Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

How should incinerate be rebalanced? Vote now

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
You realize that 200k picture is with max buffs, right?

I have a freeze pulser that can screenshot 600k tooltip.

In the same gear, with the same tree, with a different gem set up and not TTshwiiinging, she shows 50k tooltip stood in HO.

Guess which one I actually use, clue, it's the one with the highest clear speed.

Ok so ignore the 200k guy, don't have personal experience with him. There's still the 63k LMP guy with 8k life who I've mapped with. 63k LMP is realistically 203k on other skills. And if you have 200k tooltip on freeze pulse, you're only doing that damage at the initial part of its range. After that you're only doing a portion of that damage. Whereas Incinerate gets to do full damage at full range.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
You realize that 200k picture is with max buffs, right?

I have a freeze pulser that can screenshot 600k tooltip.

In the same gear, with the same tree, with a different gem set up and not TTshwiiinging, she shows 50k tooltip stood in HO.

Guess which one I actually use, clue, it's the one with the highest clear speed.

Ok so ignore the 200k guy, don't have personal experience with him. There's still the 63k LMP guy with 8k life who I've mapped with. 63k LMP is realistically 203k on other skills. And if you have 200k tooltip on freeze pulse, you're only doing that damage at the initial part of its range. After that you're only doing a portion of that damage. Whereas Incinerate gets to do full damage at full range.

But freeze pulse provides the ability to crit and freeze as well. You are trying to compare apples to oranges and neglecting the benefits of different spells, if you truly wish for PoE to be that homogenized I think you will be seriously disappointed. If you were going to compare spell like lightning tentrilis to freeze pulse, that would be a closer comparision, yet still not apples to apples.

For range incinerate doesn't really matter too much, you want enough so you don't have to melee mobs, but using things like faster proj on self cast is completely stupid as you lose out on great DPS support gems, so you limit yourself to faster proj on tree\wand, which forces you to gear specifically.

Do I think incinerate is good, yes, do I think it needs nerfed, probably not it isn't anywhere close to the old flameblast\prolif power and spell casters are already suffering now, nerfing incinerate will just move people onto other FOTM builds, WHICH AREN"T SPELL CASTERS!
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Do I think incinerate is good, yes, do I think it needs nerfed, probably not it isn't anywhere close to the old flameblast\prolif power and spell casters are already suffering now, nerfing incinerate will just move people onto other FOTM builds, WHICH AREN"T SPELL CASTERS!

So basically you just said if you want the best spellcaster you choose incinerate and that other spells are so behind it if you want to play an op build you should do something else.

You've just proven how op it is, ironically
"
grepman wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

So basically you just said if you want the best spellcaster you choose incinerate and that other spells are so behind it if you want to play an op build you should do something else.

Nerfing incinerate, which is the only spell thats good doesn't actually make other spells good. Don't you fucking see that?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Nerfing incinerate, which is the only spell thats good doesn't actually make other spells good. Don't you fucking see that?
1. I don't think Incinerate is the only spell which is good. Unless by good you mean OP. In which case: you're probably right.
2. When it comes to skill selection, nerfing one skill does make other skills better, because it makes them better choices. Skills compete against other skills as far as balance is concerned.
3. I think the point you are trying to make is: if you nerf Incinerate and do not buff other skills, the result is that the game is just as hard, not easier, than as if you had just been using those other skills in the first place. In essence, nerfing Incinerate doesn't make other skills better against enemies. As I said earlier, skill vs skill is the primary here, but on the PvE angle, a nerf to maximum skill potential is essentially an increase in enemy survivability/difficulty, at least from a certain specific, narrow min-max angle.
4. I'm not opposed to increasing monster difficulty from a certain specific, narrow min-max angle.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 13, 2015, 1:58:42 PM
How about incinerate gets nerfed 10% or dmg over l20 gets nerfed 20%, im tired of seeing ggg nerf things into the ground.
"
Fhark wrote:
How about incinerate gets nerfed 10% or dmg over l20 gets nerfed 20%, im tired of seeing ggg nerf things into the ground.
As I said before (but spread over several posts) is that this is what I'd like to see in terms of Incinerate changes:
1. Lightning Tendrils and Incinerate exchange manacost structures: Incinerate now fires four times per cast, has a cast time of 0.8 seconds, and has mana cost similar to 2.0 Lightning Tendrils. The player gains an Incinerate stack at the end of every 0.8 second skill use. Lightning Tendrils now fires one time per cast, has a cast time of 0.2 seconds, and has a mana cost similar to 2.0 Incinerate (except much lower at low levels).
2. (optional) Echoes no longer can gain Incinerate stacks: You can still support Incinerate with Spell Echo, but the echo doesn't count towards gaining Incinerate stacks. Using the support means trading off more cast speed (good) with slower stack gain (bad).

I wouldn't make any other changes to damage, or damage effectiveness, whatsoever. And for players who want free spells for 100% reservation tactics, they'd still have something to use, but it wouldn't have the internal synergy with zero-cost which Incinerate has.

In fact, I probably wouldn't even do #2. I think it might be a good idea, but testing #1 first would be the best strategy. One change at a time, rather than changing everything at once.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 13, 2015, 2:10:56 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Nerfing incinerate, which is the only spell thats op doesn't actually make other spells op. Don't you fucking see that?
fixed that for ya. And yea I see the fixed version.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:
As I said before (but spread over several posts) is that this is what I'd like to see in terms of Incinerate changes:
1. Lightning Tendrils and Incinerate exchange manacost structures: Incinerate now fires four times per cast, has a cast time of 0.8 seconds, and has mana cost similar to 2.0 Lightning Tendrils. The player gains an Incinerate stack at the end of every 0.8 second skill use. Lightning Tendrils now fires one time per cast, has a cast time of 0.2 seconds, and has a mana cost similar to 2.0 Incinerate (except much lower at low levels).
2. (optional) Echoes no longer can gain Incinerate stacks: You can still support Incinerate with Spell Echo, but the echo doesn't count towards gaining Incinerate stacks. Using the support means trading off more cast speed (good) with slower stack gain (bad).

I wouldn't make any other changes to damage, or damage effectiveness, whatsoever. And for players who want free spells for 100% reservation tactics, they'd still have something to use, but it wouldn't have the internal synergy with zero-cost which Incinerate has.

In fact, I probably wouldn't even do #2. I think it might be a good idea, but testing #1 first would be the best strategy. One change at a time, rather than changing everything at once.
to some people op=good simply because they don't like current meta and don't want to play by ggg 's new meta rules. So anything that can give the same dynamics as old meta is "good" and anything else is not good.

What's funny is that everyone still admits incinerate is miles better than most skills . There's no denying it. 100 will always be greater relative to 80, no matter whether one thinks 80 or 100 is the needed baseline
"
zalfargia wrote:
http://poal.me/kklg6x

I made a thread on reddit a day ago. GGG does listen to feedback, so let's tell them what we think. It's gotten nearly 200 responses so far.

If your choice isn't there, put out some ideas in this thread, and hopefully GGG will listen.

Incinerate is fine. Leave it alone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info