Beyond. Punishing, annoying, slowing. (1M FB-Event)

"
Good it should be challenging for once.

Challenge = Instant-Spawn-1-Shot with no warning
More news at 11 from fanboys who destroys the game.

But Beyond got nerfed quite heavily, you should have seen it on release, flicker striking swordsmen with degen aura.. I doubt GGG even playtest anything anylonger.

I'll agree on bosses are overtuned for no real purpose, when top-end PCs starts to drop in FPS like constantly when meeting one, then it's time to fix it.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Oct 12, 2015, 8:06:09 AM
I would just play some days of beyond, but honestly? 8 days, come on guys 3 mod circles in a row is just not normal, I think it is punishing for "squishy" clearspeed builds, I like builds like CoC wander or elemental cyclone, on which i just take enough hp to survive 2-3 big attacks in a row supplied with either tons of LGoH or just some Leech but those flickering degen mobs and the slowing perma-casters just make all the non "tank" builds worthless, you lose more exp than gaining the moment you enter Merci with beyond on those builds.
So yeah my problem wasn't just the mod itself as I would just normally play it for some time, it's the fact that 3-4 mod circles with a pretty large mod pool have 3 circles of the same mod in a row (yes i count the all mods days as well since the days before AND after beyond was active also).
"
Nurgus wrote:
not being able to sustain a map pool with actual droprates is not ... hilarious :D

Actually it's possible to sustain quiet high level maps now I believe. But it requires a lot of game knowledge, a lot of trading, rotating maps, lot of other nonsense that I just can't be bothered with anymore.
"

Ther is only 1 beyond that can one shoot you if you are not underprepared for map you are doing.

blood elemental: bombs that take time to explode
fire demon: flame blasts that take long time to explode
lightning demon: set up lightnings marks that kil you only if you stay in the same spot for long time
cold demon: nova of ice spear is can kill you fast but only if you stay on top of demon.
abathox: if his skelletons can one hit you then idk what you are doing.

Only thing that can insta kill you is beyond rare with reflect.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 12, 2015, 9:36:31 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Stopped reading here. If you got good build

Stopped reading here.

"
kamil1210 wrote:
"

Ther is only 1 beyond that

Stopped reading again.

My 2 cents: Beyond in it's current form is annoying!
If anyone think it's fun, good for you... your opinion, not mine...
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Last edited by kcstar on Oct 12, 2015, 11:35:08 AM
I like beyond when its for 2 days or so but this 1 week of beyond have put me of the game completely, its just to invasive like none of the other mods even matter ill be glad when its gone.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
kcstar wrote:
"
kamil1210 wrote:

Stopped reading here. If you got good build

Stopped reading here.

"
kamil1210 wrote:
"

Ther is only 1 beyond that

Stopped reading again.

If someone say that getting more items and more xp per map is no reward why I would read more? But I readed his entire post anyway.

"
the fact that the biggest part of the community

Just showed that I should reading long before...

if you got bad build you need to make it batter, and that 1 beyond should be fixed because it is borderline bug for me.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 12, 2015, 1:58:05 PM
Anyone saying it's fine clearly wasn't leveling characters with beyond being active.

A week in a row is too much. More than half the event with beyond active is....depressing.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
It's complete garbage how Beyond is given so much time. It was great at first but then it just makes everything such a drag. Playing a Shock Nova character, I can't help but spawn at least one beyond mob every other decently sized pack and it just ruins the flow of the game. I can kill them, yes, but it's so painfully aggravating.

It's like I am being punished for rolling an AoE class. I came searching for a thread like this when I decided to throw my hands up and surrender in the Pit map boss room where I cannot enter without being blown up within a second after I destroyed several mobs like a good AoE caster would do.

Spoiler

That's about half the mobs because I managed to whirl out before getting stomped (because WB also sucks as a movement boost when not in hallways). That's at level 71 with about 3k life, 1600 ES with MoM, maximum resistances and a Cast on Stun + Temporal Chains + Immortal Call setup...which I cannot really use since I can't even get Endurance Charges.

Personally, if there wasn't an armor set reward, there's no way in hell that I would keep playing. The game gets harder as it progresses through maps whereas Beyond is just in your face at any given level 'just because', whether you can handle it or not.

I'm by no means MLG pro gamer but as an average player, which is likely the majority of the players, I would say that It's definitely doing more harm than good. Have Beyond, sure, but it should have been reserved to 2 day blocks rather than a full week almost right out of the gate.
^being punished for having an AOE build, dayum that's precious mate.

Thanks.

On-topic : beyond should be deactivated for normal difficulty, added in cruel at a lower spawn-rate and go full mental in merciless and maps.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info