Map Changes in 2.0.4

"
geek_bait wrote:
the high tier map drops won't effect me, since i never go that far, but i really appreciate how much thought was put into it.

this looks like a great change to me.

yea, they have spent atleast 10 minutes on everything in that manifesto....i think it took longer to write that manifesto then actually code those changes
Balancing the game around a handful of players who enjoy playing like rabid weasels on speed for 18 hours a day for days on end makes no sense to me.
"
Truper17 wrote:
Balancing the endgame around a handful of players who enjoy playing like rabid weasels on speed for 18 hours a day for days on end makes perfect sense.

Fixed. The changes don't affect you if you're not said no-lifer.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Sep 24, 2015, 9:15:09 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Good changes, but why no Zana daily quest buff? She's really bad in her current state.

I also like the change to map levels, not sure what the outcry is about. You people can't do second grade arithmetics?

It's not that, people who enjoy this game must have a fair intellectual level anyways. It's about why change somethign that makes us do more math than needed just to know the level of the map is beyond me. I would understand if it supported other changes but at this point is does not so why confuse new and veteran players where it's not needed.
Please, let this be a real improvement. I was pretty pumped when they anounced the last map changes and it even got worse in the end.
This is a buff.
I fail to see how GGG came to the conclusion that more people are running higher level maps through Zana... I mean, wtf? Highest daily I've ever gotten from Zana is a 75. Granted she's only level 7, but from what I hear it doesn't get any better at level 8. I've gotten exactly 1 77 from her before, and that was from finding her in a 77 map lolol.

Also I don't really agree with the Tier changes to maps either, to me this seems more of like a psychological experiment or something. Will you still be able to see mob level when you hit tab?
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Truper17 wrote:
Balancing the endgame around a handful of players who enjoy playing like rabid weasels on speed for 18 hours a day for days on end makes perfect sense.

And that's exactly the problem...
"
nadakuu wrote:
too easy to get to 100?

Fucking morons some of us have a life and making it take longer to get to 100 just makes me not want to even play. They need to add higher level maps to reduce the grind, not making it longer.
This is a cheap way of extending game life.
It isn't fun to play countless hours only to die to a lag spike and lose possibly a weeks progress.
The 1% min gain for xp was already making it take twice as long and a pain in the ass in my opinion to go above 90, let alone to 100.

I wish they would stop balancing the game around people who can play the game 8 hours a day or more and add content that is higher level and allowing more players to finish out their builds.

Very poor game design choice.

I totally agree with you ( morons a part :P ) ....I'm a casual player ....play around 4 hours a day and I realised that this game is designed only for players who can spend a minimum of 8hours a day , and these are the only players who get the best items/build.
Also the economy is a bit messed up , you can buy currency online for real money and I know tons of playes who buy it.

Regarding the new patch 2.0.4 ...finally some balancing , some end boss of lvl68 maps are harder than lvl 75 , Map Tiers : Don't do it. Just DON'T .

Regarding casual playing vs long hours playing : obviously who play longer gets more currencies and gear to build up a strong build , and also if you can spend money you buy currencies online and than buy the gear you need, could be this avoided buy increasing the drop rate of an higher lvl item but decreasing his level ?
Let's say Taryn's Shiver Staff or Pledge of Hands Staff are high lvl item (64 and 68) so very rare drop with low drop rate, so why dont have it drop with 1/2 item level ( lvl30 ) and have also lower stats ....example ....instead have in Pledge of Hands Staff "Gems in this item are Supported by level 30 Spell Echo" you lower to 15 the level of spell echo.

Hope this idea helps , so at least everyone can enjoy a bit the game without investing an insane amount of hours ....and a personal message to Chris Wilson : why make a game only for "hardcore" (who play lots of hours) when you can have even more players play it and therefore more players spending money in the poe shop instead ruining the game buying game currencies for real money ?
Tiers instead of levels? what are you guys doing with your spare time XD completely confusing imo how is tiers supose to make you know what maps you should be running? i guess Rip all new players who don't read/find the wiki? as usual. Also almost all complains I read about talk of the ground fx, never about what you guys are fixing...the fixes are great and but...ALL the ground fx....destroy fps. to fix this simply let players tone down the insanely particle hungry shit on the floor maybe? cmon listen to the cry's of the people about gfx performance for ones. Path of exile has never been so laggy, getting worst and worst. especially when there are ground fx.

There are many thing's lagging people do not understand yet.

#1 Having a lot of items on the ground(very common in almost every map), Yes having a good culler means you are indeed increasing lag. could easily be disabled no? personally if i cull i barely make it to the boss there's just too much lag in full party i need to play 2-3 ppl party and when i start map its 60+ fps by the time im done walking around the map making sure i haven't skipped any loot, i have about 5-15 fps(iiq op.)

#2 rain/open water/dust/general atmospheric particles EVERYWHERE, even on potato graphics.

I understand that ggg tested ON THERE OWN MACHINES the effect of rain/water. T know well enough from having to wait 2-7x longer every time i open an area with it and that my fps is like 10 until i start walking around then it chills out back to 60+fps, yes i own a ssd, yes i have upgraded my pc, and i know i am not alone i read about this shit...all the time.

Of course the machines ggg is making the game on can handle rain, but can the average cpu/gpu combo manage it? or do we need specific brand ? would be nice to know what kind of magical computers they use at GGG as i have build many computers and have been trying to upgrade over the years but im always behind ggg by YEARS it seems, not sure why ggg is so closed up about Performance, its all people i talk to complain about, its the reason i always end up stopping playing, i find a fun build, end up not being able to play with more then myself or else i lag and lag is ugly as fuck, i try to keep my pc updated so that i DON'T lag, but it just doesn't work, im not sure what kind of magic im suppose to cast to play poe without extremely disgusting fps drops.

#bodys. yes carrying vaal dd can help on those really silly maps where there is just insane amounts of mobs, but even detonated it feels like it still lags, not sure what it is tho, exploding corpses can help, especially if your doing fracture and you plan on getting back into the map without the map crashing and disappearing for ever. ( same for loot, too much loot close to tp = map implodes , lost quite a lot of maps to it until i stopped running it even if the loot was great ;/

There is more, but i already feel i wrote too much, i am horrible at spelling, sorry about that.

hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
NoNamium wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Truper17 wrote:

And that's exactly the problem...

So you want to get rid off the endgame for no-lifers? Pretty egotistical from you. The changes that do affect the casual players really do help them (more meep drops, less damage), so not sure what the problem is.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info