[2.1] Dbum's Blade Vortex SuperTank [Block, MoM, EB, GR, Cybil's] HC Viable **Video Added**

is 1200-1300 es enough to sustain?
"
Vilpertti wrote:
Spoiler
Not uber viable confirmed and the dps seems meh at best in higher tier maps. You also get huge fps drops when you get into big packs.

Edit: I'd advice just going cyclone which seems to be pretty as tanky with coil + ToH + armor and shitloads of hp and on top of that it has way better damage and clearspeed.

Edit2: I even tried 6 frenzy charge setup with blood dances and the dps wasn't still good enough.

Edit3: I'd go cyclone or just crit version of blade vortex which is far more damage and better.

What about the build isn't uber viable? Incinerate was and this build isn't significantly different from that. I've run a number of regular atziris with the build and I've been happy with my ability to do them. I'm curious about your experience on uber.

In higher tier maps solo the DPS and clear speed isn't blazing, but it's fine, even with a level 18 blade vortex. However, the build is miserable in large-party mapping, where the lag actually becomes a problem. Lag is rarely an issue solo because things die fast enough that you don't lag, but I tried to run a 6-man party and it was rather unplayable. Hopefully the lag gets fixed, but I'm still a believer in the build.
"
fioreskater22 wrote:
is 1200-1300 es enough to sustain?

With Ghost Reaver EB and MoM you can sustain very easily with life leach gem or warlords mark.

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum
"
d3sden0va wrote:
"
Vilpertti wrote:
Spoiler
Not uber viable confirmed and the dps seems meh at best in higher tier maps. You also get huge fps drops when you get into big packs.

Edit: I'd advice just going cyclone which seems to be pretty as tanky with coil + ToH + armor and shitloads of hp and on top of that it has way better damage and clearspeed.

Edit2: I even tried 6 frenzy charge setup with blood dances and the dps wasn't still good enough.

Edit3: I'd go cyclone or just crit version of blade vortex which is far more damage and better.

What about the build isn't uber viable? Incinerate was and this build isn't significantly different from that. I've run a number of regular atziris with the build and I've been happy with my ability to do them. I'm curious about your experience on uber.

In higher tier maps solo the DPS and clear speed isn't blazing, but it's fine, even with a level 18 blade vortex. However, the build is miserable in large-party mapping, where the lag actually becomes a problem. Lag is rarely an issue solo because things die fast enough that you don't lag, but I tried to run a 6-man party and it was rather unplayable. Hopefully the lag gets fixed, but I'm still a believer in the build.

Double vaals are easy, when you get to trio you get one shot imidietly when the double strike puts thorns on. On top of that its really hard to sustain ES and do damage with low amount of charges on vortex. If you somehow get past trio then comes even funnier part which is split phase :)

EDIT: I gave my gears to uber dan aswell and he had the same impressions, builds not worth doing in our opinion.
Last edited by Vilpertti on Dec 17, 2015, 12:07:46 AM
"
Vilpertti wrote:
"
d3sden0va wrote:
"
Vilpertti wrote:
Spoiler

Double vaals are easy, when you get to trio you get one shot imidietly when the double strike puts thorns on. On top of that its really hard to sustain ES and do damage with low amount of charges on vortex. If you somehow get past trio then comes even funnier part which is split phase :)

EDIT: I gave my gears to uber dan aswell and he had the same impressions, builds not worth doing in our opinion.

So the build is not worth doing based on the fact that it may of or may not be able to do ONE boss in the entire game? Well then I should just delete my entire post and delete my awesome fun character in HC. /end sarcasm

I understand Uber is tough, and I have never personally done Uber. But I play this build and enjoy it very much, and figured others may enjoy it also.

Hope you can do Uber with it at some point, tweaking the build may be in order I have no clue as of yet.

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum

I understand Uber is tough, and I have never personally done Uber. But I play this build and enjoy it very much, and figured others may enjoy it also.

Hope you can do Uber with it at some point, tweaking the build may be in order I have no clue as of yet.

~Dbum~[/quote]

Doing uber is impossible + the build starts dropping on @ higher tier maps from T13> aswell :) Why play suboptimal build when there are way better ones.
"
Vilpertti wrote:
Doing uber is impossible + the build starts dropping on @ higher tier maps from T13> aswell :) Why play suboptimal build when there are way better ones.

You realize this is a tank build for HC, and in my Cons section I do state it will get out performed by other builds. I am playing this because it is new, fun, and I can face tank almost anything thrown at me so far.

This build is only "suboptimal" to ppl that only farm t15 maps and do uber atziri, or are dps whores which is fine. I would love to be that kind of player but I'm not, I enjoy what I enjoy simple as that.

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum
"
dbum wrote:
"
Vilpertti wrote:

You realize this is a tank build for HC, and in my Cons section I do state it will get out performed by other builds. I am playing this because it is new, fun, and I can face tank almost anything thrown at me so far.

This build is only "suboptimal" to ppl that only farm t15 maps and do uber atziri, or are dps whores which is fine. I would love to be that kind of player but I'm not, I enjoy what I enjoy simple as that.

~Dbum~

its not even that tanky when you have to go melee range vs everything and then comes GMP + Ball of lightning + artic breath + curse on hit + assasins mark fps drops and kills you when you get into a pack big enough.

edit: On top of that your forced to run 3 offensive auras to get the DPS to be somewhat relevant which sucks aswell on HC. Running around with Carcass jack, no ToH and relying just on your MoM and block to keep you alive is just asking to die on hardcore lmao. This your version is no where near "super tank".
Last edited by Vilpertti on Dec 17, 2015, 12:58:56 AM
"
Vilpertti wrote:

Yeah, the thorns are dangerous for sure. I've had trouble with him on Normal Atziri, but a Ruby Flask and careful play was enough to keep me up through it. I'm sure Uber is another story though.

If you're aiming for the best build in the game, this isn't it. MB Incinerate it ain't. But I find it fun to play and enjoy the EB MoM GR Maxblock playstyle so I'm going to keep this character while I work on my CoC Discharger. Considering most players don't go above the first few tiers of maps, I think this build is perfectly viable and fun to play, especially if the lag gets fixed.

And hey, since you're so down on the skill wanna trade me that 20/20 Blade Vortex? :D
Last edited by d3sden0va on Dec 17, 2015, 1:21:40 AM
@Dbum

Thanks for mechanic section, it will surely boost the number of ppl using it and make it easier for anyone new to this mechanic.

@Vilpertti

I am just casual player here and right now I am more occupied by some other of my builds in Talisman (my blade vortex char is respected incinerator from Standard) so it will be a while till I test it personally on uber Atziri but.... are you trolling here ?

Even if we completly ignore the fact that this build can do any map mode and focus just on Atziri, let's think for a moment.

We have pernament fortify, at least 5 endurance charges, around 68-70% block (with proper jewels and gear) and 75 spell block, arctic armour, some also use Lightning coil (but almost every build can aim for it). Our life regen gives around 300 life and per hit mechanics gives more than 400 life per second per mob
Spoiler
(assuming blades do one rotation per second... which is surely faster, but still I cannot find accurate number for it)

These layers of defense covers 5-6k of life which is even further mitigated by MoM-ES by 33% making our real hitpool around 9k. And this is covered by defenses above.

And people get more than 90k for end-game chars.

.... can you post what level of defense and dmg is minimum in your opinion for the Uber Atziri ? Because right now you act like only someone with 25k life-Es pool and 500k+ dmg can do Uber Atziri.
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 17, 2015, 8:34:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info