Never Ending Dungeon

Last edited by Goaste on Jan 15, 2021, 10:27:45 AM
I like the idea, especially if it involves running around and dodging the ice spears of 5 Hailrakes in harder floors :P
"
lacalves wrote:
In favor only if:

1. Never, ever ending :)
2. No use of portals and waypoints,
3. In death, all monsters will respawn,
4. In every exit, one boss, and every boss more difficult in each level.

An endless dungeon would be amazing, but I don't think it will work with no tp / waypoints. Say I've just past through 10 levels. Then my inv will probably be full + I've left a lot on the floor. It Would suck if u had to start all over because u want to stash some loot. For this to work you would have to make some "milestones" so that u can tp every 5 levels or so. Not sure how that would work.
For your nostalgic needs:
/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8
/watch?v=FnYwLZcxOtY
WTB yellow text, PST. ;)
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
This seems really interesting to me but I think it should only be accessible once you make it to chaos difficulty or something.

Also, regarding waypoints: There shouldnt be any, but perhaps every 20 levels you could have your "stash" randomly generated inside the map somewhere.
This way, you never have access to the potion refill you get when you enter a town (which, I think, would go against the idea of the endless dungeon). Teleporting out should result in having to restart the dungeon.
I've always suported this idea!
it was already discussed (i can't find where...).

- of course it have to be in the end-game. and be a special hellish maelstrolmish chaotic's place.
- no WP
- no TP or you can't reenter the same instance without starting at the begining (one way tp) you can't go back to town so you have to select your loots and keep the best.
- I would suggest different formulas/timers ex: 1 hour, 3 hours, 5 hours (not more because people will die for real in it... ;) )

the sole purpose : clean the most possible floors meanwhile the set timer is off.(clean, just not reach... maybe even you can't open the next floor door without cleaning the place beforehand.)
sure it'll be great!!

... nothing
Why would you only have this available once you've reached the hardest difficulty?

This game could use some fun things like endless dungeons, challenge dungeons, mini-quests/side quests etc - and don't see the need to limit it to end game only.

Yeah, the biggest benefit is providing replayable end-game content, but don't see the need to limit it to that.
the idea is good. I played the endless Dungeon in Torchlight several times but there is a big catch.

Once you completed the main game you are at level 60 i think. Level cap is 99 if i remember right. So you run into the endless dungeon and you slash your way through until you reach your level cap. Now the problem begins. You can't level up more nor gain or improve your skills so you are completely depending on your Weapon damage, armor value and Shields (if your class have any). It's not that problematic at the beginning because you still loot better items (legendaries, uniques, sets) but eventually you will reach the point where the enemies can kill you with one hit and your inflicting damage is below 100. So the endless dungeon will "end" for every one more or less at the same point.

in PoE it will make little to no difference. Yes the challenge in the beginning is pure fun but after that it becomes annoying or even frustrating.
Last edited by Beatmaster_AC on May 3, 2012, 8:27:04 AM
Love this idea! After acts 4-5 I would love to see this added before acts 6+
Great Idea +1
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info