Critical Strike Affliction Support

Is there any known way to increase the duration of poison? 2 seconds just makes it useless. There is little reason to go poison over just adding damage instead.

Edit:

Nvm, most questions were answered. One that is still unclear is if the increased duration support will actually effect the poison support. One of the new skills decreased duration and it didn't effect the poison support when testing. It didn't even show up or change the mana cost of the skill poison was linked to.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Dec 15, 2015, 2:27:22 AM
I've tested this gem for 3 days,
but the result was diassapointed

I know that poison can be stacked but
each poison effect has their own duration.

After poison effect does not refresh former poison effect, right?

It means that the stack of poison is useless
and it gives only 20% damage adds but not any more.

plz make the after poison refresh the former poison duration
That is the real stack effectness.
"
sharkh20 wrote:
Is there any known way to increase the duration of poison? 2 seconds just makes it useless. There is little reason to go poison over just adding damage instead.

Edit:

Nvm, most questions were answered. One that is still unclear is if the increased duration support will actually effect the poison support. One of the new skills decreased duration and it didn't effect the poison support when testing. It didn't even show up or change the mana cost of the skill poison was linked to.

Poison is not a skill. Its an "after-effect" that is caused by certain skills. The default poison duration is 2 seconds, unless stated otherwise in the skill's description (as in the case with Viper Strike). If a different poison duration is given in the skill's description, then the poison duration can be increased.

I'm guessing you're talking about Rapid Decay? The poison support only affects poison damage, not poison duration. So rapid decay will affect the non-poison duration of skill(s) it is linked to. In other words, although the skill's duration will decreased, the poison damage over time will increase and still last for 2 seconds,
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Dec 15, 2015, 2:58:57 AM
I tried to figure out if over 100% chance to poison would make any difference but failed at making any reasonable results.

So for example if you use poison gem (100% chance) and have all pasives to help aply poison (35%). Do you have 35% chance to aply 2 stacks of poison at once or does the poison aply only once per hit?
Chance to X is always effectively capped at 100%. You cannot apply multiple Poison stacks with one hit.
"
SoujiroSeta wrote:
"
sharkh20 wrote:

Edit:

Poison is not a skill. Its an "after-effect" that is caused by certain skills. The default poison duration is 2 seconds, unless stated otherwise in the skill's description (as in the case with Viper Strike). If a different poison duration is given in the skill's description, then the poison duration can be increased.

I'm guessing you're talking about Rapid Decay? The poison support only affects poison damage, not poison duration. So rapid decay will affect the non-poison duration of skill(s) it is linked to. In other words, although the skill's duration will decreased, the poison damage over time will increase and still last for 2 seconds,

It is just a little unclear with this on the front page Q&A talking about the new support.

"Do increased skill effect duration nodes and support gems increase poison duration?"

"Yes, they do."
"
kaiserhose1 wrote:

It means that the stack of poison is useless
and it gives only 20% damage adds but not any more.

With proper support gems, nodes and frenzy charges, one can raise poison damage to 100% of hit damage per second, and even more. If triple damage isnt significant for you, then i dont know what is
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
in GGG post

its a sample told projectiles Modifiers will effect poison when it linked in projectiles skill

so

how about linked to melee / spell / totem .... and those Modifiers also effect poison ??
If I hit with a purely physical attack to apply poison (for example, a purely physical Heavy Strike linked with Poison (Support)), will Increased Chaos Damage passives improve the poison damage at all?
Last edited by Unremarkable on Dec 16, 2015, 1:15:45 AM
Poison deals Chaos Damage over Time, so yes, it's effected by Increased Chaos Damage..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info