Beyond. Punishing, annoying, slowing. (1M FB-Event)

"
kamil1210 wrote:

If someone say that getting more items and more xp per map is no reward why I would read more? But I readed his entire post anyway.

Stopped reading here. But I read your entire post anyway. :>
You think a little bit more xp/items for the hassle is rewarding, he does not. Maybe he has a different feel for the term "reward" than you do. Both are opinions, no facts - none is right.
But the rest of his statement is the same read we have here multiple times, we also had a huge drop of players in hc at the time that Beyond was enabled. Maybe you like beyond, but accept the fact that most people who express their opinion out loud does not!

"
kamil1210 wrote:
if you got bad build you need to make it batter, and that 1 beyond should be fixed because it is borderline bug for me.

They are already fixed (long time ago), if you have problems with any of them, you have to practice more, or get better gear.
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Last edited by kcstar on Oct 12, 2015, 2:51:43 PM
"
Boem wrote:
^being punished for having an AOE build, dayum that's precious mate.

Thanks.

On-topic : beyond should be deactivated for normal difficulty, added in cruel at a lower spawn-rate and go full mental in merciless and maps.

Peace,

-Boem-
I like that idea. I wouldnt completely deactivate it in normal, but have it happen 5x less than now.

the main problem I have with beyond is that its slowing you down a ton when you're leveling. Im fine with that occasionally, but it happens on EVERY big pack. Invasion boss is a great example (invasion still the GOAT league in my book) of something that slows you down but only once per instance and sometimes its optional to kill. beyond packs spawn on every BIG pack.

leveling on beyond with a skill that isnt op is like running each area with fracture mod. sure, in a map with a good build it can be fun. when you're weak and have subpar gear its just bogging you down.
"
Messerschmitt wrote:
Playing a Shock Nova character, I can't help but spawn at least one beyond mob every other decently sized pack and it just ruins the flow of the game. I can kill them, yes, but it's so painfully aggravating.

It's like I am being punished for rolling an AoE class. I came searching for a thread like this when I decided to throw my hands up and surrender in the Pit map boss room where I cannot enter without being blown up within a second after I destroyed several mobs like a good AoE caster would do.

I feel your pain. I've leveled lightning arrow + LMP + Chain with Herald of Ash and I can't help but explode large packs in unison. It makes that one single room hopelessly unplayable.
Looks like we might both be waiting a couple more days for the beyond mod to give us a break.

I can't help but feel if I'd just rerolled my cycloner for this event I wouldn't have any complaints, and that seems kind of broken to me.

"
Boem wrote:

On-topic : beyond should be deactivated for normal difficulty, added in cruel at a lower spawn-rate and go full mental in merciless and maps.

This is a comforting fantasy. I'm going to live in this one instead of reality, thank you.
I'm playing a pierce based ice spear build. I can 1-2 shot most white mobs, 3-4 shot most blues and 5-6 shot most rares. My hp is a bit low at 3.6k but I freeze most of the content that isn't beyond and can kite most things that don't freeze (including beyond bosses).

Beyond has me sticking to mostly tier 3 and lower maps so I can level right now even though I have no trouble with the regular content in most mid tier maps. With beyond on, I just get overwhelmed by high hp flicker strikers and proximity shield spawns.

Beyond is great if you're tanky and have plenty of leech/lgoh or if your dps is just so crazy you kill it all before it can hurt you. For normal builds with average gear, it is an awful slog.

I am really looking forward to Beyond ending so I can start climbing maps.
Just tried leveling an alt thru normal, its just impossible to get past the Barkhul pit in daressos right now.
I even Vaal detonate dead'd an entire screen once the beyond started popping, used an RoA totem and ice shot and its just not happening.
Its just instadeath right now right when you try to reenter an arena pit with a ton of beyond in there. Mashing your entire flask set to even place a totem or blink arrow before you die?, nope.

Think im done till beyond rotates out, its just too fatigueing right now and i dont wanna play my lv80 anymore either.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Tired from this beyond shit.. this league should be callen "Beyond (001F)" 2/30 day without it, and 28/30 with..
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
It's a luck and mostly a build check. If you're AoE in Dar's Dream pits you're basically farked. The previous two acts were basically walk throughs. But in the pits with 2-3k+ mixed HP/ES, doing around 1k to groups or individuals and just catching some strays - I've wound up facing being locked in to the same area with 20-30 beyond critters and the mini-boss. Beyonder's spawning as you're nuking beyonder's and some misc and it just keeps spawing meaner beyonders. Eventually the combo of curses, fast movers, stunners, status changes, and everything just wipes you within hopefully a couple of seconds of entry no matter how you're booking it with Shav's Pace, how many minions you have being meatshields, totems, max'd resists, etc. I say hopefully as if you're there that long you did some good damage.

Glad that most of the mob isn't healing, but if there's a no death or regen aura in there you're just fscked - especially if there's both. There's not even time to figure out who the leader is unless you're reviewing video and willing to lemming to 10-20 deaths.

Not why I was playing and the only thing I can think of is that the Racers and Hardcore players just know enough not to even bother playing big AoE with that mod running.

Edited to include max resist info. Tried that in combo with everything else listed. Didn't help. Coming back after Beyond is done or something is done about the pits and Beyond maybe. I like the invaders otherwise, it's just broken for chain spawns in small locked in areas.
Last edited by Shamandar on Oct 13, 2015, 1:57:46 PM
Only reached cruel act 4 untill killing Kaom so far. Been mostly ok with Beyond, though they could be a lot less predictably frequent. Had some fun moments and good challenge and loot too from them: But then, enter Daressos Dream, and the Barkull (I think hes called that?) arena...

Heehee that arena became so packed Beyond Ridiculous, I think Barkull went to mope in a corner,
could not even see wich Beyond boss/bosses where there from all the other mobs. Died a few times and re-enterening the gate I could not move an inch before nuked in a split second, so I tought no sense trying to thin them out death by death.
Just a pretty casual player,not the toughest or most skilled- but everything else with Beyond mobs around had been quite doable, or skippable if not a boss fight.
Think I`ll wait/farm elsewhere untill Beyond goes on a break, tomorrow I think?

Cheers, otherwise been a fun event!

"
Miarani wrote:
Only reached cruel act 4 untill killing Kaom so far. Been mostly ok with Beyond, though they could be a lot less predictably frequent. Had some fun moments and good challenge and loot too from them: But then, enter Daressos Dream, and the Barkull (I think hes called that?) arena...

Heehee that arena became so packed Beyond Ridiculous, I think Barkull went to mope in a corner,
could not even see wich Beyond boss/bosses where there from all the other mobs. Died a few times and re-enterening the gate I could not move an inch before nuked in a split second, so I tought no sense trying to thin them out death by death.
Just a pretty casual player,not the toughest or most skilled- but everything else with Beyond mobs around had been quite doable, or skippable if not a boss fight.
Think I`ll wait/farm elsewhere untill Beyond goes on a break, tomorrow I think?

Cheers, otherwise been a fun event!

Sometimes my own limitations get the better of me.

This event has been okay so far for me, but not as challenging as I would have wished until I got to this almost unique mechanic. Mervail's room is another just in mechanical scope, but easily accomplished in so many ways. It's when you can't avoid killing things that's the issue - but that could easily be intended as a 'lesson'. AoE (or maybe distributed/non-specifically targetable damage) tends to rule aside from the gimmick builds - but single target or maybe just more severely localized massive damage is more highly important for some situations than I thought too. If you can have both you're golden. Lame CoC/discharge mechanic builds come to mind.

Cheers - has been extremely frustrating, but I have learned that I need to use other builds just to participate/progress. If it gets too RSS even for me, I'll just have to not play. I've been out of the FPS/OG 'twitch' market for a while now. :)
Honestly, what I get out of beyond is "Play either an Ice build, or a cookie cutter build that's so op you can 1 shot nearly anything that moves"

We have no reason aside from more loot to kill these mobs, they're overly frustrating when you look at a mob group and have to factor in, 6 mobs probably a beyond pack too. So any pack with above 4 mobs in it, which is virtually EVERY pack in the game, is going to spawn beyond. Great.

What do players get for killing beyond besides a headache? Little to nothing.

It's so stupid that I can't fathom who was hitting a crack pipe when this league was "designed".

We have reflects for single target heavy hitters, corrupting blood for the multi-hit builds, Volatile X for melee range, and what's this? Bonus mobs from wave clear builds.

It's literally beginning to feel like Devs are playing a TCG or game of Chess against Players.
You're countering key build theories and leaving very little room for error. So I propose a solution, why doesn't GGG just post at character creation "Hey, you should probably use one of these OP builds from X streamers since anything else is just going to rip repeatedly and you'll get no where in this league". Why? Simply because if anyone wants to do something NON meta, you get heavily penalized for it.

Let's assume we take the advice of Chris, and use an Ice build. We literally have 3 options (assuming we are playing a caster)
Cold Snap
Arctic Breath
Ice Spear

All of these are inclusive with the damage bonus of Herald of Ice.
So we're exclusively ice to counter beyond until, +40% Cold resist when we start mapping, along with EVERY champion and above mob having "Resists Elemental Damage".

Your game contradicts your own fucking suggestions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info