Rory's Skill Design Presentation!

Any chances to see SINGLE TARGET BOW SKILL?! Rly GGG... we have a lot of AoE skills with bow, but we have only:
- nerfed Frenzy
- nerfed Puncture
- ugly Elemental Hit
- and Tornado (also not so good now)
THAT'S ALL! Maybe its time to create something like Stun Shot with -stun threshhold and anti pointblank effect (more range = more damage)?
Last edited by ad1ce on Sep 17, 2015, 5:38:10 AM
"
Perq wrote:

Weirdly enough, I find this presentation very visually appealing. It might be just me, but I prefer light text on dark background. White backgrounds makes my eyes bleed. :-v

I didn't say dark backgrounds are bad, I just suggested toning down the white a little :-)
Visually nice.

Gameplay wise, meh.
Interesting skill, but don't like the name... shrapnell would in my opinion fit more to kinetic blast or tornado shot, or magmar orb. so you hit something and from there a few shrapnells start. Could also work fine with traps

But one question: Is the single projectile always piercing? And I assume the number of those can be increased with lmp/gmp.

Could you do the skill for bows and wands and call it rail shot???
Any chances to see SINGLE TARGET BOW SKILL?! Rly GGG... we have a lot of AoE skills with bow, but we have only:
- nerfed Frenzy
- nerfed Puncture
- ugly Elemental Hit
- and Tornado (also not so good now)
THAT'S ALL! Maybe its time to create something like Stun Shot with -stun threshhold and anti pointblank effect (more range = more damage)?

Even if they create a new sill as you say, it will removed to the old category because it will be nerfed soon.

So the point is , stop nerf and Christening the nerf , balance.
looks very nice but the name doesn't fit

like others said a single target skill is more needed, we have a lot of different AOE skills but for single target there's basically only frenzy now, puncture is situational, burning arrow is nice but frenzy's simply better, elemental hit is crap
I respectfully disagree with Rory's design philosophy. I do not think that balancing skills based on what is currently being used to be the correct choice.

Instead of in-depth analysis of under-used skills, the choice was "it's not being used? let's just buff its damage by 10% and see what happens."

The shrapnel shot thing makes no sense. Anyone playing that kind of thing will play an EK, magma orb, or lightning tendrils sort of build.. OR A MELEE. Let me just echo the point about archer single target options being kind of poor right now as well that others have mentioned.

People play archers (myself being people) for their ability to hit widely distanced targets thanks to things like Chain or the AOEs of ice shot/explosive arrow. I would include the old Lightning arrow +lmp+chain here that I once loved to bits but that's dead now. Archers are the trash janitors.

I don't think anyone plays an archer to basically be a melee with no health and move skills that have cooldowns, do they?

Anyone that tries that skill, as shown in the video, will give up on that character and switch to explosive arrow or something else that benefits from the +aoe.

So many other interesting things that could be done in engine.

A support gem that adds additional projectiles to an attack the longer you remain stationary firing it?

If it has to be a new bow skill to encourage people to get off the ALL IS TORNADO SHOT/SPLIT ARROW AND TORNADO SHIT/SPLIT ARROW IS ALL thing we have going now then...

Bolt Arrow - A projectile will rapidly bounce between target area, the caster, and any other Bolt Arrow target locations placed by this attack. base duration say, 2.0 seconds. Think Searing Bond totem gameplay, just attacks based and archery themed.

Wild Shots - Archery cyclone! Fire projectiles in all directions while moving to the targetted location. Greatly reduced projectile damage, link with Chain or LMP/GMP to pad out the number of mobs possible to be hit.
Last edited by greepnakpathofexile on Sep 17, 2015, 7:55:41 AM
Shrapnel Shot, eh? That brings me back to my Titan Quest days. Very Nice.
interesting looking skill! cant wait to try it out :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info