Enhancing Poison

While the ideas and concepts are good,
judging from GGG's [Removed by support] balancing team in making [Removed by support] balance choices most of the time.
It is ok to say that:

Poison inflicting skills will be the only skill top players will use, which is a target they like to balance their skills around.

TLDR:

THIS IS GOING TO BE A MESS.

-END-
Last edited by Laurence_GGG on Oct 18, 2015, 11:09:15 PM
Doesnt this go against one of your design philosophies ? I remember a long time ago you guys said you didnt want poison/chaos damage to be too strong (like in one of the old, old post casts). I mean it certainly sounds like you guys are going for a meta change with this decision. I mean this is just even more of a reason to use a Binos if anything.

Melee Splash shouldnt have ever been nerfed to begin with, soo its good that you guys are atleast bringing it back to how it was (AOE and all), id hope.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Oct 18, 2015, 10:49:18 PM
"
grijnskat wrote:
I love to hear this. Time to reactivate my DoT Chaos/Bleeding Shadow. :)

Just out of curiosity: How will Viper Strike interact with the new support gem? Apply 2 poison stacks on one hit? Or will the "viper poison" still differ from other poison sources and apply 2 debuffs then?

The support and Viper Strike will both have "Hits cause Poison", which won't stack. However, the support does increase Poison Damage, and Viper Strike does boost poison duration, so there is a reason to use them together. There may be other new support gems that Viper Strike would rather use though, depending on the build!
Balance & Design
I assume poison stacks will only go up to 300 or so like ignite stacks with Emberwake do?
Rory with a 16 :P slacker anyway I like these changes all though a few people for some unknown think PA will rip
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
PoisonWave Totems sound good, maybe Poison Evangelists are too! And Vulnerability gets to double dip on physical poison hits...
Stupid question but wasn't chaos just another name for poison? In fact I though that chaos should have been renamed poison, when is chaos not poison?

So now, enemies that have chaos resist won't resist poison, or if you resist chaos you resist poison at the same time?
Last edited by Coal48 on Oct 18, 2015, 11:14:19 PM
"
Rory wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

"
Rory wrote:
We're also improving the power of Melee Splash, and this will give the skill more longevity. The skill also deals much more initial hit damage.

How are you modifying it?
We're currently looking at boosting the base aoe and reducing the damage penalties on Melee Splash in general (Which does have a doubled effect on Degen). The aim is to bring some of the single-target skills, possibly including Viper Strike, more into the end-game meta. There are a handful of limitations, so they may never surpass some player favourites, but there will be new things to try out!

Hooray... Melee splash felt near death after that inexplicable nerf for 2.0.
"
Coal48 wrote:
Probably a stupid question but wasn't chaos just another name for poison? In fact I though that chaos should have been renamed poison, when is chaos not poison?

So now, enemies that have chaos resist won't resist poison, or if you resist chaos you resist poison at the same time?

Poison is a distinct form of chaos damage over time similar to how ignite is a distinct form of fire damage over time.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Aalhamas on Feb 21, 2016, 8:44:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info