Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

♥ ♥ ♥

Dungeons! Traps! PoE!
/phantasmagoria :)))
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I mean why are you picking a marauder for a caster instead of a witch?...

Hey... nice BIG feedback post Snorkle_uk. Just a word on this snippet... I choose the Marauder for most builds I wanna try NOT because his start on the tree, rather just because I like the exile model.
I like looking like a big brute - when I may in fact be a summoner or a glass cannon crit wander. I don't wanna be the skinny white chick, or the old guy who really needs to buy a pair of pants etc. I wanna be the big brute model. So I go him and try my best to reach across the tree as efficiently as possible.
"The key to winning any fight is simply staying alive."
Hi , i stoped the game 3 months ago for some reasons, the 2.0 with the jewel system was rly fine , a good way to improve the diversity and the complexity of build and that's the way poe is beter than other RPG but i felt like the end game content is breathless that's the only bad point of poe . With this extension , i feel rly exited and i can't wait to try this so i'm back in the game i guess. I readed all the previous reply and i must agree that your class system is a bit in the other way as what makes poe succes. The class system is good but you have to do something to save the diversity. It's just an example but imagine , i want to build an opti Summoner, what choice do i have ? Can i stil make a marauder,scion or templar ? NO. I know some people will say , you can make a summoner as duelist with perma fortify but guys, you and i know that if you want the perfect summoner build , you will take summoner class who means REDUCE diversity option. and it's just 1 example , there are many others ..
GGG you just have to remember complexity and diversity , that's your succes. Keep your eyes on that way and thx for all your work. If i can give you an advice , ascendary class should be more common or not attached to a spécific character and in that way more balanced then. Now you just have to find some alternative as maping for your end game content and you game will become a "godlike" game.

Sry for my english, hope you like my opinions.
Soul
Looks really great :D keep up the good work!!!
Choo, Choo Mothertrucker
Chris stahp please. I can only masturbate so much.
Given that POE is amazing because of the diversity of build types have to hope that the Ascendancy classes are not paired with what class you start as. Based on the articles it looks like they are. That would suck and put it on par with how diablo pigeon holed classes. Chris hope you guys keep this wide open. Would make the game a lot more fun.
Since .92
"
Soul22 wrote:
Hi , i stoped the game 3 months ago for some reasons, the 2.0 with the jewel system was rly fine , a good way to improve the diversity and the complexity of build and that's the way poe is beter than other RPG but i felt like the end game content is breathless that's the only bad point of poe . With this extension , i feel rly exited and i can't wait to try this so i'm back in the game i guess. I readed all the previous reply and i must agree that your class system is a bit in the other way as what makes poe succes. The class system is good but you have to do something to save the diversity. It's just an example but imagine , i want to build an opti Summoner, what choice do i have ? Can i stil make a marauder,scion or templar ? NO. I know some people will say , you can make a summoner as duelist with perma fortify but guys, you and i know that if you want the perfect summoner build , you will take summoner class who means REDUCE diversity option. and it's just 1 example , there are many others ..
GGG you just have to remember complexity and diversity , that's your succes. Keep your eyes on that way and thx for all your work. If i can give you an advice , ascendary class should be more common or not attached to a spécific character and in that way more balanced then. Now you just have to find some alternative as maping for your end game content and you game will become a "godlike" game.

Soul

I understand your point but that has always happened.

Why would you go duelist cyclone if marauder cyclone was better? Why go duelist summoner if witch summoner was better? The game was always like that, and ascendancy classes give something "unique" to certain classes which certainly adds more choices.
"
ExoduSS_ wrote:
"
Soul22 wrote:

Soul

I understand your point but that has always happened.

Why would you go duelist cyclone if marauder cyclone was better? Why go duelist summoner if witch summoner was better? The game was always like that, and ascendancy classes give something "unique" to certain classes which certainly adds more choices.

For example bow Shadow and bow Ranger are similar (Ranger has better starting nodes I guess (more %hp)) but they are essentially the same. Now, with ascendancy you can change them quite a bit. You can go ranged frenzy charge (the frenzy ranger dude I don't remember the name xd) or you can go ranger deadeye or even shadow assassin (the one with lots of crit). AND they all make powerful bow builds.

Sure witch summoner is better than everything else now, but it always was. It was like shooting yourself in the foot if you DIDN'T go SRS witch or scion

sry double post >.<
Last edited by ExoduSS_ on Nov 21, 2015, 8:22:20 PM
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
MasterBLB wrote:
For those complaining about ascendancy subclasses,and yelling ex non-witch summoners will extinct - that is BULLSHIT.
Look how it is now - can you make a necromancer based on any class?Yes,you can,as you have access to skills and passive tree.The only difference is how much you have to travel across the tree to get needed nodes.
So,in fact the best suited for being necromancers are Witch and Templar,next Scion,then Marauder and Shadow and the last Ranger and Duelist.Adding ascendancy class Necromancer for Witch doesn't change the above,only makes these alignments stronger - but not prevents to go 'off the road'.And don't forget these non-Witch characters will have own ascendancy classes,ex Duelist with permanent Fortify.Wouldn't that be nice for rather squishy summoner,huh?
And what you say about Ranger summoner which uses Blink and Mirror Arrow with Powerful Precision and Endless Munitions.Would that be weak?I don't think so.

Since I started play PoE in closed beta I had awkward feeling 'ehh,there are in fact no true character classes in PoE'.That is now going to change,and the way they are going to do so is amazing.GGG devs,you are just masters of Hack'n'Slash genre.

I'm afraid however about power of these classes.Permanent fortify?Projectiles gain +100% pierce and critical strike chance at the start of travel?100% block chance applied to spells?40% more damage to rare and unique monsters?OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT IS JUST SICK!

I think you are missing a key point, I am mad because if witch only has access to the summoner new tree then any other non witch summoner will be weaker....because I bet you 100000000000$ they adjust the old tree because of the new tree, making there benefits cancel each other out...they are not just going to let us grow in power by a great deal, they just aren't that generous...they have proved that time and time again with the constant nerf'age, which forces us into the class to play a summoner.

How is that any different from the present state of the game where being a Scion is the best for ANY build because of jewels??? These changes in fact offer more diversity because now you have to choose between Nercomancer Ascendancy or Scion jewels and her yet unknown ascendancy.The backseat Devs and haters just in general regarding the upcoming changes is astounding...
Last edited by Shosai on Nov 21, 2015, 8:24:08 PM
Scion was never the best for every build.

She was only best for difficult-to-invest builds that either didn't have a lot of nodes or had to cross the tree. Some classes are 'better' than her at those builds by virtue of the jewels being cheaper and more powerful rather than needing multiple very expensive jewels, eg witch and chaos damage.

I pick off classes or scions a lot, because I am bored with general classes (eg. caster witch, crit shadow, bow ranger).

The people complaining about build diversity as a result of ascendancy classes are people who googled their build and chose something other than the default class for a specific reason. For example, they chose a pre-made SRS scion build, because they didn't want to play ES or EB.

Bow duelists that use staff crit nodes to generate charges still work. With the exception you also get free fortify now - with a PB bow user.
Ranger FPers still work, with the exception that you can now gain extra crit based on arrow pierce.

It was previously a struggle to come up with fresh ideas after playing for so long. It took a long lot of thinking, or a big piece of inspiration. You don't need that now

Is anyone going to name a class they played previously that doesn't work at all anymore?

If you can't I will keep calling your salt.

Keep crying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info