Never Ending Dungeon

"
Well the new endgame is going to appear in the next patch, so at this point we might as well wait. No devs are reading these suggestions because they're already committed to their new system.

This is just... not true.

"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
Well the new endgame is going to appear in the next patch, so at this point we might as well wait. No devs are reading these suggestions because they're already committed to their new system.

This is just... not true.

My point at the time was "Maybe the endgame IS an endless dungeon". This may be more evident in the comment I posted 2 minutes before you tragically chose this quotation of mine to highlight. ;)
"
I'm thinking that GGG cannot ignore nearly 13 pages of posts about this. If an endless dungeon isn't part of the new endgame, then I bet it will be in the future as this thread is showing no sign of dying.

Yep, and I think if people stay interested, GGG still has 10 years to add several possible endgames :)
Thank god this game is planned with extensive long time support, otherwise there would be no silver sparkle on my kiwi.
"
I'm thinking that GGG cannot ignore nearly 13 pages of posts about this. If an endless dungeon isn't part of the new endgame, then I bet it will be in the future as this thread is showing no sign of dying.

Maelstrom of Chaos is already pretty endless. I mean it could use some diversity but to my knowledge it just keeps going.
They said I was mad! They said it couldn't be done! But now who's mad?!?!
"

The concept is pure financial gold. The amount of fun and longevity that it would create would be priceless.

Make it so Number One!
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
"
Rippster wrote:
"

The concept is pure financial gold. The amount of fun and longevity that it would create would be priceless.

Make it so Number One!

Well some people are saying the new map system in PoE is going to be similar to Torchlight's map system. That means it'll grant access to new dungeons, possibly endless dungeons with different themes. I think the ability to increase quality will allow players to enhance the difficulty.
Kinda reviving this thread, but i find this idea pretty exciting.

Kinda like an infinite tower, where you start on the bottom, and every time you climb a level, it get's harder. Once you go inside, you must remain inside. If you leave, the instance will become unavailable.

Just bump dmg+hp on mobs every level, with a unique, extremely hardcore and gear-requiring boss every 5 levels or so. You could add levels according to progress (ex. top guys are getting to 14-15 of 20 avail, just make 5 more, bla bla.

Being a major hardcore mode fan, i'd say there should be an exception on the perma-death there.

It should also have a cooldown, 1 creation\day to avoid op builds\classes to farm higher levels for best loot and whatnot.

Really find this exciting :)
I love the idea and there could be a leaderboard or ladder on who can get the furthest before dying i really hope that the developers implement this in an update would be so awesome once we have finished the core gameplay :)
While this could be nice,
we need to make sure that this dungeon isn't better in terms of loot than maps, because that would make maps almost useless while it's really a nice thing.
"
y spin on this idea:

- Access after beating normal, but from then on, you can always go in.
- LOOT is a lot worse than in the rest of the game, or nonexistant
- EXP is reduced as well, so you don't use this challenge as a farming ground
- WAYPOINT every few floors, so you can go back to town and pick up where you left off
- LOWEST FLOOR you reached will be displayed in your char sheet for prestige

BALANCING:
- There is only ONE difficulty
- Every floor before a waypoint floor has a boss at the end

That means a group makes a big difference. You are suddenly able to get through floors that were impossible before, and how deep you get reflects the group effort.
Playing through all of it again every time you start won't make any sense, if you are constantly changing groups you play with. With waypoints every 3 or 5 levels, a group can start on the highest floor that every member of the group completed.
That means groups form for certain levels and are most of the time of similar skill, no matter if the single chars a better because of exp, build or equipment.
It's very flexible, you can play with anyone on any difficulty and the only restrictions for how the dungeon is played is set by the members of the groups that visit it.

My old idea. This kind of challenge only dungeon would be really great, a goal to lvl FOR. Not level in. We have maps for that.
Maybe we could add one thing:

So far my idea is that loot is extremely reduced, which is GOOD. But it would be great if in that context, the bosses that pop up every 3-5 levels DO carry good loot.
But ONLY when you beat them for first time!
Or, if someone in your party is beating them for the first time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info