Watching reviews on steam...

"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Edit: The day after I wrote this review. POE locked my acount. Today I found out it is locked because of this review. They say they won't unlock my account until this review goes away

I was pretty shocked when I read this, but thankfully it looks like it's just fabricated.

After seeing this posted here. I couldn't help but make another account. Just to ask Chris if he really looked into this?

Because I can't believe you really just said I fabricated this? Go look at my account again. The account name is AngryFan. It is locked because of that review. Though edited sense the lock. I was told it was abusing your staff members. And it would only be unlocked if I promised to never do it again. Please Chris either get your facts correct or stop lying. You are doing one or the other. I dare you to read the email chain. Not just take someone in supports word for it.

If you haven't read the full email chain. Then your probable talking to the person who locked my account. The account is locked, because I wrote a review.

Also while you are at it. Please explain why my account isn't banned, and is instead locked sense July the day after I wrote the review. And that it is still locked to this day. Other then just saying I fabricated it.

Sorry for the late response I don't follow this game anymore. As my account is locked. For a very stupid reason.

Can you please write "since" instead of "sense"? It's bothering the crap outta me. Thanks!!!!
I have a restaurant nearby that is highly esteemed by the locals. I too have had only the best experience. My personal rating would be 8.5 out of 10 for the food and the ambiance.
I was shocked to see that on a very big review site the restaurant was only getting a 7/10. After reading the reviews I noticed that serious reviewers also gave the restaurant an 8 or even a 9.
But there is a small percentage of reviewers that just gave it a 1 for reasons like I had to pay for the glass of water or we waited for like a half hour for our main dish. Even just plain stupid things like our tomato soup (gazpacho) was served cold or we ordered a suprise desert and it contained chocolate icecream and I don't like that.
Its the curse of the internet. Review sites should filter out the top 5% and the bottom 5% to get a better average.
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Edit: The day after I wrote this review. POE locked my acount. Today I found out it is locked because of this review. They say they won't unlock my account until this review goes away

I was pretty shocked when I read this, but thankfully it looks like it's just fabricated.

After seeing this posted here. I couldn't help but make another account. Just to ask Chris if he really looked into this?

Because I can't believe you really just said I fabricated this? Go look at my account again. The account name is AngryFan. It is locked because of that review. Though edited sense the lock. I was told it was abusing your staff members. And it would only be unlocked if I promised to never do it again. Please Chris either get your facts correct or stop lying. You are doing one or the other. I dare you to read the email chain. Not just take someone in supports word for it.

If you haven't read the full email chain. Then your probable talking to the person who locked my account. The account is locked, because I wrote a review.

Also while you are at it. Please explain why my account isn't banned, and is instead locked sense July the day after I wrote the review. And that it is still locked to this day. Other then just saying I fabricated it.

Sorry for the late response I don't follow this game anymore. As my account is locked. For a very stupid reason.

The bolded in your post.

I could write a pretty scathing review on POE,given I chose to waste my time and effort doing so.But I'd never be locked or banned over it unless I used a personal attack approach in writing it and in correspondence with GGG staff.

Which for myself,puts you in serious doubt of being completely honest and/or forthcoming and also brings me to the point of airing your grievances with GGG staff,including Chris not in private .. but rather a public fashion.

POE was not born and grown on the Steam platform and as a result many of the long term players have a familiarity with GGG staff and their actions relating policy and courtesy.

This being a somewhat late reply,it may be the case that you have,by now,by way of private conversation with GGG sorted the situation out ... and that would be best for everyone.
Last edited by Temper on Nov 24, 2015, 4:26:00 AM
"
Kaw wrote:

Review sites should filter out the top 5% and the bottom 5% to get a better average.

No way. My 0/10 reviews on Metacritic for games I haven't even played are just as valuable as anyone else's.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I really hope Chris doesn't waste too much of his time here. He's got lots of other stuff to work on.
Then he probable shouldn't have accused me of lying. You simply take his word over mine because he works for GGG. But your not biased and he can't be lying can he?

"
Temper wrote:
POE was not born and grown on the Steam platform and as a result many of the long term players have a familiarity with GGG staff and their actions relating policy and courtesy.

This being a somewhat late reply,it may be the case that you have,by now,by way of private conversation with GGG sorted the situation out ... and that would be best for everyone.
That's just your opinion. While others want to know if I am lying or not. If you don't like the topic then leave. I don't really need to know the staff. And I never called out a single person until this thread. When Chris said I fabricated what I said. So I will continue to justify my actions, as I don't think I have done anything out of line. At least not so far as to get my account locked for it.

"
Kaw wrote:
I have a restaurant nearby that is highly esteemed by the locals. I too have had only the best experience. My personal rating would be 8.5 out of 10 for the food and the ambiance.
I was shocked to see that on a very big review site the restaurant was only getting a 7/10. After reading the reviews I noticed that serious reviewers also gave the restaurant an 8 or even a 9.
But there is a small percentage of reviewers that just gave it a 1 for reasons like I had to pay for the glass of water or we waited for like a half hour for our main dish. Even just plain stupid things like our tomato soup (gazpacho) was served cold or we ordered a suprise desert and it contained chocolate icecream and I don't like that.
Its the curse of the internet. Review sites should filter out the top 5% and the bottom 5% to get a better average.
So your saying lets ignore the not so bright people, or people who judge you for things you don't think are worthy of judgment? You would get rid of all the reviews you think that don't matter. Personally if you charged for water. I wouldn't come back to your restaurant either. To many other places give it for free. And if your food isn't 100% better then other places. Why come back here? Your not really making a strong argument to get rid of the reviews you dislike. Instead of learning from them. You brush them off as crazy people without valid input. You let reviews that could have helped you improve your restaurant be roadblocks instead. I find it ironic that you think of them as being unhelpful.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Nov 24, 2015, 6:12:56 AM
Where is your evidence of the mail conversation then?

That aside you write like boem -,-
drama queens. make a new account and get to it!
"
Hilbert wrote:

*Triggered*

/shottruethehartandhillbertistoblame

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Hilbert wrote:
Where is your evidence of the mail conversation then?

posted it once here got a different account put on probation for it. If you want it so bad ask GGG for it. They want it hidden. And every-time I copy that email chain to the forums... it simply gets deleted and my account put on probation. Don't know why they simply don't lock it like they did to my other account. If your looking for evidence other then what I have already given it's kind of hard. As GGG doesn't really allow me to post it. So keep demanding what you won't get here.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Nov 24, 2015, 6:23:09 AM
I'm kind of lazy to read all the things but normally if my account is locked happens only when I log in from a different city, then I just copy paste the unlock code from my mail, making up shit like this is not funny, also who the hell uses steam anyway? It just spams advertisements in your face and eats your ram.

"
Your Path of Exile account has been locked because someone attempted to log in from a location that you don't typically play from - "Region, City, Country".

To play again, you'll need to type or paste the following access code into the game client after logging in:

xxx-xxx-xxx

Our support staff will never ask you for this unlock code. Do not give it to anyone.

If you didn't just attempt to log in from a new location, then someone else has your account password! You should change it immediately which can be done on our website.

If you have any problems with this process, please contact customer support by replying to this email.

This is the only mail you might have received, so please stop this thing.
Last edited by krenderke on Nov 24, 2015, 6:27:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info