Path of Exile: Ascendancy (News Coverage)

"
SerahWint wrote:
So I can't have a witch character with permanent Fortitude.. Why not?
Wouldn't that open up a lot of more interesting builds?

Some build diversity...

The question is for what reason do you need Fortify? If you say "for a new build", I would wonder why you can't achieve that "new build" with Fortify gem. If you're just looking for a more survivability, I would ask why have you already assumed that Witch will not have something available to her, or that existing Necromancer class doesn't grant you any of that?
"
wftico wrote:
Oh boy, am I going to play a "avoid the trap" game now instead of hack n slay? :(

The only 2 things that sounds good for me are the new ascendancy classes (good job)
& the enchants. In the end it remembers me of the rifts in diablo III (just the
part where you compete with others [time in this case] and the enchants you can
do at the end). Which is a good thing.

But the trap thing bothers me alot. Like, why? :(
I want to slay monsters and not care about avoiding stupid ass traps. :/

No hype for me!

100% Agree!

I am not hyped, but its ok. PoE is a very good Game, but this Trap Thing looks very boring.
I want to slay Monsters too and dont want Trap Dungeon Content.^^
Project TP making a solid argument against locking classes like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0PnGD54Hds

Ps: Is there a way to embed videos on these forums? Tried to find some information on it, but its hard to get at.
thing which bothers me: will you be able to revert your decision for these new ascendency skill points or the selection of a sub class with regret orbs or ingame purchases?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 22, 2015, 7:31:24 AM
"
laminarija wrote:
"
SerahWint wrote:

Some build diversity...

The question is for what reason do you need Fortify? If you say "for a new build", I would wonder why you can't achieve that "new build" with Fortify gem. If you're just looking for a more survivability, I would ask why have you already assumed that Witch will not have something available to her, or that existing Necromancer class doesn't grant you any of that?

Because I want to play a more tanky caster. And applying Fortify is tricky if you play that way?
I see your counterargument. But ultimately I still don't see why I can't have it on a witch. Do you?
"
vio wrote:
thing which bothers me: will you be able to revert your decision for these new ascendency skill points or the selection of a sub class with regret orbs or ingame purchases?

Regret orbs works, confirmed

"
laminarija wrote:
"
SerahWint wrote:

Some build diversity...

Because I want to play a more tanky caster. And applying Fortify is tricky if you play that way?
I see your counterargument. But ultimately I still don't see why I can't have it on a witch. Do you?

I do. If you need to improve survivability, you don't necessarily need Fortify. Instead of picking more damage nodes, just pick more defensive nodes and use Ascendancy class to boost your damage with fever points instead.
We can cherry pick examples whole day long but in the end you still get more builds and not less.

I found that Ziggys arguments/examples were way more reasonable than PTs who was simply loosing his mind over Assassin class :D

"
I do. If you need to improve survivability, you don't necessarily need Fortify. Instead of picking more damage nodes, just pick more defensive nodes and use Ascendancy class to boost your damage with fever points instead.
We can cherry pick examples whole day long but in the end you still get more builds and not less.

I found that Ziggys arguments/examples were way more reasonable than PTs who was simply loosing his mind over Assassin class :D

And if I had access to all new classes I would have even more build diversity... See my point now?

I don't get at all why all this is so very hard to grasp. Can you fill me in?
And yea, even Ziggy missed the point... The game is going to get balanced around these new abilities.
Honestly I just begin to play HC and like it, but did you really think that I want to die because I stay less than one second on spiked trap ?
This is seriously not fun, not heroic to die in HC just because you encounter a lag spike or your isp just jaunt for a second ?
I accept to die when I fight for my life, but this is an entirely diferent game where you risk to die on each step/misstep on an online game ?.. Obviously Ascension seem very interesting from a SC perpectiva, but seem absolutely not designed with HC in mind...

I hope it's not that, but I really fear that it ll be the end of HC that was sufficiently deadly already.

Feeling about that HC people ?
... nothing
I only play HC and yes, thats a really big Point... die to a trap for me its very boring...

For me, the Trap Dungeons only good for Atziri Farmer to have new Content/Challenge, but for the 0815 League/Season Farmer skip that Content, when possible in HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info