New Support Gem Reveal - Blasphemy

as much as i love to see that..

if there is no bigger drawback then 25% mana reservation on using it as an aura it will probably change the meta by a big time.

especially for charge generation. any kind of discharge build will be even more OP for clearing packs.

in my opinion there should be something like 50% curse effectiveness on lvl 1 and maybe, just maybe u shouldnt be unable to generate charges with that thing.

Doedre's Scorn? cheeses..
random OP 4/5 curse RF Discharge build...?

Warlords Mark, Assassins Mark, Ele weakness, Vulna (Flammability).

RF Cyclone
Cyclone - CoMK - Culling - Discharge - AOE- BM

and thats the cheap version, just imagine what a fakener could do ^^

maybe i'm overestimating :P
Last edited by TheVoid on Nov 9, 2015, 2:30:40 AM
"
Norsferatu wrote:
Although the gem may look underwhelming for most people, the best part about it is that your curse effectiveness can be further improved by investing in aura effectiveness nodes! Making dedicated support chars more useful :D

Actually, the OP specifically said aura effectiveness would -not- work with aura curses.

"The curse is applied as an aura around you, affected by both your curse and aura radius increases. It is not, however, affected by Aura Effect passives, as these will now only apply to friendly auras."
I smell curse rebalancing
"
Moose65 wrote:
The most important question is though......

Will this bypass curse immunity? If not.....then meh.

Agree, dont think it will either so kinda meh and not a direct replacement of arctic armour like some are saying...
"
TheVoid wrote:
as much as i love to see that..

if there is no bigger drawback then 25% mana reservation on using it as an aura it will probably change the meta by a big time.

especially for charge generation. any kind of discharge build will be even more OP for clearing packs.

in my opinion there should be something like 50% curse effectiveness on lvl 1 and maybe, just maybe u shouldnt be unable to generate charges with that thing.

Doedre's Scorn? cheeses..
random OP 4/5 curse RF Discharge build...?

Warlords Mark, Assassins Mark, Ele weakness, Vulna (Flammability).

RF Cyclone
Cyclone - CoMK - Culling - Discharge - AOE- BM

and thats the cheap version, just imagine what a fakener could do ^^

maybe i'm overestimating :P

Enter curse immune mobs
"
It is not, however, affected by Aura Effect passives, as these will now only apply to friendly auras.

Say what now???
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
"
Acer99 wrote:

Enter curse immune mobs

Which all curse-dependent builds already avoid or have some workaround for anyway.

Blasphemy will allow for the main skill to be more powerful though since it won't require linking to other Curse support gems.
Last edited by Jackinthegreen on Nov 9, 2015, 2:34:40 AM
woow very nice idea
"
tafonso wrote:
I smell curse rebalancing

the problem is:
curses are WELL balanced if you self cast them
and broken if you use 2 of them with an automatic mechanic like heralds of ice or blasphemy were you dont need to click anything to curse enemies and can curse 90-100% of them.
(herald of thunder you curse 10% of the monsters and not 90%)

if curses are nerfed, for a melee char, herald of ash is much better than blasphemy with 1 curse so blasphemy will become an useless gem i guess except for supporter, but still atm a char built with 4-5 curses is better than a char with blasphemy+nerfed curses.

so all i see is a broken mechanic that will probably cause nerfs around and massive disappoint at the end
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Nov 9, 2015, 2:43:47 AM
As a solo player I love this support gem. Feels much more efficient to me to mass debuff monsters then to self buff with auras. If this turns out to be true or not remains to be seen. For now I am hyped.
Last edited by Lionguild on Nov 9, 2015, 2:56:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info