UPDATED: Extensive Guide to Nalaa's Static Blow Ranger Softcore Build (0.10.2B)

Some notes on the build:

Pure evasion armor will get the highest results since we have the evasion bonuses near ranger start. So it will go evasion rating -> % increase -> convert to armor.

Grace also receives the bonus then gets converted to armor.

But obviously you wont always have the perfect piece of gear, so armor/evasion mixed works fine too.

Remember a pure evasion chest is 'lighter' and has less movement penalty than one with armor, so for the chest at least try to use pure evasion.

For leveling in HC I grab thick skin first, then travel over to blood magic, dont grab it till you have a 3L item and LA, LMP, and LoH ready to go.

After that I grab the 30% ele dmg, iron reflexes, celerity, and one of the 8/8/12% hp's on the circle by iron grip. Then I grab iron grip and some 6% all res nodes and a second 8/8/12% hp circle. Then either get 15% atk/unwavering stance or start going straight towards celerity.

Dont worry about sblows till late game.

Even though its called a softcore build, it works great in hardcore. Use your decoy totem!
sry double post
weapon elemental dmg < added fire dmg ~ added lighting dmg?

some thoughts on LA link gems

5L: LA + WED + CHAIN + LOH + LMP or 5L: LA + Add Fire DMG + CHAIN + LOH + LMP or
5L: LA + add lightning dmg + CHAIN + LOH + LMP

not sure which one works better

now im using

5L: LA + Culling Strike + CHAIN + LOH + LMP

Is it not worth running the extra Frenzy Charges?

im using this build, up to level 57 now i think.
couple of changes in what order i got nods due to items i found.
but all in all same build.

Finding i use Frenzy a fair amount on merc (due to high number of rare mobs)

Frenzy DPS 1400 (2300 with full charges)
LA DPS 340 (510 with full Frenzy)

running 5L bow and armor

LA +LMP +Chain +WED +LOH (perfect set up if you ask me)

Frenzy +Culling +Life Leach +WED +Faster Attacks (dont really see the point in Culling here tbh)

other part the worries me, is heading north of the passive tree to collect the increase lightning damage and chance to shock. Unsure if this is NEEDED due to the times you use LA being on normal mobs mostly and they kinda die quick anyway. idk if the shock is worth the travel up there?
Its 9 Nods spent up there (including 18%+8% life nods)

even to stop at the life nods, use the 3 extra + i wasnt sure about getting the 15% attack speed (4 nods)

thats 7 extra nods, (the attack speed makes sense to me, but idk if its NEEDED) would an extra frenzy charge help more?

idk just enjoy this build, would like to help "perfect" it as much as possible.
Why a lineage 2 image? :S
"
Why a lineage 2 image? :S

because I was lazy and didn't want to crop a POE ranger haha Plus L2 ranger armor looks better at the momment. hopefully they will have better looking armor down the road.
If you have 100+ ele dmg on your bow and no ed, frenzy doesnt do as much dmg as elemental hit.. am i wrong?

And why pick up the Int nodes?

Also would you happen to have a tree for cold ranger?
"
Pwnography wrote:
If you have 100+ ele dmg on your bow and no ed, frenzy doesnt do as much dmg as elemental hit.. am i wrong?

the ele damage still works on frenzy

"
And why pick up the Int nodes?

Wrath uses Int, if you don't have the Int you cant level Wrath

"
Also would you happen to have a tree for cold ranger?

no I dont sorry.
Last edited by Skiazos on Mar 4, 2013, 3:18:36 PM
"
duabijitelur wrote:

5L: LA + WED + CHAIN + LOH + LMP or 5L: LA + Add Fire DMG + CHAIN + LOH + LMP or

now im using

Skazios need some advice on this :D
"
duabijitelur wrote:

now im using

5L AOE: Lightning Arrow, Chain, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Life Gain On Hit, Weapon Elemental Damage (3 Green, 2 Red)

The reason people pick the Elemental damage is because it adds a variety of damage so if the mob has resistances it still deals damage.
Last edited by Skiazos on Mar 5, 2013, 5:15:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info