New Support Gem Reveal - Blasphemy

Indeed... also, seems that people are too hype for this gem. Think about the area of effect - it is circle around your character, that also means that IAoE gem is mana reserve multiplayer. I more like my CwDT lv2 + 2 curses cast w/o additional mana reserve.

Ofc, its nice for some reason, like for my 3x Totem witch making Temp Chain aura will be awesome(!) since herald of thunder are useless =)

I bet, gem will outcome with "less area of effect" or something if will become truly overpowered, matter of time.
RIP Curse on Hit, but nice idea.
Oh man I've been dreaming about something like this for years. FINALLY <3 Can't wait for next 4m league.
"You did move, but there was no time at which you were moving, because your movement took 0 time." - Mark_GGG
Hype!

Does override meant that if a curse cost 50 mana to self-cast, it will be reserved for 50 * 1.25 = 62.5 mana?
DOEDRE ITEMS HYPE
Neden yaşıyorsun?
To all the people saying 'RIP Curse on hit' or really any other method of casting curses, I feel that they may be getting a little too caught up in the hype to actually sit down and think this skill through, because honestly, if anything, I think this will see niche use at most, amongst optimized builds at least. Because essentially here is the pro and cons of this

Pros:
Everything around you is auto-cursed forever
You don't need to invest in a socket heavy Curse on hit setup
Simplifies the build so that there isn't a curse and then kill phase to each pack

Cons:
Mana reservation that could be used to up dmg or survivability.
It's an aura, which means it's centered on you, not the enemy, meaning any build that wants to stay far away will have difficulty justifying utilizing it.
Only realistically saving one socket from the curse on hit setup (Spell - CoH - Curse vs. Blasphemy - Curse)

Given this breakdown, I feel that outside of the situation where there is genuinely no aura you can use that mana reserve space for that would benefit you, and you don't need the raw mana itself, there is almost no reason to use this support outside of sheer laziness. The only other scenario I can think of is if you are having EXTREME socket pressure and your curse on hit setup needs to be paired down. Either way it seems that you are universally taking a hit to dmg or survivability in exchange for not having to cast your curses, which is very cool on the face of it, but ultimately making the build weaker not stronger.

To be fair though, if all you want to do is clear low-to-mid maps and you don't need an optimzied build then this could potentially increase clear speed by sparing you having to cast your curses on each pack, but still suffers from the problem of the necessary proximity required, making it dangerous for some builds.

So, in summation, a very cool skill, but one with niche utility at best, at least for optimized builds intended to do end game content because simply put, using that 25% for an aura that is increasing your dmg or survivability will almost be the better option over not having to cast your curse.
Reservation already pretty hard to get and it request a lot of invest in gear, jewel, node to get some decent reservation and that new support gem add more reservation, that means we should sacrifice aura and more invest.

Maybe is it time to reduce ALL reservation on all aura, buff? 50/35/25 looks super high, maybe 40/25/15 instead or alike?
I have a question. How it will work if two players using different curse will be in range affecting one monster?
Both players can have only one curse, what curse will affect monster?
"
bioa wrote:
Hype!

Does override meant that if a curse cost 50 mana to self-cast, it will be reserved for 50 * 1.25 = 62.5 mana?
This is what im curious about too. We can clearly see in the video that it isnt reserving a flat 25% per curse, soo thats out of the window. It seems to be doing the formula you listed.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
So we have Conviction,Holy Freeze etc(D2) now sort of.
Last edited by Kavlor on Nov 9, 2015, 4:54:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info