UPDATED: Extensive Guide to Nalaa's Static Blow Ranger Softcore Build (0.10.2B)

"
Kafakulle wrote:
Hi im level 31, trying this build it seems working well. I haven't dropped loh or life leech what are their prices ? I want to get blood magic

you have to have LGOH to have blood magic, the easiest way to get it is level a marauder up to level 8 or 9 to the "The Siren's Last Cadence" act 1. its a reward from that quest, if you dont want to spend 1 hour or less getting it that way, some are giving it for 1-2 chaos. honestly leveling a marauder for 30 mins is better and cheaper.
Just want to say thanks to Skiazos for taking the time to put up such a detailed guide. I am pretty new to Path of Exile and I have been lurking in the rangers forums trying to get a good build to work off of. As I am looking at the passive skill trees of the many builds floating around this forum, I have to admit, I still don't really have a clue at what the main differences are.

So would anyone please be able to explain to me the main difference between this build vs a Petrov build or Nugiyen's build? Thanks!

just got a gmp from loot XD

tested with my gear

5L : LA + LMP + LOH + Chain + Culling Strike [69 mana]
5L : LA + GMP + LOH + Chain + Culling Strike [92 mana]

i think i can sustain the 92mana but is it worth it ? need advices
personally using BM at the moment

and just wondering why ppl prefer lmp than gmp?

my thoughts : too high reduce dmg, high mana needed

"
duabijitelur wrote:
just got a gmp from loot XD

tested with my gear

5L : LA + LMP + LOH + Chain + Culling Strike [69 mana]
5L : LA + GMP + LOH + Chain + Culling Strike [92 mana]

i think i can sustain the 92mana but is it worth it ? need advices
personally using BM at the moment

and just wondering why ppl prefer lmp than gmp?

my thoughts : too high reduce dmg, high mana needed

your exactly right. unless the group you are going against is like 20+ mobs, you wont hit everyone with 5 arrows. so the 3 is best because it does more damage, and you lose less hp each atk especially when your attacking at 2X+ per second
"
wooloong wrote:
Just want to say thanks to Skiazos for taking the time to put up such a detailed guide. I am pretty new to Path of Exile and I have been lurking in the rangers forums trying to get a good build to work off of. As I am looking at the passive skill trees of the many builds floating around this forum, I have to admit, I still don't really have a clue at what the main differences are.

So would anyone please be able to explain to me the main difference between this build vs a Petrov build or Nugiyen's build? Thanks!

Basically, damage type, skills, resistances, health are the major differences.
Great guide! I was having issues with my ranger and it's helped a lot!

I just have a quick question. Frenzy is a physical attack, but you use Weapon Elemental Damage with it. I don't understand how that helps. Can someone explain why that works?

Thanks!
To the veteran rangers out there:

I would like some clarification on how the mechanics of using a high phy dmg bow and then using elemental conversion equips/gems/skills to attain end game dps

Eg. if you use blackgleam quiver 50% conversion of ur physical to fire, does that mean that ur bow will only do half of your physical dmg now, with another half with fire dmg?

does this works similarly with hatred aura, added fire dmg gem etc, and how does it works when u use both hatred aura together with blackgleam etc, will you be left with very low physical dmg? in that case how does a high physical bow with conversion outdps a triple ele bow with high rolls? assuming with gd gears to support it, thanks! - quoted by petrov in his elemental ranger thread
Ign: Grapesjuice/StronkGrapes
"
aozkum wrote:
Great guide! I was having issues with my ranger and it's helped a lot!

I just have a quick question. Frenzy is a physical attack, but you use Weapon Elemental Damage with it. I don't understand how that helps. Can someone explain why that works?

Thanks!

it adds damage that's why you use ele damage with frenzy.
Lovely guide!

Super-detailed and very newb friendly =D

However, you keep referring to Fitness as being the first major node, and I have been feeling dumb until I realized it's Finesse that we want first.

I'm really enjoyin this playstyle, atm i'm running all kinds of arrow attacks with all the other gems lvling until I find decent gear to link myself up and go turbo mode.

Keep up the good work!! =D <3
"
foochowmang wrote:
Lovely guide!

Super-detailed and very newb friendly =D

However, you keep referring to Fitness as being the first major node, and I have been feeling dumb until I realized it's Finesse that we want first.

I'm really enjoyin this playstyle, atm i'm running all kinds of arrow attacks with all the other gems lvling until I find decent gear to link myself up and go turbo mode.

Keep up the good work!! =D <3

oh thank you haha didnt even realize that was the wrong name for it :) Thanks for the help and I'm glad you like the detail :) I was in the same boat when I started and was completely lost as to what to do so I just guessed on this build, then once I figured it out (re-rolling 2 times....) I decided to make a detailed guide for those who are just starting and how no idea what is going on. Trust me we were all in that boat :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info