[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Guys for anyone with spare currency that openly despises reflect I may have found a good way to protect from it.

Essence Worm + Purity of Fire lvl21

There, with this you will have purity with lvl 23 the threshold for having more 1% maximum fire resistance, making it an additional 5% max fire res. In total you will have a insane fire res , 81% to be exact with the node in the tree , 82% maybe if you have an insane Kaom's like the op.

Rejoice!
When does this build really start to take shape? Is it as soon as you equip EA and go EE around level 50? Or is it not until you can equip the gear at around level 70?

I love the videos in the guide but if it only starts to take shape from level 70ishi might need to reconsider.
Im playing this in perandus HC my leveling method was:
1-28 mix of firestorm and bladevortex

28-38 EA with elemental focus and lesser multiple projectiles (on quill rain already, i was heading to BloodMagic on the skill tree)

38-55 new links -> EA+GMP+AOE+Fire pen (i specc into EE here, because i had good gloves)

55-60 added less duration as fifth link

Starts a little bit clunky but as you gain EA levels (important boost of damage) and u add important links like AOE and fire penetration, everything goes smoothly.
Spec into EE if you know that exactly piece of gear will be kept for a while.
If your gear sucks rush the marauder zone for diamond skin and those 12% res nodes.

My tree when i first spec into EA
https://gyazo.com/1dfb69ecaf7091c3550e342c5bdd4bc2
i leveled with rain of arrows and any phys / ele bow i could find, blackgleam quiver and a bunch of flat fire damage from cheap uniques like bloodboil, lioneye's paws, the ignomon.
also herald of ash, anger, added fire damage.
the damage nodes are exactly the same: projectile, aoe and fire.

didnt pick bloodmagic until 50~55. this is where i went quill rain and EA (i think the reason i waited that long were gmp + inc aoe and most importantly: the 2L RoA setup didnt fall off until then)

cant stress enough to level EA asap tho, even tho you wont use it right away.
"
brunowa wrote:
When does this build really start to take shape? Is it as soon as you equip EA and go EE around level 50? Or is it not until you can equip the gear at around level 70?

I love the videos in the guide but if it only starts to take shape from level 70ishi might need to reconsider.

This is what you want before going EA:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2mKUoNhNaHT56MauPC2DzLc-QYcYVpitKPqCx6IA8B9o8q9sC2HAZgSz73w8BYKbn9-aO3KpxPZ82fcy378OPBRx-OvqGINfCfbUfAYOJ-0=

Next up I went with this:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2mKUoNhNaHT56MauPC2DzLc-QYcYVpitKPqCx6IA8B9o8sBmBLPvfDwFgpuf35o7cqnE9nzZ9zLfvw48FHH46-oYg18J9tR8Bg4n7WP9euZxhXIPWfOsqkbXkFUaONi9_golvODD209mVJRvhXvsOOQiKU-drhpsXwRYd5ErA3U26eNqFm8kqtq5sULPfnasggfZfA==

Notes:
Templar part first, level with firestorm.
After getting blood magic you use stone golem \ enduring cry \ pots for health regen.
Last edited by foojin on Mar 7, 2016, 1:46:55 AM
"
Guys for anyone with spare currency that openly despises reflect I may have found a good way to protect from it.

Essence Worm + Purity of Fire lvl21

There, with this you will have purity with lvl 23 the threshold for having more 1% maximum fire resistance, making it an additional 5% max fire res. In total you will have a insane fire res , 81% to be exact with the node in the tree , 82% maybe if you have an insane Kaom's like the op.

Rejoice!

Your abit late to the party on that one mate, thanks for the suggestion though.
how works EE ?
"
Nikitonn wrote:
how works EE ?

Pretty sure this is explained in the thread already.
"
Nikitonn wrote:
how works EE ?

By getting rid of any flat fire damage from your items, so EAs explosions can do the extra damage.

Example: You hit with cold from your gloves, therefore EE triggers -50% on all other elements (explosions from EA)

It's super important to reroll / craft flat fire damage into something else.
"
I will do some math on how good are the Unrelenting nodes on this build (life% and mana cost ones).

Imagining you have a EA lvl 20 it will have a base cost of 27 mana (lvl 21 its 28 but I will do the math with a more acessible one)

For a standard 5L I will use these ones :

Explosive Arrow - Greater multiple projectiles(165%) - Fire penetration(140%) - Less duration(120%) - Increased area of effect(140%)

Basicly for a normal 5L you would spend 27 x 1,65 x 1,4 x 1,2 x 1,4 = 104,8 life PER shot !

Considering we got easily 4,5 shots per second before ascendancy , we will get now with all the buffs consistent 5 shots per second , that meaning 524 life per second with only a 5L!

With unrelenting nodes we get 104,8 x 0,85 = 89 mana per shot meaning 445 life per second . A reduction of ~15% meaning you have more 79 life per second that is 1% life regen if you have 8k Life pool and MORE if you have less than 8K life pool.

For 6L these ones :

Explosive Arrow - Greater multiple projectiles(165%) - Fire penetration(140%) - Slower Projectiles(140%) - Less duration(120%) - Increased area of effect(140%)

For a 6L it gets really more advantageous: 27 x 1,65 x 1,4 x 1,2 x 1,4 x 1,4 = 146,7 life PER shot !

It gets to a whooping 733,5 life that you are losing a second

Again, if you use Unrelenting : 146,7 x 0,85 = 124,7 per shot meaning 623,5 a second , basicly , 110 life per second you win , that means 1,4 % life regen if you have 8k life and more if you have less than that .

Basicly, if you consider life regen % to be good , it is impossible not to pick this , much better than bloodless , or vanilla 5% life nodes.

Coming back on this, I just got 10% less mana cost of skills on my blood dance boots from the Labyrinth. It seems to work making EA just a bit cheaper.

Talking about:
EnchantmentManaCostsWhenHit1 53 10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills if you've been Hit Recently

Highest tier would give 18%.
Last edited by foojin on Mar 7, 2016, 5:01:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info