Never Ending Dungeon

another way ofc would b to add a boss every 10 levels with gd loot drops so u hafta atleast reach there to get gear from defeatin him.

make the bosses random ones from in the game just scale their difficulty based on the level of the dungeon (which is how i believe normal enemies should b done anyway)
dungeon runs is a must have in a good game:D so this way the players meet frequently and form a group to defeat evil and share loot
i ad to your idea and say i would definately want a scoreboard but also i think the levels should be counted by massive parts of the dungeon and whatever level you reach that is how many items you get to keep from the dungeon. have it be like a high reward mini game to eat up game time and maybe it will end up being an essential part of the game with the popularity of it like call of duty's zombie mode
}}}}----KNEE--->>
instead of creating endless dungeon ... I say to create an arena type map where monsters keeps. Adding a timer there to see how long you have survived there, the number of players in the party at the moment they entered the instance. And each ~10 mins a "boss" will come...

For example a player enters and zombies start to coming.. one for each 10 seconds... after 2 mins ... 3 zombies at each 10 seconds... when you reach 10 mins there ... big zombie boss came with ~10 other zombies.. and so forth ...while you fight the boss there will be zombies coming .. after you defeat it there will be harder monsters to come ... and harder bosses ..
The higher is the party ... the more and stronger monsters are spawned !!

it will be a nice thing to farm solo or in party .. and a nice "event" where people can race to get a higher time there. How long one player or a party survived there can be posted on the website, creating more events and so forth....

One good reason why I won't want endless dungeons is because people can "rush" the levels .. just run to the next level w/o fighting any monster.. then brag about his awesome reach on the forum... by having a small space where the only options for you is fight or die ! there's no way to "rush" or anything ... it's either you fight.. or die...
Long Live the Templars !!!!
Last edited by InfinityAtEnd on Feb 19, 2012, 5:33:20 AM
good idea infinty!
I had a dream of a room/arena like this once...
but i also like the idea of neverending dungeon!
ok you can rush it, but you could also had something mandatory in order to reach the next level. aka push a lever, kill some boss... we can imagine like 10 random methods for opening the next gate.
i'm sure it'll be damn fun!
... nothing
"
__Z__ wrote:
good idea infinty!
I had a dream of a room/arena like this once...
but i also like the idea of neverending dungeon!
ok you can rush it, but you could also had something mandatory in order to reach the next level. aka push a lever, kill some boss... we can imagine like 10 random methods for opening the next gate.
i'm sure it'll be damn fun!

maybe... but ... later on a never ending dungeon will get borring because you will get so strong that the first several level of the infinite dungeon will be useless for you and you want to go into higher lever where you can actually have some challanges/exp/drops and I would love to see your "entuziasm" when you have to run through 10 levels to find a boss/lever and spend like more than 1-2 hours just to get to the desired level :|

having a "spamming" arena it will be more easy, time saving and a lot of fun too.

I tend to remind it that not all of the players will have so much free time to "take-a-walk" inside an infinite dungeon.
I can only enter 2-3 hours a day to play...I can afford more time in the weekends.. so... I don't feel quite fine with that unending dungeon :|

An besides, having a small arena where monsters come w/o breaks it will be very fun and challenging since you have to constantly kill something to get Flask charges to help you survive, make the dungeon in suck way that a solo player will soon get overwhelmed by the monster and he won't be able to survive for long .. unless he's higher in level.. but even that will only make him stand up for another 5-10 mins of constantly killing. Making party with another players and try to hold your ground versus a full screen of monsters ... that will be more fun than spending so much time in a dungeon "finding" some monsters and after 30 mins for running in a dungeon, fighting a few monster to get only 1-2 rares from drops .. :| not cool :|

EDIT : They can make it like arena fights where it will open each hour, and required an Entrance Seal(Portal like single-use-orb that summon a portal to the arena...)...and other stuffs to prevent players for doing farm there all the time..

My personal opinion !
Last edited by InfinityAtEnd on Feb 19, 2012, 8:21:40 AM
"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:
instead of creating endless dungeon ... I say to create an arena type map where monsters keeps. Adding a timer there to see how long you have survived there, the number of players in the party at the moment they entered the instance. And each ~10 mins a "boss" will come...

For example a player enters and zombies start to coming.. one for each 10 seconds... after 2 mins ... 3 zombies at each 10 seconds... when you reach 10 mins there ... big zombie boss came with ~10 other zombies.. and so forth ...while you fight the boss there will be zombies coming .. after you defeat it there will be harder monsters to come ... and harder bosses ..
The higher is the party ... the more and stronger monsters are spawned !!

it will be a nice thing to farm solo or in party .. and a nice "event" where people can race to get a higher time there. How long one player or a party survived there can be posted on the website, creating more events and so forth....

One good reason why I won't want endless dungeons is because people can "rush" the levels .. just run to the next level w/o fighting any monster.. then brag about his awesome reach on the forum... by having a small space where the only options for you is fight or die ! there's no way to "rush" or anything ... it's either you fight.. or die...

ya like champions return to arms that sounds good but the endless dungeon would be good for rangers too so you can run if you get low on health and not be so concealed
}}}}----KNEE--->>
why concealed ? with a ranger in arena just stay and spam skills, 100% chance to hit ... damn.. he could do just fine there ...

also I was thinking about the option on Witches to focus on a specific element. To help them a little it could be nice to have different "dungeons" where there will be only one elemental type monsters... like... A cold Witch goes where fire monsters are .. a fire witch goes where ice/cold monsters are ..
I really like most of ideas from this thread. GGG really should inspire from this thread and create something like endless dungeon or arena.

I like the mechanics when you leave, the dungeon is closed and restarted. I also like the idea of choice at the end of each level. You can continue and try to loot better items (and risk dying and loosing everything) or leave and keep what you found.

The reward for levels can be for example +(level * 5) Increased rarity of items found. I thing this is no game-braking and quite rewarding (depending how is dungeon designed).

Boss at the end of each level (or each x levels) is also cool :)

This endless dungeon can be reward after completing each difficulty.

I think, that this kind of thing needs beta test to properly balance it.
What about a "bonus" dungeon witha definite end that's still very long (say 100+ levels), and drops one unique item per day in the bottom level?

So every day there's one unique item you can get by reaching the bottom level, and what item that is changes every day. Only one drop per party, to balance out group size. You could exclude top-tier stuff too.

No exiting the dungeon before the bottom level either - it's an all or nothing sort of deal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info