Easy fix for the ridiculous stupid map system

The Problem:
No matter how many times GGG adjusts the map drop rate there will always be people that get lucky and people that get royally screwed over. Why? RNG DUH! (I can't wrap my head around why they are still trying)

So here is the fix.
1. Every map has a 100% chance to drop a map of the same level (Like Zana quest)
2. Reduce the drop change of other maps significantly
Optional
3. Map bosses have a higher percentage of the 100%
4. Adjust Zana map prices
5. Adjust map exp

Lets see what changes:
Risk vs Reward.
If you can do a map you are rewarded with another map so you can continue
If you can't do a map and screw up you lost your streak you have to buy a map or use one of your stash. Stashes will be much small, because we reduced the map drop rate!

If you choose to skip bosses your 100% is no 100% anymore so you risk to loose your map streak. If you risk dying to a boss u get your 100% map chance.

Map distribution between players is much much much more even. I predict there will be no more map drop threads in the forum :P

Map prices will increase as maps drops are now really rare and the ones who need another map to go on will likely pay a high price.

Did I miss something? What do you guys think?
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Are u fucking kidding me 5 sec and this thread is in feedback. THIS IS A FUCKING DISCUSSION.

I asked if i missed something and what people think. I don't care what GGG thinks they do what they want. FFS

edit:
To clear thing up. I made another thread because this one was move so fast that I thought it didn't even get posted. And from all I heard and seen discussion is dead in Feedback. Thats why I was pissed.
"This is a Buff"
Last edited by restinpieces0815 on Oct 10, 2015, 4:55:58 PM
wrong and wrong

I want to discuss this this is not for GGG. I even made another thread because I thought I didn't get posted, because they moved it within 5 seconds of posting WTF

If you can't do a map you you loose the streak
If you skip bosses there is chance to loose your streak

You sound like it is a bad thing to be able to do endgame content.
"This is a Buff"
Last edited by restinpieces0815 on Oct 10, 2015, 3:27:45 PM
Sigh.

If every map dropped a map of same level, then no one would need to use currency on maps. So no one would. White maps all day.

White maps are boring as hell. But there are large numbers of players who will do the min-max thing even if it's boring. So they'd still just run white maps all day.

To correct this, GGG needs to weave into the game a tool which ensures players use currency on maps, for both economic and gameplay variety reasons. Limited sustainability is that tool.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
You think discussion doesn't happen in this forum? This is the right place for it. 99% of threads are made by somebody who wants a discussion. You want to get rid of all subforums and just have bug reports and general discussion? Every thread is a FUCKING DISCUSSION as you put it. Do you not want GGG to listen to it? You just want to discuss it with other players but not as feedback for the devs to change what you don't like?

Why bother having maps drop at all if you are guaranteed getting one of equal or greater value? Just have your map device always open a random map between the level of your last map and that level +1.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Oct 10, 2015, 3:42:02 PM
Just wow, you guys seem to be so used to this shit, that don't even realizer how bad it is or can't even think outside the box

There are ZERO games out there, where endgame content is gated by luck or ingame wealth.
I never EVER heard anybody complaining about a 100% Baal Room.

"
There are lots of ways to "do endgame content" that don't involved GUARANTEED map drops OF THE SAME LEVEL. Just a terrible balance idea. And then reduce the drop rates outside of that guaranteed drop? Just no please.

I'm really baffled. My idea was to spread the maps evenly between players and allow them to do endgame content without RNG but at the same time have a risk of loosing it and pay for it to get going again.
There are million ways to still make player loose currency even if there is no RNG on the maps

So everybody is chisseling and orbing just for the map drops... thats even worser then I thought. I thought people are doing it for the drops.

"
Why bother having maps drop at all if you are guaranteed getting one of equal or greater value? Just have your map device always open a random map between the level of your last map and that level +1.

Did you even think 5 sec about my suggestion? Having the map drop ensured that you HAVE TO beat the map if you can't you loose it.

Map drops beside the same level are needed because you need to get up the map range. So the getting up a map level still has some RNG to it.

"This is a Buff"
stupid idea how to fix maps that don't need to be fixed #624
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 10, 2015, 4:00:15 PM
"
are u fucking kidding me 5 sec and this thread is in feedback. THIS IS A FUCKING DISCUSSION.

"

Did you even think 5 sec about my suggestion?

Hillarious
Stay a while and listen!
Map drop rates were corrected pretty well last patch. I alch/chisel 76/tier 9 maps and up, and I've been moving up progressively. I'm on map #215 now and I'm doing 79/80s exclusively at the moment.

Just play the game and you'll get maps. I don't believe map drop criticism is valid any longer with things as they are now.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Sigh.

If every map dropped a map of same level, then no one would need to use currency on maps. So no one would. White maps all day.

White maps are boring as hell. But there are large numbers of players who will do the min-max thing even if it's boring. So they'd still just run white maps all day.

To correct this, GGG needs to weave into the game a tool which ensures players use currency on maps, for both economic and gameplay variety reasons. Limited sustainability is that tool.

It's a poor tool, because it creates long periods of time were players are running boring content.

Heck, if the only reason people are spending currency on maps is so they can run maps, I see that as a pretty big fail. Bonuses to quantity, rarity, and pack size should provide sufficient incentive to increase map difficulty (if those bonuses actually led to a more rewarding experience, which they don't seem to, because the largest determinant of anything seems to be the map seed, which overshadows your rolled pack size, + magic monsters, quantity, everything).

Beyond that they could, for example, add a XP bonus to certain map mods or gate various item categories to quantity thresholds (i.e. map must have minimum 60 quantity to unlock the chance of getting divination cards, etc).

There are many ways to retain maps as a currency sink, without forcing players to grind content that is so trivial the greatest challenge is not to fall asleep.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info