Never Ending Dungeon

if maps where given a "endless dungeon" mod with like "x% increase quantity per level" it would be cool. alternatively, make it a unique map.
If we could guarantee a map drop to the same level or the next higher level whenever the boss of the level is killed, this idea will be fulfilled! And I am excited about this version of the endless dungeon!
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
They could make one of the end game maps into a never ending dungeon and the map could be unique or something i just really hope they put an endless dungeon in the game :)
Well the map system kind of makes the never ending dungeon model obsolete, TBH.
"
Well the map system kind of makes the never ending dungeon model obsolete, TBH.

Not really, it would be a nice addition.
Endless arena is all you need and i would like to see it in this game. With ladder that shows you how fast did ppl clear waves and how long did they last.
Trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again!
I played some old arse game on the ... I have no idea. Been that long. ha ha

Anyhow there could be traps that triggered in solo that made the player descend into a previous level (as if you were meant to go up and going down would be a setback). Perhaps there could be trap or triggers that would respawn the whole level or spawn mobs for the player(s) to defeat prior to being able to leave the room / level.

Perhaps in order to get to the next level, you would be required to complete certain challenges or goals. Maybe you have to flip a switch in each room, maybe you need to kill all the critters. Perhaps you got a random debuff per level which would go away when you went to the next level (level = floor for those getting confused).

I loved the game Chocobo Dungeon 2 for the ps. Sword of Fargol for the Commodore 64 / 128. One issue with a dungeon however is this ... a summoner or a player which has minions ... well, minions are currently dumber then a box of rocks. They get stuck on plenty and cant seem to navigate corridors, paths, walkways, stairs, doorways and seemingly love getting trapped behind walls ... lets not talk about them walking away from critters they are next to ...

Over all, an Infinite Dungeon would be bad arse, no more lame docks runs.

You could tie some random dailies to the I.D. that would send players to it for quest items. Then return for rewards of loot, exp or both.

Personally, I'd love to see some maps that didn't have all the clutter and had tons of critters on em. :D

-Me
"
If we could guarantee a map drop to the same level or the next higher level whenever the boss of the level is killed, this idea will be fulfilled! And I am excited about this version of the endless dungeon!

I don't actually think it would. This idea has already been voiced before, possibly in this very thread, but if not here, then certainly in some similar thread.

A map (possibly a unique map) drops. It has the Endless affix. Behind the map boss is a portal, which connects you to another randomly generated map, with a random boss. The next map is one level up. If you die, you're back to the Eternal Lab, with no way back in. As long as you can keep going through portals, the map goes on forever. However, there is a catch. If there is any interval in time greater > N minutes that you do not kill a mob, the sequence ends.

I can see some reasons to loop non level inreasing maps instead of level increasing ones. There could be affixes for either, I suppose.

A single map like this is obviously worth a mint; it is in fact worth at least whatever the highest level of map you can currently play without dying is worth, plus the value of all maps leading up to that. Obviously the map isn't wholly endless, for two reasons; 1) eventually you need to sleep, and therefore face the timeout, and 2) eventually you won't be able to overcome the content.

Of course when people ask for an endless dungeon, more likely they are asking one that is accessible to everyone. Still. This would be a cool map.

--C

Last edited by Courageous on Apr 23, 2013, 4:24:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info