Ascendancy Classes

Slayer, Gladiator and Champion.
You gain 2 ascendancy points the first time you complete the labyrinth in each difficulty level.

Any speculations as to what these do?

I'm thinking they are sort of like bandit rewards, and permanently affect your character.

Any other thoughts?

edit: found some more info on the official site:
http://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes
time for some reading!
Legacy SC IGN: Octora
Standard SC IGN: Octyte
Last edited by Nick42 on Nov 20, 2015, 3:18:12 PM
So there are 3 Ascendancy Classes for each Character Class.

So far announced:

Duelist
Slayer - Stun, life leech, and splash damage
Gladiator - Shields, bleed, and frenzy/endurance charge generation
Champion - Armor/evasion, fortify buff, and taunt

Shadow
Assassin - Power charges, poison, bleed, chaos damage
Saboteur - Traps, mines, blinds, and smoke clouds
?

Marauder
Juggernaut - Damage reduction (armor/endurance charges), accuracy, movement speed
?
?

Witch
Necromancer - Minion buffing, skill duration, auras, and chaos damage
?
?

Ranger
Deadeye - Crit, pierce, chain, and additional arrow added to bow skills.
Raider - Specializes in killings things quickly. Bonuses include "on-kill" effects and frenzy charge generation.
?

Templar
Inquisitor - Spell/attack damage, cast/attack speed, elemental resistance penetration, consecrated ground, crit chance
?
?

Scion
?

Seems odd the Scion only has one class to be announced. Perhaps this one class has more paths/branches than the others?

edit: updated with newly released classes
Last edited by Nick42 on Nov 23, 2015, 11:08:18 AM
Some of them have the tool tips shown. It looks to me like they're going to make characters too strong. Perhaps they'll make it available only to characters that are already too strong and just make them stronger... dunno. There's a node on the necromancer tree that gives +100 damage to specters.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Some of them have the tool tips shown. It looks to me like they're going to make characters too strong. Perhaps they'll make it available only to characters that are already too strong and just make them stronger... dunno. There's a node on the necromancer tree that gives +100 damage to specters.

Yeah, power creep always makes me nervous.
Perhaps GGG will make everything in the labyrinth insanely difficult to compensate for this. Would be a shame if this made the rest of the game irrelevant and easy because of this though.
Last edited by Nick42 on Nov 20, 2015, 3:46:56 PM
some of the boni you can get are incredibly broken. free 100% of block applied to spells. extra arrow with more damage the further the projectile travels.

and then you have garbage like, guaranteed stun on full life targets, and stun duration, increased damage against rares uniques, and permanent fortify.
Mhh prestige classes in POE? I guess some form of alternative advancement is needed after all these years, as long as it leads to more customization, not less.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
garbage like, ..... permanent fortify.

I suppose it could help a build that was out of skill gem sockets, or had some unique movement skill set up that didn't allow fortify to work with it. But still, even if it looks marginally useful, the other bonuses available just blow it out of the water.

I wonder if we will be able to do a hybrid spec with multiple classes or if we are stuck to choosing just a single one?
Last edited by Nick42 on Nov 20, 2015, 4:00:50 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:12:25 PM
I am not expecting these to be balanced on launch. I am expecting these to be fun on launch.
labyrinth
- backtracking ResidentSleeper
- I will have to do normal (lvl 30) zone labyrinth to get mod on gloves?
- whirling blades OP

"
and then you have garbage like, guaranteed stun on full life targets, and stun duration, increased damage against rares uniques, and permanent fortify.

stun garbage? perma fortify garbage? U w0t m8?

also: INB4 path notes: monster life and damage +200%
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 20, 2015, 4:18:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info