[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Can't really understand, why not Chieftan.
Can someone explain how does he equip those items/gems with 20dex tree?
"
Sh4wnorium wrote:

He already explained multiple times , Chieftain makes you do fire damage with your normal attacks making the Elemental Equilibrium proc therefore making them resistant to fire. Its preeeety bad .

"
Sh4wnorium wrote:
Can someone explain how does he equip those items/gems with 20dex tree?

There is several items that can help you with your dex requirement , Blood dance is one , but devoto will help you big time with a average 60 dex . Other than that , Amulet , and other stuff might settle for your dex .
"
"
Sh4wnorium wrote:

He already explained multiple times , Chieftain makes you do fire damage with your normal attacks making the Elemental Equilibrium proc therefore making them resistant to fire. Its preeeety bad .

"
Sh4wnorium wrote:
"
neggan wrote:

If you go Chieftain you can't use Elemental Equilibrium since 20% of your physical damage is converted to fire.

But we can use http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dyadian_Dawn.
Last edited by Sh4wnorium on Mar 5, 2016, 1:36:21 PM
You can't , I rememeber I saw this discussion also on reddit , you will not do physical damage but you will still convert the physical damage to fire damage and deal that fire damage . You have to see how the phrasing is, it says 'Deal no physical damage' not 'You dont have any physical damage' , therefore it will still convert and make you do fire damage.

Hope this clears up things for everyone about the chieftain ascendancy ...
Holy Shit. Thanks.
"
I will do some math on how good are the Unrelenting nodes on this build (life% and mana cost ones).

Imagining...

You mean the "Tireless" nodes, right to the left of Combat Stamina. Good reasoning, though. I'm sold. I'll respec out of Bloodless as soon as I get two more levels. By the way, any thoughts on my question regarding which is better as a 6th gem for though bosses, Concentrated Effect or Chance to Ignite?
Last edited by lussiano on Mar 5, 2016, 2:15:18 PM
Could any one that is doing this build give some pointers on the tree progression?
Like what i should do with the first 30 points or so.
Kinda new at poe so i would be really grateful for some guidance :)
"
lussiano wrote:
"
I will do some math on how good are the Unrelenting nodes on this build (life% and mana cost ones).

Imagining...

You mean the "Tireless" nodes, right to the left of Combat Stamina. Good reasoning, though. I'm sold. I'll respec out of Bloodless as soon as I get two more levels. By the way, any thoughts on my question regarding which is better as a 6th gem for though bosses, Concentrated Effect or Chance to Ignite?

Yeah , in game they are called tireless, but for some reason in the wiki they are called Unrelenting, strange in fact .

I think you would only need those links if you are doing core malachai or uber atziri, even so , why not both ? If you are using a standard 6L EA - > slower projetiles /(empower lvl 4) -> Fire Pen -> Less duration -> Chance to ignite -> Conc Effect ( if you are playing a scion berserker , or a marau berserker)

If you are going for champion , IMO the links should be EA - > less duration -> Fire Pen -> Life Leech -> Chance to ignite -> Conc Effect

I think you only have to decide between them if you play a 5L with champion, in that case the autor seems to really like chance to ignite , and he already did some big bosses with it , even though conc effect will give you almost 50% more dmg , I would pick conc effect for bosses if I really have to choose between the two.

-------------------------

"
Could any one that is doing this build give some pointers on the tree progression?
Like what i should do with the first 30 points or so.
Kinda new at poe so i would be really grateful for some guidance :)

This build is very simple regarding the nodes there are but 3 essencial nodes to it in this variation: Resolute Technique so you dish out very consistent damage never failing your projectiles , Blood Magic , so you can use skills without worrying for mana (also for tankiness, and because you dont need auras in this build) and Elemental Equilibrium . You only change to this build at ~lvl40 so you need to worry about the blood magic keystone only at that level , the elemental equilibrium i would advise you to pick just when you have some flat damage in your gear while after lvl 40 . And resolute technique I advise you to pick it ASAP . Meanwhile , pick some life nodes that are in the tree and such , its pretty fool proof , here is my level 34 tree for Scion , I doubt it is the best but it will insure a lot of damage for good leveling and decent tankiness . If you pick good jewels feel free to pick the slots early too.
Last edited by Ryuri_yamamoto on Mar 5, 2016, 3:18:46 PM
quick update:

8% crit is already more then enough to sustain elemental overload - opie op

ungils harmony alone brings u to 10% and the ice golem does the rest.
Last edited by IamPeyter on Mar 5, 2016, 6:12:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info