More Information About the Upcoming One-Month Event

What are your plans for the Ebony Seraph Set? It's been leaked for like 10 years now, and I'd like to have it.

Like many already said start the league on a Friday. please :-) I didn't play the first flashback league but this one I don't want to miss. Now all I got to do is find a build that's easy to play! :p
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
I personally like the idea and it sounds like fun. I would only like to see 2 alterations

1 - Armour MTX. If any of these challenges are going to be based on having to do certain things while certain mods are active, please don't make them things that are based on RNG. Kill x amount of tormented spirits is one thing. Having to hunt down 5 specific spirits, especially when it becomes the ones that are difficult to find period makes it beyond frustrating to achieve and pretty much basis it on luck. This becomes even more frustrating when each league is based on a certain time window when the majority of the community may or may not be able to play based on real life. The top 1% will of course be able to complete them easily because they can play whenever they need too. that is not the case for the biggest part of the community though. Killing certain mobs that are static in the game and can always be found is one thing. But to rely on RNG on top of hoping you can actually find time to play based on a small time window is going to be a big turn off to alot of players. Noone wants incomplete sets. I feel if there are parts that are not achievable to the majority of players (with a little work obviously, not asking for freebies here) Then it may be a turn off for the whole thing. If they are going to be static, Kill these beyond mobs, Box with this mod on it, Kill this Spirit, Kill this warband mob, please at least consider excluding the rare ones which are very seldomly encountered. (Divine Shrine/Echoing shrine not seen after playing the entire league for 3-5 hours per day, happen to anyone but me?) Zoning in and out of zones just to run through and try to find one specific thing is not fun at all.

2 - Please refrain from challenges that in a round about way cater to the rich. Identifying/Owning T1-T2 uniques, Turning in high value div cards (lets face it, most who completed these did not farm them their selves... they bought most of them) Clearing high level, hard to come by maps (Not only do you have to have the wealth to aquire these maps but also the gear to live through them. I'm not talking about the lower end of high maps here, more along the lines of lvl 80+ maps that once again...the majority of dedicated players can't even sustain. Lets face it...the demigods are already there to accomodate that top 1% as I am sure the upper end of the tiered rewards will be as well. We can probably already predict the players that will achieve these so I don't even see them as a challenge or incentive for most players. Lets make the rest of the stuff based more around the dedicated players who are not able to play 40+ hours a week. Once again I don't think they should all be based on a casual play style, but the meat &potatoes so to speak should probably be geared more around the dedicated player base

And just to clarify because I am sure everyones definitions are differnt this is how I rate player types

Casual Player - hour a day - 6-10 hours a week
Dedicated Player - 2-5 hours a day - 15-30 hours a week
Hardcore Players - Plays more than the average person spends at work a week - 40+ hours a week
No Lifers - Eat, Sleep, Urinate,Poop & Play PoE and often multitask by accomplishing some of the first 4 choices while still playing poe

Edit for a 3rd change - Different MTX's for Standard & Hardcore. Ebony Serph FTW. Hardcore is dead to me unless I have a very compelling reason to go for it.
Last edited by XxLabanxX on Sep 16, 2015, 2:16:54 AM
Let me start by saying that I love the way this league is being shaped, by communication with the community. For the rest, I think most of my thoughts have already been formulated by others in this thread:

"
xHavoCx wrote:
"
Karvarousku wrote:
A bit disappointed to not seeing tempest + warbands at the same time.

ditto this.

I think the last weekend of the season having every single mod ever would be a nice way to end the league.

overall though this looks great! :)

I agree that it would make sense to have a combination of the two newest mods. Perhaps even for the whole last week.

"
MAKE SURE THAT 7-8 , 14-15, 21-22 DAYS TO BE SATURDAYS + SUNDAYS. (like before)
And start the event like normal > Late Friday (europe) so all players can play in the weekend, like we always do.
I hope u understand why is better this way.

I have always liked your Friday evening launches (playing from Amsterdam, it's about 10 PM). Makes you feel like you can keep up at least during the leveling of your first character (or until it dies :P). Always a treat, those launch weekends!
i thought this league running for the rest of year. you guys hard to working made ACT4. we know this and we should not greedy on GGG at the moment.
less league lengths but div cards getting increase kinda day by day. its sad :(
i hope leagues still at 4 months. after 3 month add other challenge one. i mean not on new-month. anyway GG GGG.
Sounds cool to me.
Don't fool yourself exile... your end is just around the corner!
1) Move the date back 2 days. The lull between end of challenge leagues and start of month race should not occur on a Saturday, when everyone is available. Make sure either the challenge leagues are still going, or the month race has started. I believe ending WAR/TEM on Wednesday, and starting the month race on Friday is the best fit. The fact that would make the challenge leagues "less than 3 months" is immaterial, since the current suggested 12 weeks isn't your claimed "3 months" anyway. 3 months = 13 weeks.

Another benefit to my suggestion: the race ends on a Sunday instead of a Tuesday, for maximum engagement while crossing the finish line! Think about it. Starting on Friday and ending on Sunday is infinitely better than starting on Sunday and ending on Tuesday. Not to mention ending with all mods on is far more interesting for the Twitch audience. With a little thought, you can figure out the precise best moment (timezone/time) to both start and end the race given those days.

If you do, ensure you offset the "all mods on" days to remain on Saturday-Sundays.

2) Format. To my dismay, you've opted for the rotating mod soup. I can only hope you move on from this pattern one day. All mods for a whole month, please. Or whatever mix you want, for the entire duration.

3) Prizes. I like that you're supporting three tiers of play: top-level (demigods), intermediate (seraph set), and lower-level (raffle). I'm not in love with the intermediate rewards since that's what i'll likely be aiming for, but certainly a 3-tiered reward structure is a large improvement. I approve.

One improvement to consider in the future: instead of Top 20 demigods, how about Top 3 of each class?
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Sep 16, 2015, 2:34:31 AM
please, different colored sets for SF and HC. I hate having to play warbands to complete challenges(SC is no fun at all), but I loved getting HC specific armor in month long earlier league.
I suggest a Seraph Set with green theme instead of gold (golden one is way to close to the original for my taste).
Last edited by mrgrin on Sep 16, 2015, 2:41:38 AM
This is bogus. Both Softcore and Hardcore will have the same reward? What is special about running around with the same armor skin as players who didn't work as hard for it? Hardcore is much more of a challenge. Please make the armor skins a different color!

I was happy GGG kept the last one month rewards Blue(SC)/Red(HC). If players want they can do both and earn both...

Please GGG reconsider the race rewards. This could also encourage people who normally would not play HC to attempt it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info