Ascendancy Classes

Omg class system like Diablo. Cool stuff.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Mother fuckin' subclasses!
7 classes, 19 subclasses (3 for each except 1 for scion).
Get up to 6 subclass skill points by doing Labyrinth (2 in each of norm, cruel, merc).

This is going to be awesome. Not quite sure how GGG is going to balance this amount of new player power against the environment, but... now characters are going to be quintessentially different aside from their gear.

Either players are going to wreck mobs or mobs are going to wreck players, but it should be a fun month+ to hammer out _just_ the subclass content.
"
Barivius wrote:
I am not expecting these to be balanced on launch. I am expecting these to be fun on launch.

I do agree, they look very fun and strong at the moment, but you have to realize that it's TWO major patches away. Who knows what kind of balance changes are going to made between now and then.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Nick42 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Some of them have the tool tips shown. It looks to me like they're going to make characters too strong. Perhaps they'll make it available only to characters that are already too strong and just make them stronger... dunno. There's a node on the necromancer tree that gives +100 damage to specters.

Yeah, power creep always makes me nervous.
Perhaps GGG will make everything in the labyrinth insanely difficult to compensate for this. Would be a shame if this made the rest of the game irrelevant and easy because of this though.

Great... so only characters that can already trivialize existing content are made stronger. What a great plan.
Overall I think these Ascendancy Classes look pretty sweet, but I'm worried they may actually reduce the variety of builds as certain types of play will be pigeon-holed into specific starting classes.

For instance, one of my current favorite characters is a Marauder summoner. But the Necromancer class, which would be a perfect progression, looks to be limited to the Witch. Looks like my Marauder's out of luck.
- here's my sig
"
Nick42 wrote:
"
garbage like, ..... permanent fortify.

I suppose it could help a build that was out of skill gem sockets, or had some unique movement skill set up that didn't allow fortify to work with it. But still, even if it looks marginally useful, the other bonuses available just blow it out of the water.

Permanent super-charged Fortify on a Ranged character seems pretty strong to me.

"
For instance, one of my current favorite characters is a Marauder summoner. But the Necromancer class, which would be a perfect progression, looks to be limited to the Witch. Looks like my Marauder's out of luck.

Some of these ascendancy classes are surprisingly versatile (for example, the "summoner" ascendancy on the witch has stuff that would be very useful even if you have no minions). I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Marauder ascendancy with good support-oriented abilities that would be perfect for a summoner.
Last edited by rdespair on Nov 20, 2015, 4:36:10 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Nick42 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Some of them have the tool tips shown. It looks to me like they're going to make characters too strong. Perhaps they'll make it available only to characters that are already too strong and just make them stronger... dunno. There's a node on the necromancer tree that gives +100 damage to specters.

Yeah, power creep always makes me nervous.
Perhaps GGG will make everything in the labyrinth insanely difficult to compensate for this. Would be a shame if this made the rest of the game irrelevant and easy because of this though.

Great... so only characters that can already trivialize existing content are made stronger. What a great plan.

Suddenly the difficultly of act 4 makes sense! :p
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Excited about the Necromancer ascendancy class for the Witch. Going to be a nice boost to minions.
"
rdespair wrote:

"

Some of these ascendancy classes are surprisingly versatile (for example, the "summoner" ascendancy on the witch has stuff that would be very useful even if you have no minions). I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Marauder ascendancy with good support-oriented abilities that would be perfect for a summoner.

Let's hope... But I'm not gonna hold my breath.
- here's my sig
"
Hlifhildr wrote:
Excited about the Necromancer ascendancy class for the Witch. Going to be a nice boost to minions.

I don't know how it's useful. I can literally afk 90% of the contents in PoE on my summoner already...

How much easier would PoE get?
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info