Ascendancy Classes

"
macexor wrote:
What about getting Impact AND using Melee Splash?

I would guess, that these two won't stack, because it's the same effect.
Stupid question: Is Ascendancy a league or a expension? Are ascendancy classes only for characters in the ascendancy league or for every character?
It's an expansion, the temp league(s) for Ascendancy's release haven't been revealed yet.
if the skills and tree were the same and only subclasses added fortify poison arrow duelist would be the best build right now
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's an expansion, the temp league(s) for Ascendancy's release haven't been revealed yet.

So will the ascendancy classes will be available in standard?
Last edited by willeke on Nov 29, 2015, 9:00:04 PM
"
willeke wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

So will the ascendancy classes will be available in standard?

Yes, everything except for the league-specific mods(which haven't been revealed yet for that league) are always available in standard right away.
It seems to me that all the ascendencies increase offensive or mechanical capabilities, as opposed to defensive (with a few exceptions). This being the case, I don't see why people think the game will be too easy now, even if they did nothing to balance it. If I die, I die to 1 shots. I already don't have a problem dealing damage, it's staying alive that's the difficult bit. Since all the new skills just give you new ways to kill shit, it sounds like tons more fun, but not really that much "better" in the grand scheme of things. Just increase monster life 10-20%, and let us have our fun making wacky, creative new builds (dat max block witch is looking sooo goooood to me).
"
Kroughfire wrote:
It seems to me that all the ascendencies increase offensive or mechanical capabilities, as opposed to defensive (with a few exceptions). This being the case, I don't see why people think the game will be too easy now, even if they did nothing to balance it. If I die, I die to 1 shots. I already don't have a problem dealing damage, it's staying alive that's the difficult bit. Since all the new skills just give you new ways to kill shit, it sounds like tons more fun, but not really that much "better" in the grand scheme of things. Just increase monster life 10-20%, and let us have our fun making wacky, creative new builds (dat max block witch is looking sooo goooood to me).

There's still a lot more left that we haven't seen yet and at least some of the ones we have seen already are defensive. There could be a lot more being added. In any case, especially in PoE, sometimes the best defense is a good offense. The faster you kill everything else, the less chance it will have to one-shot you.
"
Kroughfire wrote:

say hello to my poison arrow duelist with fortify
I mentioned a few exceptions (mostly looking at the fortify and block duelist, and the marauder). ;)

But you're right, there are a lot of options we still haven't seen. From what was revealed, it simply looks to me like there are many more offensive options (though, the ability for archers to get fortify does change a bit... but I feel it is only really great for Poison arrow, because the Deadeye Ascention seems waaaay too tempting to pass up for a normal LA/SA archer). But, you get more options with the new classes, which I will enjoy tremendously. I just wanted to state that I really don't want any monster damage increases to counter-balance the new classes, cause if you're playing a shadow or ranger (from what we've seen), there are only a few if any minor extra defensive nodes, and it's already hard enough traveling the passive tree to find more life as those two classes. Packs of monsters however (especially white and blue ones) could certainly use a life boost however. They just die too damn fast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info