Thanks for a great game GGG, hoping to reach 100 in next few months before I die (for real)

I don't have much, but I rarely play standard other than testing, and would love to give you any currency/items you need to gear for the final push. Just PM me, and I'll send stuff your way. It would mean a lot if you would take me up on the offer, and let me be part of something good.

Good luck with everything, and I hope your life has been full of joys and laughs.

gg

"
WizzoPOE wrote:
Since I was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago I have played POE a lot. A hell of a lot. I Have several characters in the high 80s and 3 in the 90s.

Last week I was given the bad news that my condition is now terminal and I only have a few months left. So soon I will really be a "no lifer". I have set a goal to get my best character to level 100 before I go. He is an incinerate marauder currently at level 90.

Obviously I don't know how long I have left and getting a character to level 100 (softcore) is not exactly going to be top of most people's bucket list but I have played video games for 40 years now (Im 61) and that's what I wish to do.

I would just like to thank GGG for this great game. It has given me a lot of pleasure over the years.

Wish me luck in my quest for 100 !

go get it mate.
I wish you and your family members the best over the next few months. Keeping a great attitude and doing what you enjoy doing, exactly how you want to do it is a great way to spend your time left.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Most of the time it seems those that have a limited amount of time are living their life better than those with naturally long rates.

Stay inspired. That's what living is about. Taking your heart on a wild ride. Just do it.
And She said forth unto the stars, "Love, High Priestess".
Love, High Priestess in English Gematria Equals: 1296
72 + 90 + 132 + 30 + 48 + 54 + 42 + 48 + 96 + 108 + 54 + 30 + 114 + 120 + 30 + 114 + 114 = 1296
L + o + v + e + H + i + g + h + P + r + i + e + s + t + e + s + s
G = 1296
good luck!
Thank you so much for all your kind replies. And special thanks to you Chris.

If you won't take offense I think that I will leave your offer of support for the moment and see how far I can progress in the next month or so, I have played the game solo for all this time and if I can reach 100 unassisted then it will be all the sweeter.

I will let people know of my progress in that regard.

The situation I am in effects people in different ways. I want to get to 100 and I was just reading about an avid Star Wars fan in the US who has been given an advance screening of the new film.

I Often think of the analogy between arpgs/mmos and real life. I guess you could look at it that real life is always hardcore. Unless reincarnation is real there is no coming back in a softcore life. I have reached level 61 in real life and was hoping to get to level 80 or so but it now looks like level 62 will me my maximum.

Once again I thank all you kind people out there. I was a bit apprehensive about posting on a gamimg website. I have made lots of posts on the Macmillan (UK cancer charity) site but of course that is different.

It just goes to show how the vast majority of gamers are really nice people.

Edit:

My case is pretty much the same as TotalBiscuit - the utube guy. He did a video about how he found out he had bowel cancer and I recommend that anyone who has any suspicions regarding their own health watch it. Bowel cancer is very treatable if caught early enough. Sadly too much time had passed before I was diagnosed.
Last edited by WizzoPOE on Nov 11, 2015, 3:03:12 AM
"
WizzoPOE wrote:
Thank you so much for all your kind replies. And special thanks to you Chris.

If you won't take offense I think that I will leave your offer of support for the moment and see how far I can progress in the next month or so, I have played the game solo for all this time and if I can reach 100 unassisted then it will be all the sweeter.

I don't think he meant in game stuff, if he did then he wouldn't need your address. He probably just wants to send you a fishing rod and a keychain or something to cheer you up :)

gl, hf, hope you reach your goal.
While the journey to 100 will be rough and obstacles may appear I sincerely hope you overcome any hurdles that may be in your way whether it's a very angry group of beyond mobs or an unexpected death in game may you overcome it and reach the goal of 100 and be immortal in Path of exile.

I'll certainly check in time by time to see how the progress is.

Best of wishes - ShavingCream
Can you move?
You are on painkillers all the time?

Best of luck - i also hope you experience something amazing besides a lvl 100 char in the rest of your life
Last edited by Im2sl0w on Nov 11, 2015, 3:35:24 AM
I haven't been playing Poe long enough to really have much to offer (and I can see you want to go at it alone) but the offer is there if you change your mind, or if you just need someone to talk to when the long grind gets boring.

See you in the game friend

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info