Map Changes in 2.0.4

"
Chris wrote:
In order to resolve this confusion, maps now display a tier rather than a level. The level can easily be calculated. Tier 1 is level 68.

So, in order to make things simpler, we'll have to calculate levels ? This is just silly. What about itemlevel of drops ? For example, regal recipe. ilvl 75 = map level 75. Or ilvl 75 = map tier 8. Which one sounds more confusing ? Yes, it is easy to calculate but... why ?

Just make level 80 maps actually balanced for level 80 players, and then add maps and map levels up to 90ish. Boom, problem solved.

EDIT: also, entropy system for map drops, please ?
Last edited by MisterKedan on Sep 24, 2015, 9:38:33 AM
"
NoNamium wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Truper17 wrote:
Balancing the endgame around a handful of players who enjoy playing like rabid weasels on speed for 18 hours a day for days on end makes perfect sense.

Fixed. The changes don't affect you if you're not said no-lifer.

And that's exactly the problem...

bingo
people like achevhievement, advancement, power... but ggg gives the opposite
Why not just add level 84-100 maps so players can run their level? That would make far more sense. Wouldn't need to have unique design nor new bosses. Simply level 100 Crypt/Grotto/Tropical Island for those special ones. I'd welcome some kind of reward for grinding til 100. Personally, I start losing interest in my character and maps at 75-80 for it just doesn't lead anywhere.
Path Of Exile Community Highlights
youtube.com/mireklefou
Soon in POE will remain only streamers if GGG will not figure out something really fast...
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
These changes sound really great now I might be able to get out of my 74-76 area.
I'm just not a fan of the removal of Map levels I don't feel like I want to spent time counting for finding out what level the map is.
Just a suggestion but why not make it so when you press Alt instead of showing the itemlevel from the map show the map level?
Itemlevel is useless to be shown on Maps anyways and by that you can implement the Tiers on Maps without it being a big issue.
Map drop increase...want to believe...not sure why can't...
"
Lordsidro wrote:
"
Prisma01 wrote:
Loving the controversy.

Just an opinion:

Why not both? Why not a three way?

Why not map level and tier?
Why not map level, tier and increased xp?

From 68's to 75's
We could get a Grotto - Tier 1 (easy)
We could get a Pit - Tier 3 (difficult)

From 75's to 82's
We could get an Arsenal - Tier 1 (easy)
We could get a Colosseum - Tier 5 (very difficult)

Upper tiers could give more xp. More IIR, IIQ. More map dropping.

I mean, you could take the idea and form a new way of looking into endgame. Not just the way to 100, but the way in which build would feel more safe, more challenged or more rewarding.

I think that GGG is really hitting something here, but it's not quite there yet.

Can't we really have both? Or more?

Thank you, good job!

huh this sounds interesting except there are so many "tiers"

Would require a full rework but very interesting.

Thank you, like I said, I really think that GGG is hitting something.

I know that GGG doesn't want to make the game easy.
I know that GGG doesn't want to confuse players.
I know that GGG doesn't want to push away players, top ones or Hillock ones

Who the hell wants that?

GGG has to make 2 things:

A change that the majority of players will approve and improve gaming.
A change that'll take time for the players to get used to.

Meaning: Happiness and Confusion

Kind of what we have here. :D
"
zeldzioszka wrote:
Soon in POE will remain only streamers if GGG will not figure out something really fast...

Correction : Soon in POE will remain only players with no job or life if GGG will not figure out something really fast...
I think these little changes are great. I also think the tone of the announcement is wholesome.

Keep it up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info