Critical Strike Affliction Support

Poison stacking ability should be removed or nerfed, poison gem should have lesser effect and nerfed
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Was wondering if Poison would work for spells? I see poison converts phys damage to add a DoT effect but i was wondering what if i had Ball of lightning + Three dragons to convert to cold + Pyre to convert the cold damage to fire + Consuming Dark to convert that to Chaos damage + poison.... would that work? I was thinking of making a Chaos Ball of Lightning low life build with Arc+Culling+MF gear for bossing.

Current lvl 75 [Full skill tree reset]
Does anyone know if poison inflicted by Rain of Arrows benefits from Projectile Damage? I know the initial hit benefits, but I'm wondering if you get the additional benefit to the DoT like you would with a conventional bow skill.
Last edited by Incompetent on Apr 23, 2016, 7:26:42 PM
"
Incompetent wrote:
Does anyone know if poison inflicted by Rain of Arrows benefits from Projectile Damage? I know the initial hit benefits, but I'm wondering if you get the additional benefit to the DoT like you would with a conventional bow skill.

Projectile damage - Although Blast Rain does not fire projectiles (and therefore cannot by modified by supports such as Chain inventory icon.pngChain and Lesser Multiple Projectiles inventory icon.pngLesser Multiple Projectiles), like any bow skill it does deal projectile damage and will be affected by any appropriate damage modifiers (such as Physical Projectile Attack Damage inventory icon.pngPhysical Projectile Attack Damage).
Why is poison duration not increased from Berserker War Bringer ascendancy when linked to abyssal cry?

In the https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1511833 it says increased skill effect duration nodes and support gems increase poison duration
War Bringer explicitly only applies to Warcry Duration. Poison is not a Warcry.
This is what i read on WIKI:
Furthermore, Poison "inherits" the damage type of the skill applying it. Stats affecting that skill's damage type will affect the poison damage as well.
As i understand correctly then "Blade Vortex + Poison" gives Poison additionally such tags as "Spell, AoE, Duration" and "Physical damage", and all modifiers to this tags will work on Chaos damage from poison?!

So all modifiers to this tags (from BV) will give double dps, because of first applying to BV, and then to Chaos damage (from poison which is 10% of already applied BV)!

But what about NEW chest equipment: Cospri's Will Assassin's Garb ?
Poison Cursed Enemies on hit.

Will Chaos damage from poison inherits all tags of HIT type?

Because in 1 scenario there are Poison GEM which is linked to SKILL with tags.
But in case of this equipment i am not sure!

If it doesn't inherit, than it better use Poison GEM (with loosing 1 socket) than such items, because in course of skill Tree there will be many used nodes which amplifies BV, so it will be better if if they also amplifies Chaos damage from poison?!
First off, the wiki quote isn't entirely accurate (damage type refers to Phys/Ele/Chaos), and second, not quite.

A given damage packet has a couple "tags":
Source: Attack, Spell, Damage over Time, or secondary. These are mutually exclusive.
Type: Physical, Elemental (Fire/Cold/Lightning), Chaos.
Misc: everything else. This is not exactly a defined category like the first two, it's jsut a grab bag of Everything Else.

Poison inherits miscellaneous modifiers, it does not inherit source/type modifiers.
Where the poison comes from does not matter.

The wiki does have a comprehensive list of what can apply, by the way. 'ere.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 2, 2016, 3:03:51 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
First off, the wiki quote isn't entirely accurate (damage type refers to Phys/Ele/Chaos), and second, not quite.

A given damage packet has a couple "tags":
Source: Attack, Spell, Damage over Time, or secondary. These are mutually exclusive.
Type: Physical, Elemental (Fire/Cold/Lightning), Chaos.
Misc: everything else. This is not exactly a defined category like the first two, it's jsut a grab bag of Everything Else.

Poison inherits miscellaneous modifiers, it does not inherit source/type modifiers.
Where the poison comes from does not matter.

The wiki does have a comprehensive list of what can apply, by the way. 'ere.

Thanks for description.
So only benefit double dips of BV+Poison is Area Damage if applied by an area skill?
And in Case of Cospri's Will Assassin's Garb Poison will not inherit Area Damage modifier?

Also i have another question: the sequence of Poison damage calculation!
From your words i understand that Poison is 10% of MORE?

Example:
Base damage 1000 of Area skill.
Area damage modifier +50%.

1) Overall Area damage 1000 * (1 + 0.5) = 1500.
2) (10%) 150 * (1 + 0.5) = 225 Poison.

It isn't as damage conversion, where you take only BASE damage and amplifies it with all tags which it inherited?!
"And in Case of Cospri's Will Assassin's Garb Poison will not inherit Area Damage modifier?"
"Where the poison comes from does not matter."
The Skill deals Area Damage and applies Poison. As such, the Poison benefits from Area Damage bonuses.

Blade Vortex only has Area Damage as inheritable modifier, yes.

That (simplified) calculation looks correct to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info