UPDATED: Extensive Guide to Nalaa's Static Blow Ranger Softcore Build (0.10.2B)

Isnt Unwavering Stance a nice passive to get with Iron Reflexes?
"
Raphodael wrote:
Isn't Unwavering Stance a nice passive to get with Iron Reflexes?

Yes it is. I got bezerking but forgot to add that in... oops my bad. I fixed it.
Last edited by Skiazos on Feb 21, 2013, 2:31:56 AM
Quick Question

Im currently lvl 56 and just reached the static blow node and got it. I got their faster than your guide because I skipped the 3 early weapon element damage nodes. Should I re-spec and get those first or does the order not matter?
IGN: Kriscaryn_Moonshadow
"
iMixMasTer wrote:
Quick Question

Im currently lvl 56 and just reached the static blow node and got it. I got their faster than your guide because I skipped the 3 early weapon element damage nodes. Should I re-spec and get those first or does the order not matter?

we suggest not getting it before 65 because you are super squishy. no resistances, no health. since you already have it, see how it works for you. but the added elemental damage is pretty important in this build since it is basically all elemental damage.
"
noddie wrote:
and what about conductivity ? i'm running this build (currently lvl 75) and i have conductivity (not linked) in the same item where i got 3l spell totem skele faster cast.

conductivity has some increased shock damage (indirectly by lowering res) and makes things easily to get shocked (chance to shock on lighting hit).
and it isnt life taxing (60) + it's being casted fast (0.5 sec) very helpful while doing maps solo + if there are no any curses around.

You could use conductivity if you would like. just don't forget to turn on your auras if you take them off the skill bar.
I'm not sure as to why you're taking IR instead of going for Arrow Dodging + Acrobatics. It does cost a few more points, but the defences gained seem far higher than going with armour, particularly when you take into account the diminishing returns against large hits (Merciless onward).

(Armour + Stun Immunity vs Evasion + Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics + Arrow Dodging).
Last edited by Captain_Catface on Feb 22, 2013, 12:39:06 AM
"
I'm not sure as to why you're taking IR instead of going for Arrow Dodging + Acrobatics. It does cost a few more points, but the defences gained seem far higher than going with armour, particularly when you take into account the diminishing returns against large hits (Merciless onward).

(Armour + Stun Immunity vs Evasion + Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics + Arrow Dodging).

You will have to talk to Nalaa about that one. I didn't make the build, just the guide.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm following this guide and feeling great with BM + LA + LGoH, at least at level 38 ;). Nevermind, if i'm not losing anything, i think is better to take those life nodes with Thick Skin placed at the start (8% + 8% + 18%), instead of the three at the center (8% + 8% + 12%) for early levels.
♠RaGoN♦
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. I'm following this guide and feeling great with BM + LA + LGoH, at least at level 38 ;). Nevermind, if i'm not losing anything, i think is better to take those life nodes with Thick Skin placed at the start (8% + 8% + 18%), instead of the three at the center (8% + 8% + 12%) for early levels.

your probably right, with the extra points you get from the quests you can easily put them into the thick skin as well as the center 8% + 8% + 12%. that extra hp will really help you especially into cruel and merciless where mobs will 1 shot ya if you don't have defense and hp.
Hey Guys,

Looking for a bit of help. I am currently running a lvl 37 Ranger in Act 3 of Normal. And I feel absolutely weak.

I'm using Nalaa's static blow ranger build. And have gotten as far as:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIACC4JEA6tFHUVICmlKk0s6TWSNug6Uj8nSn1N407IVgRW-livWz1jp2egaoduqnRBeA2GYId2kAqbjalurFm18tN-2OvdDd1G37_uDvxO_MX-j_66

For my AOE im using:

4L: Lighting Arrow, Chain, LMP, and Life on Hit

for Single target using: Frenzy + LOH.

One of my issues is that I kill rares extremely slowly. At my the 4L LA according to the tooltip does 50 dps. That seems excessively low.

In contrast, my Ice shot + ele damage does 280 dps.

I'm not sure if I have enough health, currently sitting on approx ~ 800 health. All resists are around 70. And 49% Armor reduction.

My health is so low, that I cannot afford to run any aura's.

I am planning on linking reduced mana cost to Wrath + Anger and grace.

If I'm not spamming Chain into a huge group of mobs my health drops like a rock.

Below is my gear, can anyone help me make this character better. It's my 4th 30+ character and I keep rerolling to find the "right" one. Would really like it to be this one.

Gear :

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info