[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Nice build. I am giving it a shot in Perandus.

I was wondering, though, why did you remove the leveling tree? I can figure out how to level with the (broken) tree linked in the OP (i.e. follow defense first then offense) but for the newer players, I think the older link with each of the leveling trees was a nice feature.
"
tschango wrote:
Really enjoying this build so far and have no problem clearing any of the content up to T6 maps. Can even run Izaro on merc with little trouble at lvl 76.

I do have a few questions though:

How does crit strike work for Firestorm? Is it calculated with every cast or with every fireball falling?

Why take Elemental overload but not the spell crit points with Annihilation? You could put Assassin's Mark as your second curse together with spell crit from gear and crit strikes gem (flat 1% - 1,9% now) and keep Elemental Overload up for longer periods of time thereby increasing your damage considerably. Or is the investment into spell crit not that great of an idea?

I'm still unsure on where to put the last two ascendancy points. Is Pendulum of Destruction also a viable alternative? I don't see much point in getting the defensive option in the elementalist tree if you've got 4k health and capped resists.

I have a same question, why you take Elemental Overload but no point or gear support crit ??
Already halfway into merc on perandus hc with this build, it's fun and just what I like so a big thanks to the author :P I actually went with occultist for Wicked ward -> Prophane Bloom -> Malediction thinking it'd be an ok defense-offense setup but with re-reading the updated guide I now doubt this decision actually. Wonder if I'd have to respec from that or keep it this way. I'm an average player that just recently came back to play PoE so I'd appreciate some insight on this :S
About Elemental Overload: It might seem a bit strange, getting this one, without even putting a single point into crit. But even so, it's usually active when we need it the most: during hard bossfights. You won't proc it often against normal mobs, but honestly, they die from a single firestorm anyways. I've tested how often it'd proc on agnus on my daily laby runs today, ran around 8 times, 7 out of 8 times, I had Elemental Overload active during this fight(I had 8/8 for the izaro fights, but they took a bit longer on average). On average it takes me ~10 seconds to kill the dog(two sips from my Sulphur flask).

Why we won't invest in crit? Because we lack points. There are so many awesome things to pick up, even after level 90. We can get more zombies, more cast speed, more damage, more life.. if we wanted to pick up some crit, we'd have to sacrifice in a build that's already needing as many points possible. And as it is now, it procs often enough already. So I'd say we won't really need to get more crit from the tree :)

And for the ascendancy class: I stick with Elementalist, even though the necromancer is also a very good class to pick up. You will need to pick up the three dragons then.
As for occultist.. I still don't see it as a bad class, but I feel it's more something for hardcore players - and even then, I don't know if it's the best of the best out there. @Sempiterra: you can try what you have now, but if you notice you're struggling, or lacking damage, consider switching to either the necromancer or the elementalist.

Pendulum of destruction vs Paragon of Calamity: I'll be honest, I still don't know if Paragon is going to be worth it. In terms of raw damage, Pendulum of destruction will always have the upper hand. But as we rise in maps, I see Paragon of Calamity getting more and more interesting. Since it activates for every element, this means that you usually have 8% reduced elemental damage. Now, keep in mind that this is reduced not added resistance: it will reduce the damage even if we are capped.
This is going to be big in higher end maps - and also will help us fight reflect.

As for the leveling Tree: I just removed it because it wasn't up to date anymore. Following that tree would mean you'd have to waste around 10 refund points to get everything fixed. If I'm a little less lazy, I'll up the new one :>
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
As for the leveling Tree: I just removed it because it wasn't up to date anymore. Following that tree would mean you'd have to waste around 10 refund points to get everything fixed. If I'm a little less lazy, I'll up the new one :>

Please add at least the final version <.<
Sitting now here on passive points to spend >.<
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
Isn't celestial punishment still a big damage boost? Since our enemies will always have a status effect considering shaper, and that's a 25% boost to damage. Celestial judgement as well, and the nodes before it. Still think it's worth going there. Also for elemental overload, what if you're using controlled destruction in a 6-link? Or should I replace controlled with added lightning or something?
Looks like I need to waste 10 points of respec because I already picked Pendulum of Destruction. :(

"
Pendulum of destruction vs Paragon of Calamity: I'll be honest, I still don't know if Paragon is going to be worth it. In terms of raw damage, Pendulum of destruction will always have the upper hand. But as we rise in maps, I see Paragon of Calamity getting more and more interesting. Since it activates for every element, this means that you usually have 8% reduced elemental damage. Now, keep in mind that this is reduced not added resistance: it will reduce the damage even if we are capped.
This is going to be big in higher end maps - and also will help us fight reflect.

First post does contain a final version! Here it is again: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQN1A-4Eswj0EFgRLRM1Fm8XLxekGGoaOBpsHNwdviSqJy8o-iqNKpgsnDLRM4c1kjbYNuk6WDrYOuE8BT1fPydBh0SrRUdFnUkbSshN41JTU1JVrlXGVdZWSFgHWHdZbV8EX5hk52pDa3pr220Zbqp4L3yDfOV9GICkghCCm4LHg9uHZYhAjxqPRo-mkDOQVZErl_SaO5rgm6Gdrp_fogCmV6aspwismLXytz64k8BUwGbIv88y1AfVptgk2L3ZC9yN34rfsONq6-7sOOxV7IrtPO988B_xbPJF99f56PqA-tL-Cv6P

Celestial punishment is good, but just a bit too far away. Right now, it's roughly 80 increased damage(the entire cluster)+2% pen for 8 points. That's equal to 10% fire damage, with one point giving some str/int and 2 pen. Looking it from that side, it's suddenly much less attractive to pick up that node.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
So the Firestorm enchant from labyrinth is what we want for the helm, but what about the gloves/boots?
"
First post does contain a final version! Here it is again: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQN1A-4Eswj0EFgRLRM1Fm8XLxekGGoaOBpsHNwdviSqJy8o-iqNKpgsnDLRM4c1kjbYNuk6WDrYOuE8BT1fPydBh0SrRUdFnUkbSshN41JTU1JVrlXGVdZWSFgHWHdZbV8EX5hk52pDa3pr220Zbqp4L3yDfOV9GICkghCCm4LHg9uHZYhAjxqPRo-mkDOQVZErl_SaO5rgm6Gdrp_fogCmV6aspwismLXytz64k8BUwGbIv88y1AfVptgk2L3ZC9yN34rfsONq6-7sOOxV7IrtPO988B_xbPJF99f56PqA-tL-Cv6P

Celestial punishment is good, but just a bit too far away. Right now, it's roughly 80 increased damage(the entire cluster)+2% pen for 8 points. That's equal to 10% fire damage, with one point giving some str/int and 2 pen. Looking it from that side, it's suddenly much less attractive to pick up that node.

Why are you now going dual curse ?
You don't have another 4 Link open...
Helmet, Gloves, Boots...

1. Zombie Combo
2. CWDT Combo
3. Golem+Flame Dash with Faster Casting and a 4th Gem

No place for another 4 combo for HoT+CoH+WarMark+XXXX

TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info