[2.2] "Duallant" DW Slayer by fiqst

"
Hey man I love your build but I cant get past t8 solo. USUALLY mob clear is OK but bosses rip me. I have tried to copy most of your gear and I do great dmg but I die really fast in like t10+ groups. Do you have any suggestions? I copied ur spec and heres my gear. Im ujsing HOTA/Assassins mark w/ blashphemy but im thinking of switch to enfeeble to take less dmg. Let me know THANKS!

Spoiler

Yes you can try to improve your defences by swapping AM for enfeeble for boss fights.

I try never to fully facetank a boss and i always prepare for it.

I firstly make sure Vaal Grace is charged. VG (+inc duration) gives you 10.44 seconds of 75% dodge 60% spell dodge, which is probable the full boss fight if all goes well.

You can't rely on Bino for bosses, they have one-hit-kill power and there are usually no adds around to poison and regen. You'll have to rely on flasks to maintain life, so slow things down.

Also, place a portal nearby to escape to if you run out of flasks, going back into town refills the flasks and porting back in gives you some immunity time to think of the next tactic.

Lastly, look up the wiki about each boss you face, watch some vids, know the damage produced and the timing of their attacks, you can then do some preparation such as, with the Crematorium boss, equipping a ruby flask to deal with the fire damage, maybe even dropping Assassin's Mark and using purity of fire.

All the best mate and good luck

"
OneReality13 wrote:
Hey, I am really interested in this build. Just wondering for leveling purposes which nodes should I prioritize at what point?

I start by collecting the duelist starting nodes first.
Then marauder nodes, then scion life wheel.
Next the ranger nodes and acro/phase.
Lastly the shadow nodes.

The Adder's Touch cluster is only applicable to the Bino's so if you dont have Bino you can save these nodes for later and equip any 1h weapon
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Thanks so much for answering. Can't wait to try this out.
Hey would it be possible to try reave with this build? I wouldnt be using bino's tho probably a Rare dagger + vinktars flask to utilize the phys to lightning support gem to leech even more for survival.
Last edited by kaylon90 on Jan 15, 2016, 6:29:24 AM
"
kaylon90 wrote:
Hey would it be possible to try reave with this build? I wouldnt be using bino's tho probably a Rare dagger + vinktars flask to utilize the phys to lightning support gem to leech even more for survival.

i have a reave build that uses the exact same tree:

Bill the Butcher
Spoiler

That is my damage fully buffed, any idea for improvements?
Last edited by Influxicator on Jan 15, 2016, 1:36:09 PM
First of all, amazing build, I haven't seen anything more powerful so far !

Im currently level 64 and im doing HARDCORE TALISMAN league.
I feel if i follow to build precisely, ill just get 1 shot somewhere at high levels, im lvl 63 and bosses (ACT 4 MERCI) are hitting 75% of life when they hit (i got 55% eva on top of all else).

Any suggestions of how I can make it more HARDCORE wise, cause I really like the DPS and SPEED of the build, just the surva. seems a bit risky for HARDCORE.
"
thundervlad wrote:

Any suggestions of how I can make it more HARDCORE wise, cause I really like the DPS and SPEED of the build, just the surva. seems a bit risky for HARDCORE.

Abyssus and Hardcore don't mix well, you know...
"
thundervlad wrote:
First of all, amazing build, I haven't seen anything more powerful so far !

Im currently level 64 and im doing HARDCORE TALISMAN league.
I feel if i follow to build precisely, ill just get 1 shot somewhere at high levels, im lvl 63 and bosses (ACT 4 MERCI) are hitting 75% of life when they hit (i got 55% eva on top of all else).

For hardcore I'd recommend taking more life from the tree. You can complete the scion life wheel and swap some of the duellist start nodes for the life ones.

Rat's Nest instead of Abyssus for sure. Dps will drop by 40% but the combination of lightning coil, fortify, taste of hate and vaal grace, without the added phys damage from abyssus will give you plenty of survivability.
I've been following your build with a LS setup and, so far, its been pretty smooth sailing. Just ticked over lvl 75 and equipped my catalyst finally - the only thing left is to grab a 6l chest other than a tabula haha

Current Gear - Standard

My damage is decent, but im assuming it'll skyrocket when all my gems are levelled? Crit & accuracy need a boost, but im working on those ;) Any other suggestions though?

I tend to whirl into packs, spam LS until none left and whirl to next pack. Haven't used flicker, but im levelling one anyway just in case. Is Flicker just a personal pref for you?
Last edited by Darkstrider_ on Feb 4, 2016, 4:09:02 AM
"
I've been following your build with a LS setup and, so far, its been pretty smooth sailing. Just ticked over lvl 75 and equipped my catalyst finally - the only thing left is to grab a 6l chest other than a tabula haha

Current Gear - Standard

My damage is decent, but im assuming it'll skyrocket when all my gems are levelled? Crit & accuracy need a boost, but im working on those ;) Any other suggestions though?

I tend to whirl into packs, spam LS until none left and whirl to next pack. Haven't used flicker, but im levelling one anyway just in case. Is Flicker just a personal pref for you?

Hi thanks for sharing your progress!

The damage comes from leveled and quality gems, but mostly from jewellery.

In an amulet, look for flat phys, crit multi, accuracy and crit chance (and of course life).

This is essentially a physical build that converts some physical damage to lightning damage, so in your rings, the crafted lightning damage does little. Crafting physical damage will offer better performance.

Also, try to get as much accuracy as possible in your jewellery, aim for 250+ if possible.

I hope the new weapon gives you the performance you need.

Flicker thoughts

I use flicker because of my personal play style. It's not necessary at all.

The way i use flicker is to close into melee range and inflict the most damage on my target without the danger of having to walk there and take damage. Very similar to the way you use whirling blades to close in a target, but flicker is more precise.

Also, using a secondary attack together with your main means another 4L to have at your disposal.

I have changed the flicker around a bit since i made the OP:

RRGG
Flicker
Melee splash
Fortify
Poison

Every time i use flicker, it will poison a big area, so i am guaranteed to get regeneration on the first kill, without relying on the 30% of Adder's Touch. The damage of the flicker (and subsequent poison) is quite high so I can maintain a permanent 5k-10k regen and fortify at all times.

I also no longer use snakebites, switching to Mali's

In 2.2, the flicker will have a passive splash so i can either fit it in a 3L or add another gem like MPD to increase the poison damage.

The play style itself is very intensive and involves a lot of button mashing, so it's not for everyone. But i enjoy it more than the one button style of reave.

Try it out 👍😊👈

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info