Blade Vortex

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
dragonsroc wrote:
The change to fix the bug was great. But it kind of screws the normal player not trying to abuse the bug since you can no longer have a CwDT-BV-PCoC setup if you're actually playing BV as well. I wish they came up with a different fix to the bug without killing the ability to have two different BV setups.

(emphasis mine)
The aforementioned setup is abusing the same bug. It's exactly the same exploit, just executed less efficiently. Can't have your cake and eat it too, as they say.

I... don't see how it is? I flat out do not agree with you.
If BV is supported by the exact same support gems on all skills (say, CoDT is 0 support, the cast on crit is 0 supports, and the cast on stun is 0 supports) and all blade vortex's are the same level, then even if they're from different gems, it should work. There is no exploit there, just more blade generation.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
...Yeah, if you don't use Supports, it doesn't matter. :/ Now re-read what dragonsroc actually said they were using. Note that there's a PCoC in there - I can guarantee they didn't have that in their main links.
"
If BV is supported by the exact same support gems on all skills (say, CoDT is 0 support, the cast on crit is 0 supports, and the cast on stun is 0 supports) and all blade vortex's are the same level, then even if they're from different gems, it should work. There is no exploit there, just more blade generation.
You are incorrect. The problems with Blade Vortex were not to do with supports, they were to do with using multiple instances of the skill, because each instance hit separately, but all counted your number of blades (which is technically an aspect of the character).

Using two instances of Blade Vortex at the same time dealt twice as much damage as one instance, because each instance dealt damage at the same frequency.

If you were using multiple instance of blade vortex at the same time, you were benefitting from a bug that allowed you to deal much more damage than intended.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Mar 15, 2017, 8:38:20 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
You are incorrect. The problems with Blade Vortex were not to do with supports, they were to do with using multiple instances of the skill, because each instance hit separately, but all counted your number of blades (which is technically an aspect of the character).

Using two instances of Blade Vortex at the same time dealt twice as much damage as one instance, because each instance dealt damage at the same frequency.

If you were using multiple instance of blade vortex at the same time, you were benefitting from a bug that allowed you to deal much more damage than intended.

I don't get it. Or maybe I do.

1 main 6L BV
1 CWDT BV

If I had 19 BV stacks from main 6L and then single BV from CWDT pops up, it counted as 2 dmg sources, separate blade vortexes, at 20 stacks , doing dmg as if both were maxed?

If so, i am disappointed in myself to never abuse the double BV setups :(
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Because of the new changes to the way double dipping and DOTs work, has BV been updated so that the %more spell damage per blade effects it's base damage for the purposes of poison? It seems that the skill can be reverted to have % more skill damage instead of just spell damage.

Unless this mod would already affect DOTs applied by BV, and I'm just not understanding the poison change correctly.
is the 30% more spell damage for each blade global or local?

will it raise the spell damage for other spells, or no?
Local of course. It's part of the Blade Vortex Skill (which is not a Buff, unlike Righteous Fire), and scales off the amount of Blades; Fireball is not Blade Vortex (and there is no BV Buff on you) and has zero Blades active.
Maybe in 3.0 BV stop being broken OP gem vs other gems?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
With all the necessary fixes in the past ( http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blade_Vortex#Version_history ), I'd like to suggest a small 'usability buff' meaning to raise the skills base duration by 20% to 6 seconds and give the 'last' radius increase already at lvl 19 - it is sometimes really annoying in a new league to have that area increase dangling in front of you like a carrot.
Last edited by kuddman on Jul 17, 2017, 7:21:59 PM
Can a level 3 blade vortex proc a level 1 curse on hit which casts a level 5 curse?

My setup is a six link CWDT (1), Immortal Call (3), Tempest Shield (7), Blade Vortex (3), Curse on Hit (1), Enfeeble (5) or Flammability (5), in a Tabula Rasa.

I'm not noticing the little curse sign above the opponents' heads, but if I cast the curse manually, it shows.

Do I need to level up the Blade Vortex since it only requires level 19 and the curse on hit requires level 38? That would require me to significantly boost my Dexterity, which is difficult at the moment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info