Enhancing Poison

"
Mokihiki wrote:
Poison is a distinct form of chaos damage over time similar to how ignite is a distinct form of fire damage over time.

right I remember now, it's a status effect like, ignite, chill and shock, thanks for replying
Last edited by Coal48 on Oct 18, 2015, 11:14:42 PM
consuming dark incinerate, please no more :(
I sorry I'm not following the post 100%, can Chaos damage poison on it's own now like Lighting can shock? Or do I still have to use a specific item/gem to apply poisons?
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!
Last edited by LostArtz on Oct 18, 2015, 11:21:09 PM
"
"
I assume poison stacks will only go up to 300 or so like ignite stacks with Emberwake do?

Eventually, poison build will be better than burning since they don't require a ring slot to make infinite/finite poison stacks to work. Seems very overpowered.

Love,
Bunny

Yeah, perhaps. I was mostly asking because of technical stuff GGG mentioned regarding all those ignite stacks causing computer problems.

If poison is going to be able to stack and the initial hit will be able to crit then they're going to have a lot of rebalancing to do... With Emberwake they got around the rebalance issue by both making crits not give additional damage and by lowering burning damage significantly.

Cute sig by the way. ^^
"
ZrxLvR wrote:
Does this mean another re-spec?

Wondering this as well guys.
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
"
LostArtz wrote:
I sorry I'm not following the post 100%, can Chaos damage poison on it's own now like Lighting can shock? Or do I still have to use a specific item/gem to apply poisons?

Also, [The Consuming Dark] ? I'm assuming this is an exception?

Chaos damage doesn't normally poison on its own. It requires specific uniques (like The Consuming Dark) or passives to poison, and it's looking like they're going to redo or add some Ranger area nodes to let poison happen in different ways.
So if Poison Arrow won't be affected, this means that it'll scale with the same sources of damage, right? Damage Over Time, Projectile, Area Damage, Damage, and Chaos Damage?

I just spent 20 ex on a perfect jewel, and was planning to get more. But don't want to keep doing so if any of these will change.

Aside from this, this is exciting news, I love DoT effects and if done well, this could be very satisfying to play.
dont break something in pvp meta please. :) you hear me devs? dont!

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I will be expecting a Poison Dart Totem.
It is about time a self contained Attack Totem existed.

I strongly propose it somehow not be linked to the players weapon so that it can be used carrying a melee weapon.

Looking forward to it!
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Now for us Poison Arrow people, how about a lesser rare version of Drillneck since I saw a guy trying to sell one for 50ex today.. Keep up the great work!!! Let me guess, you're changing PA to Chaos Arrow?
Last edited by Styles1125 on Oct 18, 2015, 11:38:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info