Blade Vortex

Barbed wire effect could be nice.
Also chains or barbed chains.

Maby with elem effect?

Just an idea.
Last edited by de99ial on Dec 23, 2016, 3:55:07 AM
I didn't really get on the train last league for BV. But I did get to play it a little near the end. I'm using obliteration wands just to get the same clear speed in maps but the leeching was a problem. I went Berserker, to get the 40% more in the double dipping of poison and I was just getting high enough to do some hard content when they did the nerf/"fix".

Damage on single target is pretty meh. I almost feel like any other spell now despite being in melee range. I have also noticed that the leech is bad. That is the entire reason I scrapped my shadow and my pathfinder just so I could have 100% leech because I simply wasn't leeching enough.

I really wish they had nerfed the damage and left the amount of hits the same, because its kinda terrible using a movement skill with BV now. It hits some mobs, misses others, leech is inconsistent, and so on.

But since it is semi out of the meta as in not many play it on twitch anymore, I don't really see GGG giving it any thought. You also have the douchebags posting mirrored gear shaper runs. But oh well... I don't really do Shaper. I do maps and other bosses and if they do small constant hits I can't stay up b/c the 100% leech doesn't proc and the damage really isn't what it used to be.

Not everyone was killing shaper in 3 seconds, but a few guys post videos and it gets nerfed. I think the entire BV community if you will would be so much happier if the skill hit the way it used to as far as how many times even if the damage was untouched or even reduced.
Please leave this skill as it is, including poison.

An additional nerf will literally destroy BV.

There are many cons with BV:

You need to be in close proximity to the enemy (more so with bosses due to conc effect), making a more expensive ES-gear almost mandatory for regular high tier mapping. Also you WILL need leech to survive.

Relies on some expensive gear (mainly flasks such as sin's rebirth, but also decent ES-gear with 6-link, and lvl 21 skillgem)

High mana-cost

tl/dr: BV is still very good, but it requires investment in time, levels, gear to be truly end game viable. As should be for this skill, and all skills.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
This skill is completely dead now. No damage buff, and now you can only have one up at a time, per patch notes.
since blade vortex now needs more stacks to do the same damage i suggest lowering the mana cost theres already a time investment needed to reach and maintain full stacks also its now impossible to over leech even monster physical reflect never mind on maps unless u use conversion vinktar
What exactly do developers mean by "Only one instance of blade vortex can be active at once"? Each subsequent cast will replace previous blade, instead of adding another one up to the 20-limit?

"
MarkHark wrote:
What exactly do developers mean by "Only one instance of blade vortex can be active at once"? Each subsequent cast will replace previous blade, instead of adding another one up to the 20-limit?

You used to be able to cast a 6L, lvl 20+ BV gem once, then spam a lvl 1 BV gem to get the rest of your 20 stacks. All the blades would inherit the full damage of the high level/6L gem without the mana cost (and/or without using a gem slot on the 6L for faster casting).

This change is to prevent that. Now casting a different gem will cancel any blades from other BV gems.
IGN EntropicThunder
The change to fix the bug was great. But it kind of screws the normal player not trying to abuse the bug since you can no longer have a CwDT-BV-PCoC setup if you're actually playing BV as well. I wish they came up with a different fix to the bug without killing the ability to have two different BV setups.
Last edited by dragonsroc on Mar 8, 2017, 3:32:27 PM
"
dragonsroc wrote:
The change to fix the bug was great. But it kind of screws the normal player not trying to abuse the bug since you can no longer have a CwDT-BV-PCoC setup if you're actually playing BV as well. I wish they came up with a different fix to the bug without killing the ability to have two different BV setups.

(emphasis mine)
The aforementioned setup is abusing the same bug. It's exactly the same exploit, just executed less efficiently. Can't have your cake and eat it too, as they say.
Ive been using two setups but for short time (last league testing build for this one). Right now instead of second BV i added Orb of Storms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info