The very funny reason why i got muted.

"
tropane wrote:
"
SickAsCocaine wrote:
WOW... Just for the record guys, my name has been changed by Ben because ''Drugs'' they are illegal ALL over the world...

Uh oh, my forum name is a rather obscure drug reference..

So is mine as you could see, but i really can't see where the problems are actually coming from. Haha
Usernames: Any username you choose in relation to your Member Account or as applicable any other identifier you choose for use in relation to your access or use of the Website, Materials and Services, may be viewable by other users of any of the Website, Materials and Services as applicable and you warrant that any such username or other identifier will not:

(a) infringe the rights of whatever nature of any third party including without limitation copyright, registered and unregistered trade mark rights, rights of personality, privacy, confidentiality and any other intellectual property rights; and

(b) contain foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature as may be determined by Grinding Gear Games in its sole discretion or otherwise be in contravention of any law or court order.

so basicly anything that is subjectivly offensive to any given person. . .

thats vague tbh
If you wish for a key? pray to the allmighty Keysus. If you want a speedy Blessing? Donate to the church of Keysus and ye shall receive a Blessing.

*Disclaimer- This is now a vintage saying*
I've been talking to Ben about my name and i'm now just waiting for a response on how i CAN have this kind of name on any other game but this one.

Because now all i've seen was one guy ranting about my name that it must be deleted THIS instant...
I honestly see no problem with your name. Be that as it may it is at the sole discretion of GGG which names they believe go against the ToU.
RIP Bolto
I got muted once for saying:

"you guys are dum"

with the word dumb misspelled as part of an ongoing misspelling gag in chat. Some mods are a bit quick on the trigger, but I think that's a rarity for now.
I don't have sig :D -- gracy123
Heh I had to laugh. GGG is still in their amateur phase so expecting an indie company to have mainstream professional standards is a bit much - they still have a lot to learn. I mean they have a mod with a name that would be considered hate speech in Georgia, USA.
"
"
Omnivore61 wrote:
Heh I had to laugh. GGG is still in their amateur phase so expecting an indie company to have mainstream professional standards is a bit much - they still have a lot to learn. I mean they have a mod with a name that would be considered hate speech in Georgia, USA.

What name would that be?

Well if you are a black person, I dare you to go to Kennesaw Georgia and begin yelling whiteboy at people. You will quickly find yourself in jail and up on hate speech charges.

I'm not really expectating high efforts and a real professional team, hell i can't even get my self to be serious for a full hour.

But i really wanna know why my name would be taken this far into consideration in being this so called offensive.
I'm personally not offended by "Cocaine", but I think they are trying to be sensitive to people that have bad or even traumatic experiences with the drug. It may be a "trigger" of sorts to what they had to endure when they got addicted to it...
"
Jumarman wrote:
I'm personally not offended by "Cocaine", but I think they are trying to be sensitive to people that have bad or even traumatic experiences with the drug. It may be a "trigger" of sorts to what they had to endure when they got addicted to it...

I am an ex cocaine junkie. It pretty much destroyed my life in my late twenties, cost me four years in prison, and damn near took my life. If the mere mention of the word "Cocaine" causes problems for an ex addict - they aren't an ex addict, they are still addicted and need to be in a recovery program *not* playing an online game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info