Watching reviews on steam...

"
"
Temper wrote:
Unless I know the Steam profile/person in question then their Steam review isn't worth reading,regardless of if it's positive or negative.

That's just not true.

It just so happens that this particular reviewer is an idiot.

Also, from the review:

1 person found this review funny

I lol'ed

But it is ... just true .... for myself. =P

I listen with interest to those I'm familiar with,rather than complete strangers,who may,or may not share common interests in gaming.

"
Edit: The day after I wrote this review. POE locked my acount. Today I found out it is locked because of this review. They say they won't unlock my account until this review goes away

I was pretty shocked when I read this, but thankfully it looks like it's just fabricated.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Edit: The day after I wrote this review. POE locked my acount. Today I found out it is locked because of this review. They say they won't unlock my account until this review goes away

I was pretty shocked when I read this, but thankfully it looks like it's just fabricated.

Welcome to Steam.
"
Chris wrote:
"

Still damaging to the game and GGG in general though. Which kinda sucks.
"
Temper wrote:
But it is ... just true .... for myself. =P

I listen with interest to those I'm familiar with,rather than complete strangers,who may,or may not share common interests in gaming.

That's a good point, but still I don't think we should discount the fact that many people blindly believe whatever random review they see. I saw the comments on that particular review earlier and some people flat out believed everything the guy said on face value.
That guy's account is LOCKED not BANNED.
That's a big difference.
It was locked either because of "geolocation"\"dynamic ip" or some suspicious activity.

And note that his forum account (which is "tied" to game account) isn't banned or even "on probation"

P.S. there ware some other "look here! GGG's support is outrageous!" examples in comments.
Like "guy wanted to change his e-mail and support was ####"

Sure, when you'll go through provided link to read this frightening story - you'll see that "the guy" just didn't want to answer all of the questions support asked.
"Why would i need to provide so much info?"
(simple questions: ip, supporter packs\mtx bought, character names, date of last play, etc)

P.P.S it's ...m-m-m... awful to see how easily people's opinions can be manipulated with false claims.
More terrifying thing is that they won't accept any serious evidences against the "initial" lies.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Nov 11, 2015, 7:33:36 AM
Hey he got locked for real! But he doesn't follow instructions.
There was one guy that got banned for a failed transaction and claimed GGG his money, posted the convo on another site and got laughed at.

If you want to read fabricated reviews then a review for this http://i.imgur.com/ydyCNuc.jpg because of Globe Girls and will be far more effective.

Yeah globe girls not some "*philia" :D
"
TheWretch wrote:

Right back at ya champ, please, share your figures, we're all dying to know about your insightful insider info. Oh that's right, you dunno either? Damn

You were the one claiming this will have a negative impact on GGG because us silly whiteknights are making it worse, not me. I just used the socratic method to show you that you can't say that with certainty :)

Btw Chris you can just respond to the review as a dev and everyone who reads that review will see that you responded and likely read your response.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Right back at ya champ, please, share your figures, we're all dying to know about your insightful insider info. Oh that's right, you dunno either? Damn

You were the one claiming this will have a negative impact on GGG because us silly whiteknights are making it worse, not me. I just used the socratic method to show you that you can't say that with certainty :)

Btw Chris you can just respond to the review as a dev and everyone who reads that review will see that you responded and likely read your response.

Go and re-read what I originally said champ. Take the time instead of getting triggered next go round. White knights, sheesh.

"
TheWretch wrote:
Its whatever. The guy is obviously full of it but that makes no difference. Its out there and ppl will eat it up. Its bullshit but all the responses from the white knight brigade just give it more exposure, great job gang

Its not complicated. It could've floated off into obscurity never to be spoken of again. People on a crusade, like yourself, are what gave it legs. You still have no clue, Chris doesn't respond to it for exactly that reason. Why give it relevance or importance with a response.

Socratic method : It is a form of inquiry and discussion between individuals, based on asking and answering questions to stimulate critical thinking and to illuminate ideas.

Is that what you did? What question did you ask? You had an answer? I didn't see one?

Fail/

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Nov 11, 2015, 12:41:57 PM
Really don't think GGG care enough about his review that much to lock his account "until he apologizes and removes it" LOL!

Sounds like a troll to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info