[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

"
aitalar wrote:
"
Nikitonn wrote:
how works EE ?

By getting rid of any flat fire damage from your items, so EAs explosions can do the extra damage.

Example: You hit with cold from your gloves, therefore EE triggers -50% on all other elements (explosions from EA)

It's super important to reroll / craft flat fire damage into something else.

Doesn't the explosions themselves also trigger EE? So if anything were to blow up faster or slower, wouldn't they all be resistant? Also seems to make walling a lot weaker.
"
kssyu wrote:

Doesn't the explosions themselves also trigger EE? So if anything were to blow up faster or slower, wouldn't they all be resistant? Also seems to make walling a lot weaker.

Yes, BUT: a Mob can take up to five fuses (5x EA). That doesnt mean EA will explode 5 times, but 1 big time.

Thats why you hit it with another element for the first time (EA with light/cold from jewelry or armor).

To make it clear: EA itself doesnt have an element, it uses the stats from your items. Only the explosions are fire, thats why we pump fire damage, but reroll flat fire dmg from items.

This way you can just roll with EA all the time without having to use an additional element, because EA ITSELF will just apply cold/light damage again until the explosions occur.

I hope its clear now :)
Can someone answer my question about chance to ignite please, does it not trigger EE?
So I decided to try this build in a new HC league.

Leveled as firestorm+flametotem, switched to EA at 4x lvl, and it sucked so hard, lol.

Spent 5 nodes for dual totems (because pressing one button is easier then two), while leveling EA and it's supports. Refunded them and switched to EA again at the end of merciless, and it was fine on both a3-a4 and early maps.

So, I guess it's much like SRS - later you switch to it, better it is.

I'm 73 now, on lower tier maps (don't liek much trading, my gear still pretty bad) with 4l only I'm oneshooting every pack and any rare/boss if it's near them, but standalone bosses are kinda pain in the ass.

Will burning chance/damage gems/nodes will help with single target damage, or it will be fine with higher lvls? Or something like Emberwake ring?
"
MedvedPoe wrote:
Can someone answer my question about chance to ignite please, does it not trigger EE?

Burning damage does not trigger EE. Same goes for all the dots :)
"
Your abit late to the party on that one mate, thanks for the suggestion though.

Damm :p worth mentioning again then though .

"
foojin wrote:
Coming back on this, I just got 10% less mana cost of skills on my blood dance boots from the Labyrinth. It seems to work making EA just a bit cheaper.

Talking about:
EnchantmentManaCostsWhenHit1 53 10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills if you've been Hit Recently

Highest tier would give 18%.

Seems about right that mana cost is good in this, thanks for the feedback.

Btw could you give me feedback about the consistency that being hit recently mechanic ? If you could rate it bewtween 1(never active) and 100(always active) (when it matters, like in battle) , how would you rate it ?
finished the merc lab and got "add fire dmg if you´v killed recently" boot enchant..

Last edited by syraen on Mar 7, 2016, 11:37:37 AM
"
syraen wrote:

finished the merc lab and got this boot enchant..

Thats a pretty nice enchant though , just not for this build at all lol I feel you
Last edited by Ryuri_yamamoto on Mar 7, 2016, 11:05:29 AM
I am lvl 50 now and switched to EE BM RT and equped 4link EE-AOE-GMP-FirePen.

I am sitting at 1,4 life

build is working atm but with cruel a3 it seems to fall a bit on behalf of clear speed and dying here and there (kinda lot of hp drawn for sustaining my attacks). Plan is to use frost wall for single target as it takes minute/s to kill yellows and bosses if to kiting them near corners.

Didnt take ascendancy yet but i have found exalt so my question is what would you upgrade now in terms of items?, 5 link/tabula?, possibly quality on gems?, blooddance? what would you do?

*tree if u want to see: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAAN1BLMGDgn2C2EOPBRxHNwn7Sj6PC1Bh0WdU1JYd18EaHRo8nKpgpuCx4Nfg8yPGpErlKCaO5rgna6iAKcIr2y3PriTwGbE9sau1HzYTdpi2t3fv-Fz6hjr7u0g8B_3Mvjr-eg=
"
Daemonion wrote:
I am lvl 50 now and switched to EE BM RT and equped 4link EE-AOE-GMP-FirePen.

I am sitting at 1,4 life

build is working atm but with cruel a3 it seems to fall a bit on behalf of clear speed and dying here and there (kinda lot of hp drawn for sustaining my attacks). Plan is to use frost wall for single target as it takes minute/s to kill yellows and bosses if to kiting them near corners.

Didnt take ascendancy yet but i have found exalt so my question is what would you upgrade now in terms of items?, 5 link/tabula?, possibly quality on gems?, blooddance? what would you do?

*tree if u want to see: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAAN1BLMGDgn2C2EOPBRxHNwn7Sj6PC1Bh0WdU1JYd18EaHRo8nKpgpuCx4Nfg8yPGpErlKCaO5rgna6iAKcIr2y3PriTwGbE9sau1HzYTdpi2t3fv-Fz6hjr7u0g8B_3Mvjr-eg=

This is what you should aim for next:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQN1BLMGDgn2C2EOPBRxGFYc3CW8J-0o-jwFPC1Bh0WdU1JYd18EaHRo8nKpdqyCB4KbgseDX4PMjxqRK5SgmK2aO5rgna6f36IApwivbLc-uJPAZsT2xq7PftR82E3Yvdl82mLa3dtP37_gw-oY6-7vfPAf9zL46_no_go=

Note that I respecced the templar a bit.

You should go EE for your next point, then either ele overload or RT, afterwards pure HP points and AOE nodes from templar in between. Once you've finished this tree I would probably go top for celestial judgement and after that to the maurader tree.

Also make sure to do the cruel\normal trials for zerker asc. class as scion.

Biggest gear upgrade is blood dance boots.
Last edited by foojin on Mar 7, 2016, 11:38:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info