Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

"
Shosai wrote:
"
justinmm1988 wrote:
"
MasterBLB wrote:
For those complaining about ascendancy subclasses,and yelling ex non-witch summoners will extinct - that is BULLSHIT.
Look how it is now - can you make a necromancer based on any class?Yes,you can,as you have access to skills and passive tree.The only difference is how much you have to travel across the tree to get needed nodes.
So,in fact the best suited for being necromancers are Witch and Templar,next Scion,then Marauder and Shadow and the last Ranger and Duelist.Adding ascendancy class Necromancer for Witch doesn't change the above,only makes these alignments stronger - but not prevents to go 'off the road'.And don't forget these non-Witch characters will have own ascendancy classes,ex Duelist with permanent Fortify.Wouldn't that be nice for rather squishy summoner,huh?
And what you say about Ranger summoner which uses Blink and Mirror Arrow with Powerful Precision and Endless Munitions.Would that be weak?I don't think so.

Since I started play PoE in closed beta I had awkward feeling 'ehh,there are in fact no true character classes in PoE'.That is now going to change,and the way they are going to do so is amazing.GGG devs,you are just masters of Hack'n'Slash genre.

I'm afraid however about power of these classes.Permanent fortify?Projectiles gain +100% pierce and critical strike chance at the start of travel?100% block chance applied to spells?40% more damage to rare and unique monsters?OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT IS JUST SICK!

I think you are missing a key point, I am mad because if witch only has access to the summoner new tree then any other non witch summoner will be weaker....because I bet you 100000000000$ they adjust the old tree because of the new tree, making there benefits cancel each other out...they are not just going to let us grow in power by a great deal, they just aren't that generous...they have proved that time and time again with the constant nerf'age, which forces us into the class to play a summoner.

How is that any different from the present state of the game where being a Scion is the best for ANY build because of jewels??? These changes in fact offer more diversity because now you have to choose between Nercomancer Ascendancy or Scion jewels and her yet unknown ascendancy.The backseat Devs and haters just in general regarding the upcoming changes is astounding...

WHAT?!!! lol...I took my classic summoner, and transformed her into my SRS...Scion is benched, and SAME amount of jewels...Sure Scion is if you want all those stats, but 9/10 those wasted points to get to those jewels are not even close to worth it!

I am pissed because all my classes will have to be switched, or remade...completely...like delete and start fresh..

Scion SRS > replaced by Witch Classic summoner "Scion benched"

Witch Classic summoner > Taking over my Witch CoC'r, unless one of the trees just happens to be a fit .
Witch CoC'r > more than likely new character, unless one of the trees happens to fit in with CoC, either way I will need to make either a new Witch Classic Summoner, or a new CoC'r on shadow or something.

See...pain in the ass, BS....for all of us that have 90+ chars, and many of them...some getting moved to another chars, some will get benched entirely...all because they just now, years down the freaking road finally realized the game lacked class identity...something I realized in my first day of playing! I wouldn't be pissed if they offered a class change, but I don't even think that have that kind of tech available.

And people saying "well you don't have to change" that is only true if the new tree offers something that benefits the build you just happen to have a class on, otherwise you do have to change...why on earth would I want to be summoner B when summoner A is doing 25k more dps?! And thats if they don't mess with the passive tree, resulting in us still having to change but instead of a gain it would be to get back what we once had. Cause I am betting 1 of 3 things happen! They will either nerf the passive tree to cancel out the effects of the new tree, to keep us where we are dps/defensive wise. Or adjust abilities to cancel out the new tree. Or raise mobs hp/dps to cancel out the new tree. They just aren't going to let us steam roll even more than a lot of us already do! SO YEAH, you have to change if the new tree doesn't fit you're build, its stupid not too...otherwise you won't be at maximum potential...and to me that is freaking stupid!
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Nov 21, 2015, 10:02:45 PM
I wonder how many people intend on using that unique bow shown for next year to make a small militia of siege ballista. Stack dat dex and get wrecked son.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
wow. PoE getting so much coverage now. Im excited.
"
justinmm1988 wrote:

WHAT?!!! lol...I took my classic summoner, and transformed her into my SRS...Scion is benched, and SAME amount of jewels...Sure Scion is if you want all those stats, but 9/10 those wasted points to get to those jewels are not even close to worth it!

I am pissed because all my classes will have to be switched, or remade...completely...like delete and start fresh..

Scion SRS > replaced by Witch Classic summoner "Scion benched"

Witch Classic summoner > Taking over my Witch CoC'r, unless one of the trees just happens to be a fit .
Witch CoC'r > more than likely new character, unless one of the trees happens to fit in with CoC, either way I will need to make either a new Witch Classic Summoner, or a new CoC'r on shadow or something.

See...pain in the ass, BS....for all of us that have 90+ chars, and many of them...some getting moved to another chars, some will get benched entirely...all because they just now, years down the freaking road finally realized the game lacked class identity...something I realized in my first day of playing! I wouldn't be pissed if they offered a class change, but I don't even think that have that kind of tech available.

And people saying "well you don't have to change" that is only true if the new tree offers something that benefits the build you just happen to have a class on, otherwise you do have to change...why on earth would I want to be summoner B when summoner A is doing 25k more dps?! And thats if they don't mess with the passive tree, resulting in us still having to change but instead of a gain it would be to get back what we once had. Cause I am betting 1 of 3 things happen! They will either nerf the passive tree to cancel out the effects of the new tree, to keep us where we are dps/defensive wise. Or adjust abilities to cancel out the new tree. Or raise mobs hp/dps to cancel out the new tree. They just aren't going to let us steam roll even more than a lot of us already do! SO YEAH, you have to change if the new tree doesn't fit you're build, its stupid not too...otherwise you won't be at maximum potential...and to me that is freaking stupid!

So far GGG has probably shown us something like only 20% of the changes the are going to make so why don't you chill, relax and wait for them to reveal it all and then you can decide whether you need to make new characters? From what you wrote it seems like you only want to play those OP top 1% damage builds who kill end game bosses in 2 hits and you won't be happy if they do so in 3 hits. That makes you probably the top 5% of players who even get to that far in the game while most other people get to low maps and can't progress anymore. There is a bigger picture here and GGG wouldn't be making these changes if they didn't fulfil a direction they want to take the game towards to. Also most people will probably play the leagues i.e. make new characters wow what a surprise, good thing you can't transfer your lvl 99 witch to a new league cause you would scrap her anyway. lol
"
Raghin wrote:
I wonder how many people intend on using that unique bow shown for next year to make a small militia of siege ballista. Stack dat dex and get wrecked son.

Seems pretty sweet tbh. Like iron will for dex
Saying there's 19 new classes is more than a little misleading...

Why not allow any of the base classes be able to choose any of the 19 Ascendancy sub classes? Now that would help build diversity.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Chameleon wrote:
Why not allow any of the base classes be able to choose any of the 19 Ascendancy sub classes? Now that would help build diversity.

Sounds like a good way to make every class play exactly the same again, and make it so there's no actual off-classing.
They should have exclusive sub class for each class and also sub class which can be picked by all the classes. This will really help in diversity too.

Anyway good stuff coming next year.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
"
Chameleon wrote:
Saying there's 19 new classes is more than a little misleading...

Let's think about it. Let's say you have a build A, that you can achieve by picking either Witch or Templar. Because key part of the build is the same and both classes is relatively close to each other, you will most likely pick one over the other because of somewhat marginal difference, but in a sense build remains the same.
Now, let's add ascendancy. So now instead of having two classes with the same base build you have two or more twists depending on your class and not just that marginal difference.
Does that sound like a diversity kill?
Unless ascendancy will be very limited, which we don't know yet, I would not agree that it kills diversity in any way.

P.S. Just because you think that you will not have access to specific ascendancy that directly support your choice of skills, it doesn't mean that your build will not benefit from available ascendancies.
Last edited by laminarija on Nov 22, 2015, 2:35:05 AM
I see so much short sightedness on the issue of diversity here.
New shit does indeed offer more diversity. BUT, limiting that new shit on a choice made from the begining of creation does pigeon hole each class thus reducing viable options once that character is created.
Its a simple code change to gain all the benefits of ascendancy without the negative pigeon holing: merely allow any subclass to every class.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info