[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

"
murybcm wrote:
Any guide that involves details about the leveling process would be great. That is where I have the most trouble with any build.

I am almost to level 50 and really enjoying this build!

Is it worth it to use a dagger for whirling blades or do you use too much DPS?

Divinarius is a VERY solid choice if you want to use whirling blades
"
sliverlz wrote:

Yeah I think that is a little too steep for me at the moment....can rare daggers even come close?
Last edited by murybcm on Apr 12, 2016, 3:20:07 PM
"
murybcm wrote:
"
sliverlz wrote:

Yeah I think that is a little too steep for me at the moment....can rare daggers even come close?

Well, you can definitely use a rare dagger till you can afford a Divinarius, but the Div has that sweet 10% increased AoE.
"
murybcm wrote:
Any guide that involves details about the leveling process would be great. That is where I have the most trouble with any build.

I am almost to level 50 and really enjoying this build!

Is it worth it to use a dagger for whirling blades or do you lose too much DPS?

TBH is leveling with this build and firestorm the most easy shit in the world.

Every char I level I often do firestorm since its so good.

Just link it up with the right gems and you melt faces.
You're right, it's probably the best skill to level from 0 to 70ish.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
Hey guys!

Updated the guide fully now(finally), added your suggestions to the guide as well. You guys are right about Atziri's Promise vs Sorrow of the Divine. I completely forgot about that one. Fixed it now though!

I swapped around a few things as well, making the readability a bit better(hopefully), and added a quick tl;dr to the top.

@Nemezote: try this. I also put this link in the tl;dr version, so if you want to look it up, just look there :)

So, what do you guys prefer to see next: A guide on how to kill the bosses as you level, or a guide for mapping? Will upload this in the second post ;P

First thank you very much for your detailed guide. I've got a lot of fun playing this char. Also the mix between caster and summoner is what I always wanted.

Since I started mapping and doing t6 maps quite easy, it would be nice to have a guide for mapping especially mid and high tier. I've never made it this far in a league since I'm only a casual player.
I think that some guides on how to handle tough map combos and/or bosses might be the best. The second guide you posted pretty much already covers leveling from 1- the end of Merc in amazing detail; and besides, like someone else said, leveling with this build is the easiest I have ever had leveling a character. As long as you don't screw up too bad on the tree (meaning you don't wait until level 40 to start allocating points according to the guide) then you really can't mess this up.

But map bosses....that's a different story. For example, I can take down Twinned Jungle Valley boss (the weaver) no problem at all. Hell, I even did a twinned Excavation map last night (Tier 13, 3 boss combo with Phylacteral Link, only one can be damaged at a time, so 6 bosses in this case) and I really didn't have too much of an issue. But there are some bosses that wreck me. And some mods certianly require more thought than others, and possibly some utility gem changing as well as flask adjustment.

Speaking of flasks, I am using both Atziri's and Sorrow. The chaos resistance from Atziri's is nice (although I have managed to get maxed Chaos res without it) but the damage boost when you pop both is amazing.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Hi,

A quick question. Can you show me your gear and status for the 2.2 Atziri kill video? Also, is this build possible to do the Uber? What's the status you suggest to do so in HC?

Thanks!
"
Elegy2004 wrote:
Hi,

A quick question. Can you show me your gear and status for the 2.2 Atziri kill video? Also, is this build possible to do the Uber? What's the status you suggest to do so in HC?

Thanks!

Atziri is VERY EASY when you get Firestorm to level 19+ and most other support gems at level 18+. I killed Atziri at level 78 with this build with just 4k life and 300 ES. Tabula at 10-12c is a cheap 6L option. You just need to cap your resist (so you will at least survive 1 flameblast) and play smart at the trio (ALWAYS kill the cyclone guy last!!!).

Due to the lack of monster to trigger HoT in boss fight, don't use it. Instead, use Spell Totem + Curse.

The build can do Uber with GODLY gear. Firestorm with chaos conversion has an easier time in Uber, but even then, to do it comfortably, you need really good gear. If your goal is just to kill Uber on a budget, trap/mine build excels at that (though those builds can be sluggish in normal map run due to limitation of trap/mine mechanics and the HUGE mana cost).
Last edited by Taxi_Driver on Apr 19, 2016, 12:59:50 PM
Gear at the atziri vid is the same as the one posted in the first topic. Not sure if the build can run uber Atziri, but then again, I've never even tried uber atziri(I do have a set laying around, will prolly try it soon for fun).

Well, I'll be doing a mapping guide soonish then. Haven't been playing on my firestormer a lot, so I decided to take her up again to do a few end game(-ish)maps, just to see how she fares in those maps.

VS Fragment of Winter(T13)
Vs Piety the Empyrean(T14)

Also, went back to my old recording program - didn't really like what it did to my Atziri video - though I kinda forgot to properly setup all the settings. Hence the terrible sound quality. Ah well.

Welp, look forward to the mapping section!
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info