Map Changes in 2.0.4

Nice to see work on the maps, but the statements in the OP seem to be aimed at actually making the game less enjoyable, or maybe I'm understanding them wrong.

"High level maps run through Zana" is a mystery to me since Zana doesn't offer any high level maps in the first place.

Reducing the perceived need for high-level maps by even further increasing the grind level seems rather backwards to me.

Relabeling the map levels into tiers looks like a cover-up rather than a solution to a problem. So now there still won't be adequate content for high level players, they still will get massive XP gain penalties even on the highest level maps, they will have to grind even more than before, and it somehow should feel better because now the maps are labeled with "tiers" instead of "levels"? I'm afraid the only logic that I can see in that would require a rather cynical attitude on behalf of GGG, and I don't really want to believe that.

What I'm taking away from this announcement, is that GGG remains very focused on keeping high-profile players inside the grinding wheel, while continually making the game less attractive for people like me. Not sure if that was the intention, but it's the impression I get. :(
Last edited by Psyringe on Sep 23, 2015, 11:13:49 PM
kool
"
Chris wrote:
As a side note, this makes it hard to distinguish between old (pre-Awakening) unique maps and their post-Awakening counterparts. It may be best to put them in different places in your stash.

Doesn't the old maps still use the old icons?

Ground Effects
How about the issue of Ground Effects murdering FPS even in predictive mode? :(
more bad changes yay
ign sooner
Will these changes be in the standard league or just the 1 month league?
This is all great news but I have some concerns here.

First off, I do not agree with the tier naming system. New players will not know what maps are what level before they start mapping. Maps can start dropping at Level 60 and players can reach the map device in Act 3 Merciless well before being ready to run a 68 map. It will also be confusing to always have to remember what maps are what level without it being displayed on the map itself (yes even with how long I've played I still forget sometimes). If you don't want to do away with this tier system, then at least put the map level on there, but hide it unless we hold alt (just like iLevel).

I also do not agree with nerfing the exp gain of the top maps. Just because a few players get lucky with drops and/or share high maps and reach Level 100 in 2 weeks doesn't mean the exp gain from those maps should be nerfed for everyone. I say leave it as is, as the few people reaching Level 100 this quickly are not representative of the community as a whole.

Also, until ground effects are much better optimized, I suggest removing them until you fix them. These fixes here are nice, but if there is a lot more to do then I say remove them until that is all done just so players stop complaining about them during that time.

Just my thoughts on this.
Renaming maps tier 7 instead of level 75 does not make it ok for a person who is lvl 95 to be stuck running that bracket.
Mapping is horrible and i think it needs a bigger rework than adding colors to the maps..
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Renaming maps tier 7 instead of level 75 does not make it ok for a person who is lvl 95 to be stuck running that bracket.

+1
As long as 77+ maps a bit more common I'm a happy with the changes.

Hopefully Master Dailys will be increased in tiers a bit too ^^
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info