Map Changes in 2.0.4

Nice !!
(🌸°__°)
Mirror service thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1743892
Indeed Knightmare.
Last edited by Path_of_Illusion on Sep 24, 2015, 8:47:33 AM
"
nadakuu wrote:

I wish they would stop balancing the game around people who can play the game 8 hours a day or more and add content that is higher level and allowing more players to finish out their builds.

Right what I feel. The has to offer some difficulty but it also has to make it viable for players to finish their build. What happens is that depending on itens and lvls to build something feels more painful and desperate in the end then satisfying. The more you depend on some itens that are T1 Uniques or some rare with a good damage, the more you suffer being unable to progress, since those never drop for you and are a rip off to be obtained from others. You can't lvl because of the xp penalities and you can't progress further because of the map drop system, that I believe will still be trolling unless some significant changes is made (like why not make a make drop maps from -2 to +2, with the same random chance of either of those droping? this would make map progress very natural in the game, since high lvl players are supposed to play the end game content and not to grind low 70 maps so that you one day will run some 80ish map)
Last edited by DarkenLord on Sep 24, 2015, 8:34:27 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
I am very pleased with these changes and completely agree that reaching 100 had become to easy. Also those fixed to ground effects is something I personally look very much forward to :D

Your character is lvl 98. I cannot see your other characters, but assuming this is your highest and impressive as that is, maybe "...reaching 100 had become to easy." isn't exactly on point.

I wish that people claiming that 100 is too easy, was only made by the ones who actually have a level 100 character and reached this goal within a too short period of time.

Kind regards
NoNamium
"
nadakuu wrote:
too easy to get to 100?

Fucking morons some of us have a life and making it take longer to get to 100 just makes me not want to even play. They need to add higher level maps to reduce the grind, not making it longer.
This is a cheap way of extending game life.
It isn't fun to play countless hours only to die to a lag spike and lose possibly a weeks progress.
The 1% min gain for xp was already making it take twice as long and a pain in the ass in my opinion to go above 90, let alone to 100.

I wish they would stop balancing the game around people who can play the game 8 hours a day or more and add content that is higher level and allowing more players to finish out their builds.

Very poor game design choice.

The issue with this is.. If they balance the game around people playing less than 8 hours a day what about the people who still play 12-16 hours day? You cant stop people from playing more and the more you play the more you will see so if they were to balance the game around people who play less then the people who play more still will just steamroll their way to 100 in a week. Im not saying theres an easy fix for this because there isnt. Its just like in D3.. If you have 16 hours a day to play that game you will achieve paragon 1000 in a week which in turns gives you a significant advantage over people still paragon 300. And theres nothing that can be done about it. If they make it easier for people to get paragon (Which they did BTW in this last patch) who play less it just makes it that much easier for the people who play constantly to get even higher. So in the end there would be no change other than everyone across the board gets higher just like we are seeing now in that game. That isnt balance thats Power Creep.

The ONLY way i see a change to help with this would be to put a diminishing return on players by time played. So if you only play 4-6 hours a day then you get whatever you get but if a player plays 16 hours a days after around 4-6 hours they would have to start putting a diminishing return on their gains and such to help this out. But im not so sure that would be a good idea either.

At the end of the day ALL games are like this... The more you play the more you see and get. If you play less then me chances are im gonna see more and get more out of the game. You cant expect to play 4 hours a day and see what i see if im playing 16 hours a day thats just impossible no matter what you do. you do the math im doing in one play sitting what it takes you 4 days of the time you play to play the same amount of time. So im doing what take you 4 days to do in 1 day. Obviously the result is im going to be doing ALOT more in my game than you. And theres isnt much that can be done about it other than play more. If you have a job or life or whatever then that just means YOU cant expect to see what Streamers and high end players with more time to invest than you. And you cant rightfully punish players who play more either. That will just drive them off.

This to me sounds more like a problem with a players expectations in the time they have to play is not consistent with the reality of how other players achieve these things. If you know you cant play as much as someone like Etup then dont expect to do what Etup does. Thats the REAL issue here. That has nothing to do with the game that has to do with play expectations being way higher then possible with the time they have to play.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Sep 24, 2015, 9:03:40 AM
Ehh don't worry guys, they're only doing this to prolong their game so that they'll have more time to come up with adding actual content to it. After all, it's not easy to come up with new content for a game like this (esp with a small dev team) but they've gotta keep people playing no? Can't be giving you all the candy at once now can they...Why do you think that there's no Steam achievement for reaching level 100 yet? ;)

Better to just do dailies for now, since the choice is pretty much grind to 100 now while receiving no valuable uniques at all and taking 5 times as long, or wait until they add higher level maps to the game and then grind to 100 while still receiving no valuable uniques at all. But hey, atleast you'll have the level 100 achievement (which I assume they'll add at the same time as higher level maps).

Personally I'd prefer it if GGG focused on adding things to the game which requires 3rd party at the moment. Adding a trade system similiar to poetrade would be a big ask, but it's kinda silly that you even have to download a 3rd party program that adds certain sounds to drops as a way to alert you when a valuable item drops behind you; something that is no problem on D3 due to the legendary ping + star on map. Imagine the off chance that something valuable like an exalt does drop, but not in your line of sight because you don't want to backcheck every time you kill an enemy. I'd be devastated.
Last edited by Path_of_Illusion on Sep 24, 2015, 8:54:25 AM
Changing the map levels into tiers is uncalled for and IMO will do more harm than good.

If you are not sure what map level your character can handle, having "tier" instead of "level" on a map is not going to help you.

You are introducing an unnecessary change that will result in confusing new players (global 1: "What does tier mean?") and adding an extra (unnecessary) mental work for everyone else ("So Plateau is now tier 9, if only I could remember what map level was it before, that would give me better idea whether I should run it now or wait").

Disconnecting the level of zone a map creates and map tier forces you to do extra (unnecessary) mental work in cases when you want to know what itemlevel gear you expect as drops, what map-only uniques can drop, what maps you want to run to be for example 10 levels below your character level, etc.

Complexity is good only as long as it serves a purpose.

Also the argument that this is for new players does not sound right to me. Once you are mapping, you are no longer a new player, you are at least advanced.

Chris, please think hard about this before you implement it.

TLDR
Going from map levels to map tiers adds unnecessary complexity layer when a player is choosing what map level (err, tier) he is going to run.
Last edited by vilik on Sep 24, 2015, 8:53:02 AM
Still nothing to do at level 100.
Still there are a few builds to play effective with no lags and tons of visuial effects in party.
Challenge list is still a check-list with no interesting events like killing all bosses in excavation map withtin 5 seconds etc. Kill all new bosses, collect all new items, use all new things, level some characters again, boring.
"
nadakuu wrote:
too easy to get to 100?

Fucking morons some of us have a life and making it take longer to get to 100 just makes me not want to even play. They need to add higher level maps to reduce the grind, not making it longer.
This is a cheap way of extending game life.
It isn't fun to play countless hours only to die to a lag spike and lose possibly a weeks progress.
The 1% min gain for xp was already making it take twice as long and a pain in the ass in my opinion to go above 90, let alone to 100.

Very poor game design choice.

Common, isn't it enough already to have maps 80+ rather then max 78?
Assuming that yo uare lvl 90:
The best scenario in 1.3 was magic packs in 79 maps (that were vaaled). Magic monsters would give you 12,10% of their total exp. On 2.0, in lvl 82 maps, magic monsters give you 28,5% of their total exp. This means that now you are capped at receiving 2,35 times the exp you could receive before.
Now, magic monsters on maps 79 give you 10,36% of their exp, and on maps 82 they will give 15,46%. Even though the total experience you gain on 2.0.4 is lower than 2.0.3, you still get 27% more experience now than before.

Pls dun h8 m8
Last edited by anakkk on Sep 24, 2015, 9:00:30 AM
Good changes, but why no Zana daily quest buff? She's really bad in her current state.

I also like the change to map levels, not sure what the outcry is about. You people can't do second grade arithmetics?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info