Code of Conduct and Valued Posters

wtv.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Oct 19, 2015, 10:46:58 PM
Awesome changes.

Haters gonna hate! As Clive called it, hopefully this brings back the leavers.
Stay a while and listen!
Nvm :)

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : no longer relevant
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Oct 20, 2015, 8:57:09 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Let the "why can't I be valued?" whining begin.

There will always be whining. Sounds like a good idea - introduce a carrot and remove some sticks.

"
Kricys wrote:
"
Jaille wrote:
"
Jerle wrote:
Wow. Wondering what would be the criteria for making the ranks of valued posters.

probably similar to how people beg for upvotes on leddit

Hit up hearthstone forums, find the first post with green text, check their history. Seems it's what this valued poster thing is modeled after. Basically a talking encyclopedia with an extremely politically correct opinion.

Well, yeah - there actually are players like that. Of course they wouldn't give additional credence to the more aggressive posters. It simply doesn't make sense. There will be bruised egos about this, but c'est la vie. I suppose the VPs will be players active mostly in the gameplay and build sections with little or no probations.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 19, 2015, 11:20:53 PM
"
I suppose the VPs will be players active mostly in the gameplay and build sections with little or no probations.

Native speakers is probably a strong criteria aswell :)

It's a great intention wich hopefuly will help players on forum sadly each time i experienced this on a game forum as a player or manager of a team like that it ended to a big headed party and the service has been removed, considered as a fail leaving the job to salary and not volunteers anymore.

Wishe the best possible experience to futur Vps :)
Hf :)
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
I suppose the VPs will be players active mostly in the gameplay and build sections with little or no probations.

Native speakers is probably a strong criteria aswell :)

It's a great intention wich hopefuly will help players on forum sadly each time i experienced this on a game forum as a player or manager of a team like that it ended to a big headed party and the service has been removed, considered as a fail leaving the job to salary and not volunteers anymore.

Wishe the best possible experience to futur Vps :)

Not necessarily native, just people who can express themselves and write more or less well. Some native speakers actually have bad English. Although I don't think this will be more than a secondary consideration.

I think this is a bit optimistic on GGG's part. They continue on their quest to make the forum nicer. Their previous, highly invasive attempt failed - the forum became deader, not nicer, so they are now trying an alternative and more constructive approach. I doubt it will work as they want it to for the simple reason that people are generally not nice and you can't just change them with 'proper' forum policies. The VP title will become an ego trip for some and a source of frustration for some others, a third and probably predominant demographic will just ignore it.

However, this is a much better option than the previous restrictive moderation.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 20, 2015, 12:17:11 AM
"

I hereby obviously nominate myself for many obvious reasons.

You are indeed a trusted member of the community. I can always trust you to post Arnod pics. Therefore, I support your gracious nomination.

*Arnold.jpg*
Last edited by Bars on Oct 20, 2015, 12:19:02 AM
"
However, I'm this is a much better option than the previous restrictive moderation.

Well can't say much about past or actual moderation beeing restrictive have to admit i havn't payed much attention to that point so far and any of my interactions with support has been handled in a professional way in pm or in forum threads.

"
They continue on their quest to make the forum nicer. Their previous, highly invasive attempt failed - the forum became deader, not nicer, so they are now trying an alternative and more constructive approach. I doubt it will work as they want it to for the simple reason that people are generally not nice and you can't just change them with 'proper' forum policies.

Forum is both a community place and a tool for GGG to handle problems the fact is players leave a forum for numerous reasons.

The important thing isn't to get those players back to forum in priority but to improve it for those who stay on and the new players who subscribe to it.

Maybe others will back on it aswell who know ? If not i don't see it as a drama; games are a hobbie nothing is forcing any player to go on forum at all ^^

Handling so many forum sections while working on some others things aside is kinda hard leading to some " quality loss " between support participation and player demand.

Regarding to that there are some ways like asking moderators team to give more focus on x or y sections; Creating thread with known issues or even guide to solve them and after reachning that point Vps are probably a good way to go.

I don't see anything worse than feeling ignored in an help section on a game's official forum.

Regarding actual forum global activity it has been better but i'm pretty optimistic on this point.
The thing is there arn't many reasons to go on it since we got third party tools for everything **HUR**HUR**HUR** :D:D:D:D ( this is ironic eheh :D ).

One step at a time. Wait and see.

Hf :)
Sounds reasonable.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Pretty useful tool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info