Predict the nerfs!

Whatever is popular on youtube. They monitor it and nerf. dont see them buffing the bottom 10 skills just nerfing the best ones. how many sparker, ice nova builds are really out there? If they want to nerf fine for every top build you nerf then buff a bottom build, simple concept huh. No its nerf nerf, make people angry and leave, lose income from MTX, freak and hold sales and make stuff drop more till they nerf again.
Is 1 nerf then 1 buff of a build/skill really that hard for them to do?
MY SHOP THREAD 485102
"
Kunaak wrote:
I think this might be over reacting in alot of cases.

some builds, and skills and such - have to be powerful.... otherwise, WTF are we playing for if every build is just a happy medium of mediocre?

what I truely dont want to see is over nerfing skills that were previously worthless - back down to worthless. like Poison arrow was just a leveling gem early in the game - it was useless endgame, cause it did almost no real damage - then they buffed it, and then it got decent enough to be comparable to tornado shot and split arrow and such. thats a good thing. more skills need to be viable again - not just 2-3. I want to see other gems get real buffs, like puncture or elemental arrow. Not just GGG going... "well, PA is powerful, time to make it junk again, so they swap to this new gem we are introducing".

I want to see a wider variety of gems be powerful, like what happened to spectral throw? wheres infernal blow? why isnt anyone hyped on flame surge? why does spark HAVE to be awful? why does elemental hit still have no animation?

these are the kinda things I want to see addressed - not just "well, they seem to be playing alot of cyclone builds these days - lets just wipe that build out of the game".

this a hundred of time, less nerfing and more buffing

I think cyclone is at the right spot , problem is the other skill arent ! should we nerf it ? no ! buff other one !!!!!
"
Kunaak wrote:
I think this might be over reacting in alot of cases.

some builds, and skills and such - have to be powerful.... otherwise, WTF are we playing for if every build is just a happy medium of mediocre?

what I truely dont want to see is over nerfing skills that were previously worthless - back down to worthless. like Poison arrow was just a leveling gem early in the game - it was useless endgame, cause it did almost no real damage - then they buffed it, and then it got decent enough to be comparable to tornado shot and split arrow and such. thats a good thing. more skills need to be viable again - not just 2-3. I want to see other gems get real buffs, like puncture or elemental arrow. Not just GGG going... "well, PA is powerful, time to make it junk again, so they swap to this new gem we are introducing".

I want to see a wider variety of gems be powerful, like what happened to spectral throw? wheres infernal blow? why isnt anyone hyped on flame surge? why does spark HAVE to be awful? why does elemental hit still have no animation?

these are the kinda things I want to see addressed - not just "well, they seem to be playing alot of cyclone builds these days - lets just wipe that build out of the game".

This!

Instead of killing a popular build, give us alternatives. Unless a build is so Op he breaks the whole game, leave it be and buff other talents/gems ect so they are an alternative. It annoys me if they nerf stuff just because it gets played alot or they don't like the way it get played.

Just bring us good alternatives then.

The reason you are seeing more nerf than buffs is that they constantly need to dangle a fat carrot in front of players who play all day to keep them interested. So they have to invent some new skills, support gems or talismans that replace already existing stuff and are more powerful. Power creep begins.

On top of that players are more experienced now. You know how to progress, where to farm, which resistances to max in which area, how to tackle certain bosses, which skills allows you to level quicker than your final build, how to spend your orbs... And GGG needs to give them new toys to play with in each major update.

How else are you going to keep the power creep somewhat in check if not by nerfing the last bunch of FotMs?
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Last edited by Col_Jessep on Nov 14, 2015, 5:26:25 PM
"
Vincendra wrote:
I think (read: my opinion) why cyclone is considered "meta" is, because it is the only skill which deals damage while moving, while every other skill forces you to stand still

I disagree, I find cyclone's clear speed far inferior to other pseudo-melee skills (cleave, reave, wild strike etc), I think it's due to free stun immunity, which makes a huge difference in melee builds.

Cyclone's two attacks also doubles the effectiveness of LGoH which is a massive bonus as you swap the gem in for boss kills
[2.2] Varunastra/Prismatic Eclipse DW Beserker /forum/view-thread/1604711
[2.2] Drunken Wretch - (Gladiator with The Retch + Broken Faith) /forum/view-thread/1656234
"
lourun_coria wrote:
Cyclone is not that good when you bump into a rock(or another decoration item) and you cant move for almost a second... Then you are being striked for dozens of mobs :)

I hope they nerf rock
Based on the screenshot of the shadow passive node area, I predict lower crit for crit builds (I doubt those 3 nodes there now combined will give as much as before) and fewer ES nodes for ES builds.

My silly strong crit ranger that's capped won't care, but my poor caster will probably care quite a bit. I'd like to not have ES casters getting fucked by tree changes YET AGAIN. It's not enough that ES casters get molested by stuns or be forced to use that stupid god damn unique amulet?
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
Last edited by idiocyincarnate on Nov 16, 2015, 3:18:20 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:10:58 PM
"
Based on the screenshot of the shadow passive node area, I predict lower crit for crit builds (I doubt those 3 nodes there now combined will give as much as before) and fewer ES nodes for ES builds.

My silly strong crit ranger that's capped won't care, but my poor caster will probably care quite a bit. I'd like to not have ES casters getting fucked by tree changes YET AGAIN. It's not enough that ES casters get molested by stuns or be forced to use that stupid god damn unique amulet?

Where can i see these screenshots?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

Where can i see these screenshots?

There is a little portion of the revised shadow passive tree visible in the talisman update post.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

next to "revised balance changes"
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Nov 16, 2015, 4:09:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info