2.1.0 Content Update and Talisman League Deployment Timeline!

Could we please get a preview of the gore armour set also?

I'm curious about it, and I'd like to know how it fits in with the rigwald set.
I don't think the dye will work on heralds because they are gems not gear.

Perhaps they could make another mtx that vanishes skill effects, but then people may abuse it especially in PVP. Imagine an invisible flameblast! Unless they make them specifically for things like heralds or tempest shield.

Well I guess we will be seeing some naked builds from now on.
"
Alysma wrote:
The starting time for the leagues still is 10PM CET. You can start patching two hours before the timer hits zero, though.
I.e. the countdown is for the leagues, not the patch.

So....if i understand this corectly, in 10h and 30 minutes i'll be abble to pick a class and start the talisman league ?

Where i'm from it's 11:30 AM currently, so in 10h and 30 minutes talisman should start ?
Yes, see Bex' first post:

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Two hours before the countdown timer hits zero, the servers will be taken down. At this time players will be able to begin patching the 2.1.0 Content Update

Coundown hitting 0/0/0/0 = Talisman time :-D
Ok, thank you very much Alysma, you have been patient with my dumbass and i apretiate it o/
Damn, son.

Gonna play all night long. ^_^
Øvè®þðwé® Øvê®®ûn Øvè®çðmé
"
Durentis wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
World of Warcraft has a quick "Show Helm" button for you to toggle on and off. Since we've already paid for the helm/head effect, why should we have to pay for vanishing dye?

My thoughts exactly. I've been asking for a toggle for helmets for years.

This reminds me of the Move skill taking a slot in the skill bar instead of just being a hotkey binding. I was grateful for the ability to move without clicking, yet I still don't know why it was elevated to the level of Active Skill. Imagine if the ability to click on open terrain to move were disabled because movement had to take a skill slot? Is it a skill to find open terrain in a flood of mobs and VFX? Anyway, I digress somewhat into a long-standing disagreement in UX design.

I do think the vanishing dye (rather than a toggle) is consistent and reasonable within GGG's laudable MTX model, but what I haven't seen (and I may have missed it) is how it actually functions. Is it a reclaimable effect (I hope!) such that we need to buy one per item we wish to vanish simultaneously or is it consumable (yuck) like skin transfers. If the latter, I have the same feelings as when MTX were initially all to be consumable.. that I would be disinclined to apply it to items as I level or to swap items that I have applied it to (a reason GGG gives against item set bonuses). Both reasons would keep me from buying them (despite having 10.66k points remaining) as I won't buy skin transfers, yet both vanishing and skin transferring are very desirable features to me.

In my opinion, vanishing dye and skin transfer both should be non-consumable, or at least have a non-consumable counterpart. Best, would be one-time purchases to each unlock the ability to toggle visibility and the ability to transfer/revert skin transfers. These could be in addition to their consumable counterparts if priced within reasonable reach of the general player base.

Anyway, extremely excited about starting into the 2.1.0 content over the holidays! Will be looking into designing my second Unique at long last. :)

you misspelled "laughable" there

seriously
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
I am going to get really mad if that totem skin again only works with spell totem, GGG! ;)
Thanks, I feel like dying from anticipation.
Perception is reality.
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
Durentis wrote:

I do think the vanishing dye (rather than a toggle) is consistent and reasonable within GGG's laudable MTX model, but what I haven't seen (and I may have missed it) is how it actually functions. Is it a reclaimable effect (I hope!) such that we need to buy one per item we wish to vanish simultaneously or is it consumable (yuck) like skin transfers. If the latter, I have the same feelings as when MTX were initially all to be consumable.. that I would be disinclined to apply it to items as I level or to swap items that I have applied it to (a reason GGG gives against item set bonuses). Both reasons would keep me from buying them (despite having 10.66k points remaining) as I won't buy skin transfers, yet both vanishing and skin transferring are very desirable features to me.

seriously

They were spelling Laudable is why, it's an actual word.

Also, I am ready to play some Searing Bond! :D
IGN: Lil_Crimson
"
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
Durentis wrote:

seriously

They were spelling Laudable is why, it's an actual word.

i think he meant to correct that "laudable" because LMTR14 rather want's to pay a 100 dollar annual entrance fee for the game. am i right?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info