2.0.3 Patch Notes

"
benjiwoosh wrote:
I wouldnt know about that one, didnt map much this season yet - cant make up my mind on toon I want to actually gring past 60.
I was actually thinking about FPS being bollocs even on good machines - I have HD 7970 installed on my machine and even with shadows set to low, antialiasing set to medium, textures to high and texture filtering set to trilinear, with post processing and v-sync switched off I STILL DROP TO 12 FPS IN CERTAIN LOCATIONS!
How ridiculous is that when I can play most new games on ultra with stable 60 FPS with this setup?

Same issue here, had this problem since 2.0 was released. Sometime I can get between 100-120 for a few seconds then it drops to 40-90 with a fair amount of monsters with frequent dips down to 5-15fps...

I've tried almost all combinations in the settings (graphics,sound/nosound and lockstep/deterministic) with almost no impact on the FPS. Like you said even with low settings the FPS remains the same. I got a small improvement disabling the nvidia audio drivers but otherwise...

Machine: i7 i3770 3.5GHz, 4 core HT, 32GB RAM, GTX980STRIX 4GB, SSD.
Personal feedback thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1345148
"
benjiwoosh wrote:
"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
Stop making totem skins please and give some other skills some love on the mtx guys.

More like stop making totem skins please and fix the performance issues instead.

Sorry these dam forums don't allow more than 3 quotes(stupid yeah?). Here is what i was going to reply to your other post:

I got those problems as well when 2.0 came around. Try disabling shadows entirely.

It will boost your fps during those moments. I went from Vaal Molten Shell tanking my fps to being able to handle it fairly well. Something went off with their assets in 2.0 with the expansion release that screwed with people's optimization of the game.

I never had to disable shadows before 2.0. It sucks but it works.

On the other hand if they just offered a visual sfx slider like people have been asking for since closed beta back at the start of the game....this would be a non issue. But they refuse to do that as it and i quote"breaks the immersion and vision of their game".

So full of shit.

I love this game but their disconnection with the community when it comes to what THEY want to compared to what makes it better for us , is pretty big. I mean look how long it took them to bloody up the drop rate?

With this change we could expect a visual slider by 2017. Maybe.
"
phaero wrote:
"
benjiwoosh wrote:
I wouldnt know about that one, didnt map much this season yet - cant make up my mind on toon I want to actually gring past 60.
I was actually thinking about FPS being bollocs even on good machines - I have HD 7970 installed on my machine and even with shadows set to low, antialiasing set to medium, textures to high and texture filtering set to trilinear, with post processing and v-sync switched off I STILL DROP TO 12 FPS IN CERTAIN LOCATIONS!
How ridiculous is that when I can play most new games on ultra with stable 60 FPS with this setup?

Same issue here, had this problem since 2.0 was released. Sometime I can get between 100-120 for a few seconds then it drops to 40-90 with a fair amount of monsters with frequent dips down to 5-15fps...

I've tried almost all combinations in the settings (graphics,sound/nosound and lockstep/deterministic) with almost no impact on the FPS. Like you said even with low settings the FPS remains the same. I got a small improvement disabling the nvidia audio drivers but otherwise...

It sucks but try disabling shadows.
"
phaero wrote:
I got a small improvement disabling the nvidia audio drivers but otherwise...

So people with Nvidia have issues too? I thought it was only ATI thing...

"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
I never had to disable shadows before 2.0. It sucks but it works.

On the other hand if they just offered a visual sfx slider like people have been asking for since closed beta back at the start of the game....this would be a non issue. But they refuse to do that as it and i quote"breaks the immersion and vision of their game".

So full of shit.

They really said /that/? This is bloody ridiculous.
As if playing game on lowest settings on EVERYTHING BUT PARTICLES didnt break the immersion :|.

I just switched everything to lowest possible settings (no vsync, no post-proc, no anti-aliasing, no shadows) and Im oscillating between 250 and 150 dps, 200 being avarage most of the time BUT STILL FPS drops noticably. Maybe not to 10 or 15, but you can still see drops. Ill try to catch fps when I encounter freezing or desecrated ground, my arch nemesis since... ever.
"
benjiwoosh wrote:
my arch nemesis since... ever.

My arch enemy on my curse on hit multiple projectile ball lightning build is:

- fractured undead/summoner maps

Complete screen freeze

/edit:

I still got to 87 (on standard) tho
Also thanks for the patch!
Last edited by Im2sl0w on Sep 3, 2015, 5:33:21 AM
"
Im2sl0w wrote:
"
benjiwoosh wrote:
my arch nemesis since... ever.

My arch enemy on my curse on hit multiple projectile ball lightning build is:

- fractured undead/summoner maps

Complete screen freeze

/edit:

I still got to 87 (on standard) tho
Also thanks for the patch!

See prob is, I only play on HC now... I think every HC played has at least one screen freeze death he/she is mad about.
Drop rate changes are one big WTF but I guess when you shoot blindly, 400% up or down could be expected. It is also 400% increase on very low base, so we just get slightly more of nothing. Whew!

Minor buffs to Marauder, which seems fine. Some of those notables were mediocre and mostly taken for pathing. They are now more in line with similar notables around the tree.

"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Version 2.0.3
  • The drop locations for The Celestial Justicar and The Drunken Aristocrat have been changed.

This comes in a moment when I have 3 Justicar cards, of which 2 I got in Fellshrine and 1 dropped in Graveyard. I run Graveyard purely for Justicar drops lately because killing the boss is not worthy if you are melee or not completely overgeared. What am I supposed to do with so many Graveyards maps in my stash?...

I already noted Justicar drops in Crypt map. I spent quite a lot of them hunting Warbands in past weeks but I still have few lest.

I hope new non-map location is decent place. It was decent location, rather low mob density but it was manageable with 2 or 3 quicksilver flasks.
"
So correct me if I'm mistaken, but it seems that casters now have no choice but to use Lightning Warp in order to match Leap Slam's functionality.

Unfortunately, Lightning Warp needs some funky support links that pretty much need to use up an entire gear slot. I was using Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Curse + Inc AoE.

Now I will have to dedicate an entire 4-link to Lightning Warp so that Reduced Duration doesn't fuck my curse. Bonus problem is that I now have nowhere to put my curse. The game won't let me unlink a 4-link. My only real option is to buy a new item and pray I can get 2L + 2L before a 4L, so that I can use LW + Reduced Duration / Curse + Faster Casting or Inc AoE. I don't know. I feel fucked any way I look at it.

When they first announced the change to not be able to roll over max sockets and links, I was quick to point out that the usefulness in ability to unlink a 4 link far outweighed the security of inability.

Chris responded within minutes that they would make it so you could still unlink 4 sock 4 links and 3 sock 3 links. The inability to unlink 4 links never saw live realm.
Casually casual.

"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Daily Missions from Leo no longer include team based PvP (Such as 3v3 or Capture the Flag). These now alternate between 1v1 Arena and Free-for-All Arena daily missions each day.

Finally !!!!! WOOHOO !!!!!!

Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Sep 3, 2015, 6:03:28 AM
cool stuff !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info