[2.1] Making builds for everyone! Come and check it out!

"
junaum wrote:
Hi there bro!

I noticed you have a very deep knowledge of the game, perhaps you could help me to improve my current build? I´playing a build a my own, level 90 right now. At first, it was a 400k dps build, then I started to die too often and made a (much) more sturdy build.

Now, it features less than 150k top dps, but improved survivability.

This is the thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1501474

You can post your response on this thread to keep it hot - we can discuss your suggestions here. And if we get some of your ideas implemente, post the final result on the original build thread so that people can see your support.

Cheers

Honestly man, i cannot see any flaws lol, the tree looks like something i would do, i guess for added DPS, you could spec into the shield nodes just below the duelist start for more physical damage (since its a conversion) other then that, i dont see how much i can improve this :P You honestly did well man :)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Yow !

I need a templar for HC.

Glacial hammer/Melee splash / MOM.

1H-Shield preferred, or crazy staff if I can get wealthy.

I'm torturing my mind to build it...
Your suggestion would be welcome !
"

Honestly man, i cannot see any flaws lol, the tree looks like something i would do, i guess for added DPS, you could spec into the shield nodes just below the duelist start for more physical damage (since its a conversion) other then that, i dont see how much i can improve this :P You honestly did well man :)

Thanks for the support man. I keep asking myself about speccing on some Shield nodes as well. I might not get the Melee Physical ones close to the Duelist area though - Melee damage Passives don´t get converted to derived elemental damage of Lightning Strikes and Frost Blades projectiles (main build skills). If I node some shield passives, I may have to take those specific shield passives.

"
junaum wrote:
"

Thanks for the support man. I keep asking myself about speccing on some Shield nodes as well. I might not get the Melee Physical ones close to the Duelist area though - Melee damage Passives don´t get converted to derived elemental damage of Lightning Strikes and Frost Blades projectiles (main build skills). If I node some shield passives, I may have to take those specific shield passives.

They don't? thats silly :o i've always used shield passives to increase static strike DPS all the time o.o

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"

They don't? thats silly :o i've always used shield passives to increase static strike DPS all the time o.o

It´s quite confusing, but yeah: everything that adds damage to "melee" won´t affect the projectiles (at least for LS, MS and FB - not sure about static strike).

From gamepedia: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_strike

"
It is important to note that despite the confusing wording of this skill, the projectile portion of this attack in no way scales off the melee portion of the attack - in essence, the Lightning Strike skill does two completely separate things simultaneously, a melee attack (which deals x% of the base damage, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage), and a ranged attack (which shoots projectiles, which deal 75% of the attack damage of the attack each, and of which 50% of the physical damage is converted to lightning damage).

This means that increasing the melee portion of the hit through melee-exclusive means such as Melee Physical Damage will not actually increase the projectile damage; the projectile damage is not "converted melee damage", a common misconception. Do not be deceived by the tooltip DPS of this skill which will change if you apply a melee-exclusive modifier; the tooltip DPS only shows the DPS of the melee portion of the attack and things that modify that, but not the projectile part of the attack.

That said, passive points that grant Increased damage with one-handed melee weapons for example will in fact affect the projectile attack as well if one is using a one-handed weapon, since it is still an attack that is dealt with a melee weapon (though the damage you're dealing is not actually melee damage). However, Increased melee damage with one-handed weapons would only apply to the melee portion of the attack, as it increases melee damage.
Hiii

Skill: I dont know something good aoe not cyclo plz :D
Crit, Elemental, or Phys: phys pref
Which league are you planning to play this build on? (if standard, i can help gear): Talisman sc
What type of weapon will you want to use? e.g.: Dagger, Wand, Sceptre, Mace, Staff, etc: vote for staff! :D
What level are you planning to level this build to? (need to know for point allocation): try for 90 at least! ^^

TY dude!
Hey there, thanks alot for this opportunity! I'm working on a new build and could need some insight. Here's your from:

Skill
Ice Crash

Crit, Elemental, or Phys
Crit

Which league are you planning to play this build on?
Softcore Talisman

What type of weapon will you want to use?
Sword

What level are you planning to level this build to?
Approx. lvl 85-90

This build is supposed to be a revamp of Mathil's 1H Crit Ice Crash Marauder. Here a few things that you should know:
Mathil initially used Maces because the build was intented to use Ground Slam. Since only the main hand weapon is used for Ground Slam he equipped a Soul Taker in his off hand to get rid of his mana needs.
However, Ice Crash does also work with Swords which opens up alot of interesting new passive nodes.

As a reference I've rebuild Mathil's 1H Crit Ice Crash Mace Marauder here.

This is my approach of his build using Swords.

I am not quite pleased with my build yet since it has a few weaknesses. First the considerable low amount of life. Granted, it is supposed to be a softcore build but 145% with basically no options to improve is a little edgy. To make it worse there's technically no defensive mechanism in place. Acrobatics is in reach but I'm at 109 points already. I am happy about the massive increased critical strike chance. But I do miss alot of those sword nodes, and those were the reason why I planned this build in the forst place.

My hope is that you can come up with a improved version that (at least for some part) fixes the listed problems. These are my parameters:

Must have
- At least one AoE cluster. Note: I will test if 10% Increased AoE radius will do the trick. If so, once could possibly skip the entire templar area and simply go for these two 5% nodes from the Scion start.
- Vaal Pact

Good to have
- Lot's of Crit: Disemboweling, Twin Terrors, Fatal Blade, True Strike, Heartseeker, Assassination
- Life and Mana Leech. Note: I don't intent to use Soul Taker as off hand. So I somehow need to fix my mana issues. Spirit Void and Vitality Void seem to be enough.

Last but not least a few words about equipment.

Main Hand
Rare 1H Sword: 8%+ Crit, APS and Phys Damage as high as possible. ULTIMATELY 'Hit's can't be evaded' - I don't think I can aquire such a sword in the near future, so a little bit of Accuracy from the passive would be nice!

Off Hand
BIS would be Death's Hand. However, I plan on fooling around with a 3G Socket Prismatic Eclipse and Relentless Fury.

Helmet
BIS would be Abyssus. If I can't handle the drawback I'd choose Rat's Nest.

Body Armour
BIS would probably be Lightning Coil to deal with Abyssus. Offensive options would be Carcass Jack or Death Oath.

I'm sorry for this wall of text. I don't have any experience about playing melee and my fear is that I will end up with a character that will just completely get destroyed. I tried to think of anything that could blow up this whole build (things like accuracy and mana cost). So yeah, if you have any ideas on how to improve please let me know. It's highly appreciated :)
"
kahzin wrote:
Hey there, thanks alot for this opportunity! I'm working on a new build and could need some insight. Here's your from:

Skill
Ice Crash

Crit, Elemental, or Phys
Crit

Which league are you planning to play this build on?
Softcore Talisman

What type of weapon will you want to use?
Sword

What level are you planning to level this build to?
Approx. lvl 85-90

This build is supposed to be a revamp of Mathil's 1H Crit Ice Crash Marauder. Here a few things that you should know:
Mathil initially used Maces because the build was intented to use Ground Slam. Since only the main hand weapon is used for Ground Slam he equipped a Soul Taker in his off hand to get rid of his mana needs.
However, Ice Crash does also work with Swords which opens up alot of interesting new passive nodes.

As a reference I've rebuild Mathil's 1H Crit Ice Crash Mace Marauder here.

This is my approach of his build using Swords.

I am not quite pleased with my build yet since it has a few weaknesses. First the considerable low amount of life. Granted, it is supposed to be a softcore build but 145% with basically no options to improve is a little edgy. To make it worse there's technically no defensive mechanism in place. Acrobatics is in reach but I'm at 109 points already. I am happy about the massive increased critical strike chance. But I do miss alot of those sword nodes, and those were the reason why I planned this build in the forst place.

My hope is that you can come up with a improved version that (at least for some part) fixes the listed problems. These are my parameters:

Must have
- At least one AoE cluster. Note: I will test if 10% Increased AoE radius will do the trick. If so, once could possibly skip the entire templar area and simply go for these two 5% nodes from the Scion start.
- Vaal Pact

Good to have
- Lot's of Crit: Disemboweling, Twin Terrors, Fatal Blade, True Strike, Heartseeker, Assassination
- Life and Mana Leech. Note: I don't intent to use Soul Taker as off hand. So I somehow need to fix my mana issues. Spirit Void and Vitality Void seem to be enough.

Last but not least a few words about equipment.

Main Hand
Rare 1H Sword: 8%+ Crit, APS and Phys Damage as high as possible. ULTIMATELY 'Hit's can't be evaded' - I don't think I can aquire such a sword in the near future, so a little bit of Accuracy from the passive would be nice!

Off Hand
BIS would be Death's Hand. However, I plan on fooling around with a 3G Socket Prismatic Eclipse and Relentless Fury.

Helmet
BIS would be Abyssus. If I can't handle the drawback I'd choose Rat's Nest.

Body Armour
BIS would probably be Lightning Coil to deal with Abyssus. Offensive options would be Carcass Jack or Death Oath.

I'm sorry for this wall of text. I don't have any experience about playing melee and my fear is that I will end up with a character that will just completely get destroyed. I tried to think of anything that could blow up this whole build (things like accuracy and mana cost). So yeah, if you have any ideas on how to improve please let me know. It's highly appreciated :)

that was quite the read :)

I've improved the build to be have more survivability, not so much damage (because, lets be honest, damage can be scaled easily, Abyssus with 2x diamond rings w/ flat phys and Meginords = GG)

Here is my improved version of the tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOygIZ9hNA5YVuJSgbj3IW9piYEOWMmh0GFaDCfnob55Bh8pK8bOcpLc-X7BLV4cT_gqbtcDjdwfyRdi9wzo64TWSKjimV_6PtfJN43gNwBqpblivd-M26AHcAeeE2RRNG_pHfvxLJd-9NryftixlTRiRpBm-p2BBsKtjcMSCEdWK8FeX6UZDMdrBTP-_1cMzdO3WWFO7WhoFLeCfLIV67wVmbychYJpqdPEY2ymlFHVbr3fXDY1W-nSgh3YV9n8rBqJYdWeg459ieTB8F9wGIEp9AAaNfVFHI_bnVE2SJP3_3g==

If you do not like it, please let me know and ill do some adjustments

as for gear, Carcass Jack would certainly help here, the rest of what you stated (weapons, etc) is fine

6L Setup will be: Ice Crash, Faster Attacks, Crit Multi, Fortify, Ice Bite, Conc Effect

Ice bite will proc frenzy charges, which each now have 4% damage, easier to increase DPS that way :P

I would highly recommend using a thrusting sword for its high atk speed + crit multi implicit.

Auras will be Hatred and Blasphemy Assassins Mark (you may need to get intelligence on gear to help with assassins mark)

That should leave you with sufficient mana to use ice crash effectively

Bandits will be: Oak, Kraityn, Kraityn

since you will have 5 frenzy charges, thats 20% increased damage, aswell as the standard increased attack speed.

If you have any questions, please, let me know :)

bumping coz people said im bad and i should feel bad *shrug*

up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info