Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

"
SkyCore wrote:
I see so much short sightedness on the issue of diversity here.
New shit does indeed offer more diversity. BUT, limiting that new shit on a choice made from the begining of creation does pigeon hole each class thus reducing viable options once that character is created.
Its a simple code change to gain all the benefits of ascendancy without the negative pigeon holing: merely allow any subclass to every class.

How likely you're going to be to create Ranger with Necromancer class? I would guess close to none.
If you have Witch summoner, and Templar summoner that differs by 10 starting points and they you pick Necromancer class, how does these two builds differ from the ones that were before ascendancy? IMHO players themselves pigeon hole into specific choices because they look for efficiency. To get the diversity you're asking you should first remove all the classes except Scion.
"
SkyCore wrote:
I see so much short sightedness on the issue of diversity here.

You're the one being short sighted.

A lot of people raising concerns seem to only be worrying about DPS. "This DPS node isn't available for me, so I'll be worse".

Standard players? They're not really known for making up original and diverse builds anyway
"
Tom7i wrote:
"
bootdisk wrote:
I want to have fun and not to pick the ONLY OPTIMAL option.

So how exactly do the upcoming changes change that?

Until Ascendancy it was like this: "My mara summoner/sword ranger can't do level 70 maps or Atziri, but at least i'm having fun :)"

After Ascendancy it will be like this: "My mara summoner/sword ranger can't do level 70 maps or Atziri, but at least i'm having fun :)"

What a bullshit?

Sword ranger can't do maps? with lots of one-handed nodes close to ranger?
Or ranger/mara with point blank + iron grip is weak?

or maybe templar with elemental bow attacks is weak?
Just listen to ziggy and stop the drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG6bShCdADk
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
Just listen to ziggy and stop the drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG6bShCdADk

Very valid points.
Really Hyped like i was for awakening ( even more this time !! ).
A good boost for build diversity finaly !
I'm 50/50 about the trap part i mean that's cool ok good but if there are too many of them i think it may end to be boring on the mid run.

Only thing i hope is this time you won't rush the date and take all the time needed to fix really important problems, avoiding this way a drama launch like it has been for awakening. Early 2016 ? mid 2016 ? 2017 ? i don't mind as long it's clean.

Good luck and great job again !
Hf :)
When there's a change coming, there's always drama. I think that build diversity can only increase with these subclasses. Anyway we'll have to see how it works out, no point in crying about it.
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
just a question, as a shadow character cannot choose ranger,duelist sub-classes?
So I can't have a witch character with permanent Fortitude.. Why not?
Wouldn't that open up a lot of more interesting builds?

Some build diversity...
"
cherrysbullet wrote:
just a question, as a shadow character cannot choose ranger,duelist sub-classes?

With currently available information - no.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info