Is this the end of POE?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Wispo wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Had a good run its normal games taper off otherwise you'd still be playing D2.

I've done everything there is to be done. Beat all content. played all class, caster, attacker, bows, etc. Not much more to do and I can only play content over and over so many times.

I'm waiting for Fallout 4. That should keep me busy a year.

Hi Aim Deep!!! Have you tryed the old Titan quest? If not, give it a shot, it is worthy of attention (i still play it from nearly 9 years now)

Hi yes I played Titan Quest and expansion. Good game. But all games get old including that one.

Yeah, like i always say: "no one game lasts more than 10 years" :)
It's not the end, but it's never been in worse shape (post 1.0, at least). Build diversity is at an all-time low, a large amount of skills and uniques are neglected, races have been uninspiring and GGG prefers to continue adding new content rather than do a refinement pass on the game.

Personally I've been having more fun with Diablo 3 the past couple of months. Previously it was a "screw around for a week then back to POE" game, but with POE in such a state I've managed to get to paragon level 250ish (for comparison, when last season ended I was around paragon 70)
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Build diversity is at an all-time low,

Gotta disagree there. The problem isn't that there are too few viable builds. There's plenty of options out there. The only problem is that they're all the SAME builds that have been good for a very long time now.
what are you all talking about? There has never been as much stuff to do or items to collect than there is now.

maybe take a break until the new leagues or something
They only want the 1% to play this game and compete for ladder races and stuff. Its honestly getting pretty close to ded game.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
They only want the 1% to play this game and compete for ladder races and stuff. Its honestly getting pretty close to ded game.

Agree
"
deathflower wrote:

I think grindy games are poor design. If a game isn't enjoyable or there is nothing new, people should move on. Grindy games does something contradictory to this. It overestimate its replayability and try to extend its shelflife by gating content.

Diablo 2 wasn't designed around the grind. Players would grind in Diablo 2 because they didn't want to quit. LoD and many patches later, the grind increased drastically.

Like I said before clearly these types of games are not your cup of tea. It doesn't mean it has a flawed design because there are plenty of people who enjoy these kinds of games.

As for your Diablo II comment, it would be just outright wrong to say nobody grinded before LoD. If you played classic HC you were forced to grind, even softcore did. People did it for loot not because they "love the game so much they grind it".

"

I disagree, the current 1 month has 20 challenges for its MTX reward. They showed a graph early on for the numbers on how many of what players had for progress.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1454723

This shows 31% of players had 15-19 challenges completed, mind you this post was on the 15th of October. The challenges are not even hard unless you are playing hardcore. The most time consuming part is reaching level 85, the rest is easily done. It sounds more like you don't like the challenges.

Last edited by StumpyJoe on Oct 26, 2015, 7:37:12 PM
League is not hard, but most part of the game is ANNOYING, rather than challenging
I still don't think trading is that bad. I just really want a way to speed it up. Either being able to trade cross-instance, or having the ability to teleport directly to someone's hideout if they invite you.

I played Trove (yes) for a while, and the trading is the same as POE's except it doesn't even have an XYZ website. When you find a seller/buying in trade chat or the forum, you can just talk to and invite them directly to you for a quick trade.

I mean, it won't fix things like wanting to buy/sell something when either player is offline, but it would ease the process.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
Kellog wrote:
I believe the game is far from dead but it does need a radical shake-up. For me, the most glaring area in need of change is the way content is delivered and to some extent, the content itself.

Right now we have:

1. Here's the content, go run it.
2. Then run it again
3. and again
4. Then you can do theses crazy things called maps. At useful levels they're stupidly expansive to run and maintain and you won't get much back by way of reward. However, if you keep running the same few maps over and over and over and over again you might reach level 100! In the mean time we'll be doing everything we can to make that possibility as difficult as possible.

I'm not sure what the answer is but there must be some way to break-up the linearity as well as the need to run the same areas over and over and over again.

Is it 2015? Are there still people who doesn't know how to map?

I mean, guys, really, there has been like 2 or 3 buffs, one after another, to the average map level, map drop rate and whatnot. What do you want to happen? 82 maps rain upon you?
Also, you don't need to get level 100 to be complete. If you want to, sure, but this will MASSIVE grind. Not every single player should be able to do it, because if every player could do it, it wouldn't be any achievement at all.

Mapping is fine. to be honest, mapping WAS fine, but there were so many not-so-good players complaining over and over again, how they can't sustain max level maps, that GGG buffed it a little. And before that... yeah, mapping WAS FINE.
So seeing that there are still people who can't get around mapping, I guess even 10 more buffs won't make some people happy.

But I sure agree about the way content is delivered - not in the way of maps, but in the way of challenge leagues. :-V

@GooberM
Trove? You mean, Minecraft? ;=D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 27, 2015, 1:54:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info