[2.1] Dbum's Blade Vortex SuperTank [Block, MoM, EB, GR, Cybil's] HC Viable **Video Added**

Really enjoying this build so far. Lvl 72 and got lucky with a few good drops/trade deals and already have -3% chaos res as well as a 3% block SoL and decent gloves with open suffix for Haku lvl 7 global shield block mod... now I just need to update to Carcass Jack + Rathpith Globe, good rings with chaos res, and better belt with chaos res...

My thoughts on Blade Vortex so far:

One thing I'll say is that the most dangerous part about this build isn't charging into a pack of enemies with 30 vortexes on you - that's the best and easiest part as you start leeching off everything and become even more tanky than yotmato's block incinerate build because Blade Vortex works off the +8 life on hit from spell on Cybils REALLY nicely... the most dangerous part about this build is when you're having trouble with a rare or boss and have to move around too much, which means you lose vortexes, which means its harder to leech HP (via Cybils) and ES. Another moment where it can be dangerous is when you finally start doing an instance and start winding up your vortexes, when you're done you're down a decent chunk of ES and then have to charge into enemies to leech it all back - better hope those enemies dont hurt you too much!

After switching to MOM (around 1000 ES here), I started looking at the ES leech keeping up with MOM. ES Leech seems OK at lvl 17 or higher only if you have a lot of vortexes up and can commit to fighting near a boss or something. I had problems on bosses (who were alone/by themselves) at Blade Vortex lvl 16. In addition, damage seems lower than a lot of other skills but I'm really enjoying the tanky feel that I once had on yotmato's block incinerate build. That being said my BV is only lvl 17 anyways and my jewel slots aren't optimized, it could really kick in lvl 18 or lvl 19 with nice 1% block + phys dmg jewels (although 1% with life% is priority, I bet they'd be really expensive but we'll see).

The actual skill Blade Vortex has a nice feel to it when you wind up all of the vortexes and start charging into packs, but it's slightly annoying. Instead of using incinerate as a ranged cannon and not having to move, you have to stop moving to wind up vortexes and THEN either whirling blades next to an enemy (preferred route, for fortify) or just walk over. So the actual gameplay is like a backwards version of Incinerate, where you have to charge up your shit and then move over to the enemy.

EDIT: In addition, this might be short-lived but I noticed that the "big items" for this/yotmato's block incin build are wildly cheaper. % block Stone of Lazhwars were selling for 20c 2 days ago, and Rathpith Globe is only 2-3 ex right now. I figure this is due to less popularity of the block incin build given all the nerfs, but whatever the reason may be I'm enjoying the cheap prices :)

Last edited by nakieon on Dec 18, 2015, 10:17:54 AM
I'm really loving the build. Haven't had this much fun in PoE in a while. My char is currently level 77. Here's my gear:

(Some stuff, like the belt and the helmet are kind of poop, but they do the job for now.)

And a screenshot of my defenses. That's still without MoM/EB. I'll get that stuff when i hit 80.

I'm currently running the following gems in my 5-link:
BV - Spell Echo - Added Fire Damage - Controlled Destruction - Iron Will (!!!)

With Hatred and 3 Frenzy charges i reach 2,8k DPS right now. Most people seem to go for Increased Duration, but i really like Iron Will/Added Fire Damage combo. Iron Will alone gives me a flat 600 extra DPS and i can still get up to about 30 stacks. It just feels a whole lot stronger that way, because each stack deals a whole lot more damage and let's be honest, it's not like you can keep up a huge number of stacks all the time. Sometimes you have to move around a whole lot on shitty maps and then you have to start from 0 again.

When i hit 80 and switch to EB/MoM/GR, i'll probably go for
BV - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Controlled Destruction - Iron Will/Added Fire Damage
and run Hatred/AA/HoA as auras.

Edit: Just Vaal Orb'd this on my first try:
. I'll probably RIP in a few seconds, because i used up all my luck.
Last edited by nyderic on Dec 18, 2015, 3:58:22 PM
Hey,

Yotmato finaly made another build for cybil's paw-blade vortex mix. He went pretty much in totally different direction than this one but it good to check it to see some new ideas. For example, I think of adding poison to mine version after seeing what he did with that:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1520495/page/1/#p12259973
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 18, 2015, 4:54:46 PM
"
dbum wrote:
Well Rip my Talisman HC character. I got cocky and took a merci Malachai smash hehe.

Soooo.

Here is my lvl 80 Gear/Tree

Lvl 80 Passive Tree

I will reroll at some point because I really enjoy Talisman league, but I will test some things on Standard for a few days before going back since I have the gear that I would want for this build.

~Dbum~

sorry u riped bro gl on your new build

also how is yots build going anyone know?
Last edited by fioreskater22 on Dec 18, 2015, 6:34:59 PM
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
Hey,

Yotmato finaly made another build for cybil's paw-blade vortex mix. He went pretty much in totally different direction than this one but it good to check it to see some new ideas. For example, I think of adding poison to mine version after seeing what he did with that:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1520495/page/1/#p12259973

Tried it with tabula and the poison doesnt really work for this build because we don't take any chaos dmg nodes AND life leech wont work off the poison.
is a lvl 3 enlighten really enough to run hatred+PoL+AA? i thought lvl 4 was needed
"
Nildrem wrote:
is a lvl 3 enlighten really enough to run hatred+PoL+AA? i thought lvl 4 was needed

Level 3 enlighten does it with 3% reduced reservation, which should be easy to pick up with a few skill points.
"
nyderic wrote:
I'm really loving the build. Haven't had this much fun in PoE in a while. My char is currently level 77. Here's my gear:

(Some stuff, like the belt and the helmet are kind of poop, but they do the job for now.)

And a screenshot of my defenses. That's still without MoM/EB. I'll get that stuff when i hit 80.

With Hatred and 3 Frenzy charges i reach 2,8k DPS right now. Most people seem to go for Increased Duration, but i really like Iron Will/Added Fire Damage combo. Iron Will alone gives me a flat 600 extra DPS and i can still get up to about 30 stacks. It just feels a whole lot stronger that way, because each stack deals a whole lot more damage and let's be honest, it's not like you can keep up a huge number of stacks all the time. Sometimes you have to move around a whole lot on shitty maps and then you have to start from 0 again.

BV - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Controlled Destruction - Iron Will/Added Fire Damage

how do u get 2.5k on tool tip I'm g eting 1.7 :/ with 3 frenzy is it cause I'm not using iron will?
Last edited by fioremager on Dec 19, 2015, 12:28:29 AM
"
fioremager wrote:
"
nyderic wrote:
Spoiler

how do u get 2.5k on tool tip I'm g eting 1.7 :/ with 3 frenzy is it cause I'm not using iron will?

Maybe he is getting higher tooltip with this setup, but remember that he omited "increased duration" gem and as he admited he only get to 30 blades while most of the people using this build should get 50 or almost 50. In my experience, if you don't whirl around more than two time without recasting BV, number of blades should not drop.

If you want to get more dmg you might consider using these gloves:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Surgebinders

...this ring(or two of them):
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ming's_Heart

... or getting this flask:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri's_Promise

Dropping in your main skill linknig gem which gives you "more dmg" (and duration gem works like that for us + gives us more hits to life per hit) to get one with "increased dmg" is almost always a bad idea. Moreover, iron will is designed for chars with high amount of str (200-300 is not high...)
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 19, 2015, 9:34:07 AM
has anybody tried the boss of the new agnerod map with this build yet? if it can do that, im sold. need a build for challenges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info